The scoop on 'Abbott's Landscape Nursery'

Abbott's Landscape Nursery

2781 Scio Church Rd
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103-9634 (United States)

Visit Abbott's Landscape Nursery at:

Comments:

Positive DexterMIgrower
Dexter, MI
May 1, 2011
Very good inventory of varieties and species that grow well here. Helpful, patient staff willing to listen and give good ideas for particular situations (eg deer browse). Good return policy. Everything you need and a nice play area for the kids.
Positive uviolet
St Clair Shores, MI (Zone 6a)
May 12, 2007
This place was well worth the drive. Large, diverse selection (that all seemed extremely healthy) and very good prices. The staff I encountered were all very friendly and helpful.

This will be one of the first places I go to when I'm adding more to my gardens next year.
Positive calypsa
Plymouth, MI (Zone 5b)
February 6, 2006
We have been long-time patrons of Abbott's. We have found many special trees and shrubs at Abbott's and have always been 100% satisfied. Their stock has been healthy and amazingly robust, and we have had very little loss despite the challenges presented by these wonderfully unpredictable Michigan winters.

At first glance their prices may seem a bit steep, but that illusion disappears once you actually get a good look at the merchandise! Similarly sized specimens at other local nurseries generally cost far more and are not nearly as attractive.
Positive MaryLiz
Dexter, MI (Zone 5b)
April 27, 2004
I was desperate for a particular variety of daylily. I called Abbott's to make sure they had that variety in stock that day. I was told they had it.

I drove to Abbott's, got out and started searching. I didn't find it. When I went inside, I was almost expecting to find out that they didn't have it after all. (How many times does a store have something when they're talking to you on the phone, and then it mysteriously disappears as soon as you get there? Haha.) The woman at the desk looked at an inventory list and told me they had two pots left. She took me back outside and found them for me. Hooray! :-)

The moral of the story: Abbott's has a huge inventory. Be sure to ask for help from the staff if you don't see what you're after.