The scoop on 'Vincent Gardens'

Vincent Gardens

Vincent Gardens has 96 products listed in PlantScout.

1960 East Baker Highway
Douglas, Georgia 31535 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Company Comment, posted on July 21, 2010:
We, at Vincent Gardens, specialize in growing plants that attract hummingbirds and butterflies to the garden. Our backyard nursery is stocked full of host and nectar plants for butterflies, hummingbirds, drought tolerant perennials, woody ornamental shrubs, & trees. All perennials and shrubs that we grow are under natural conditions, using high quality potting media, and slow release fertilizer, that is competitively priced and ready to transplant directly into your garden.

We are located in Douglas, Georgia which is seated in Coffee County in Southeast Ga. Our operation is a family-owned business and certified by the Georgia Department of Agriculture Live Plant Division.

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive missjenniferd1
Knoxville, TN
June 5, 2014
I am very happy with my purchase from them. I ordered two Aloysia virgata, Sweet Almond Verbena (1 gallon). I was grateful to get a large sized plant rather than the small plants I get from lazy s's and forest farm. The shipping was very good even though the plants were much larger/heavier. The plants were $17.97 each, which was only a few dollars more than what I pay when I get plants from lazy s's and forest farm. and the shipping for both combined was $17.80. So I paid $27 each including shipping. For gallon sized plants. my last order with lazy s's was 12 plants $150.88 and shipping of $34.65 totalling $185.53 making each plant $15.46. So you can have small plants for $15 each or gallon plants for $27 each. It costs almost twice as much, so if you have the time to wait then go with lazy s's or forest farms. But if you want to start off with a nicer size plant (and super healthy) I would go with vincent gardens. I kind of like the larger size because I feel that they are already of a good planting size and are more stable/less fragile than a baby plant. I feel that I got a good price for a very healthy plant, and I didnt have to go from place to place. I had a big list of plants I wanted and calling around locally was becoming a huge chore, no one had what I was looking for. I love Dave's garden for referencing which suppliers have what, and to be able to get specifically what I am looking for. I feel that I can recommend vincent gardens and I would shop there again in the future, especially if i want something in a gallon size. The shipping was lightning fast too, I got it within just a few days after ordering and didn't pay extra. I think she must have sent my plants the next day!! I have been happiest with my order from vincent gardens over forest farms and lazy s's due to size of plants and health.
Positive Sheridragonflys
Montgomery, AL (Zone 8b)
March 30, 2014
I ordered salvias from Donna at Vincent Gardens.
They arrived by Fed Ex last month, in March, 2014.
They were wrapped individually
and packaging was out standing!
She included a color picture and description
and a thank you note inside the box.
They have been in the ground for 2 weeks, have green
leaves and are growing really well!
I ordered Blue Ensign and Two toned pink micro salvia
for my hummingbirds!
Positive Azouzgarden
Arden, DE
October 13, 2013
First time ordering from VincentGardens.com, the plants packed very well and arrived in excellent condition , I will certainly order again from them.
(Aziz)
Very Nice !!!
Positive NatureLover1950
Vicksburg, MS (Zone 8a)
October 5, 2013
I normally prefer to buy local but Donna has many butterfly nectar and host plants that aren't easy to find locally. Her service is stellar and she is very polite, helpful, and courteous. She got me exactly what I wanted. In fact, she was out of stock on the paw paw trees I wanted so offered me two larger paw paws she had. She got my order to me very quickly and all of the plants were in perfect shape--still green and fresh looking. Everything was very carefully packed. All five plants have strong root systems and are very healthy. She even included a free gift--an Anthony Parker salvia. She also offers great advice, answers all questions, and doesn't mind follow-up customer service. Donna is wonderful to deal with and absolutely deserves an A+ rating! I will be ordering from her again.
Positive Fiordiligi
Rutherford
United States
September 26, 2013
Posted on July 24, 2013, updated September 26, 2013
I bought two shrubs last year. One was undersized and has failed to thrive.The other quickly died.
On September 26th, 2013, Fiordiligi changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

However the customer service--not only full replacement but followup questions and detailed tips--has been stellar. After that, I wouldn't hesitate to order again.
Positive gulogirl
Redwood, NY
September 14, 2013
This is the first time ordering from this company, and although I'm way North, they had a LOT of the plants I was looking for with good descriptive information on zones, etc. I was looking for butterfly host plants, as I am active in butterfly gardening at work. So, took the plunge and my trees arrived today - trees, not sticks, in leaf and tenderly packaged.

I am very pleased with the customer service and the A+++ quality of the plants! Looking forward to getting them in the ground after they recover in a couple of days to dot our landscape. Kudos for wildlife and habitat restoration gardening!!!
Positive Salviapsycho
Fairburn, GA
September 4, 2013
After finding Vincent Gardens via Dave's Garden, I contacted Donna to arrange a site visit, which she graciously allowed - I live in metro Atlanta, and was nearby visiting friends. I brought a new acquaintance with me, and was delighted with the selection, health, size and prices I found.
1.5 hours, 2 Spicebushes, 1 Purple Majesty Salvia, 1 Forsythia Salvia, and 2 purple Firespikes later, and I brought the new treasures back to wait for transport home several days later. They still haven't gone in the ground (2 more days) but look good and had really well established root systems. Like others, I often don't like to order on-line unless unavailable elsewhere, and she has some common varieties, but a lot of others, especially Salvias, that I can't find on the east coast. Add the selection to the personality and the clear product knowledge, and I'll be making a side-trip every time we visit.
Positive mellielong
Lutz, FL (Zone 9b)
June 19, 2013
This was my first order from Vincent Gardens. I ordered from them because I was looking hard for a purple firespike for my butterfly garden. I was also pleased to find Spicebush for sale and ordered two of those as well.

My plant delivery was delayed a week but I was sent an email explaining they had a family emergency. This was fine with me; I appreciated the communication. The plants came packed well and were still moist when they arrived. The Spicebush were advertised as 18-24" tall and that's exactly what arrived. They even threw in an extra purple firespike for me! (Now I have find a place for it, LOL!) I will definitely look to Vincent Gardens the next time I want to expand my butterfly garden.
Positive ozarker
Corpus Christi, TX
February 25, 2013
Posted on November 5, 2012, updated February 25, 2013
Posted on April 2, 2012, updated November 5, 2012
Posted on October 1, 2009, updated April 2, 2012
I ordered on Monday, paid on Tuesday and received plants on Thursday! Plants are extremely well-packed, root systems are hugh and I am very pleased, both with the plants and the service! I will happily order from Donna again!
ozarker
On April 2nd, 2012, ozarker added the following:

Received my 2012 order from Donna Saturday. What a great experience!!!!! Plants are huge with enormus root systems!!! They are packed extremely well and arrived in wonderful shape! Donna always includes a "bonus" to try and she really is in tune with her customer's likes! She is helpful and truly wants her customers to be happy! I enjoy talking with her almost as much as I enjoy her plants! Wonderful plants, wonderful service!!!!!! She is a great plant lady and I highly recommend Vincent Gardens!
On November 5th, 2012, ozarker added the following:

Received fall order from Donna! WOW! Beautiful healthy plants, carefully packed and not a single leaf missing, bruised or wilted! Wonderful company to do business with-I have been a customer since 2008 and I really look forward to each new order. Donna continually offers new plants and always takes the time to "teach" you how to care for your plants. The plants are the best bargain around but it's the "personal touch" from Donna that seals the deal and keeps me coming back! If a beautiful yard is your goal, Vincent Gardens should be your first source.
On February 25th, 2013, ozarker added the following:

Received my order of native seedling plants, and, once again, Donna has outdone herself! They may be seedlings but the root systems are huge and dense! As always, excellent product, excellent service, and always a little
more than you ordered! Can't wait until they "grow up!" If you haven't ordered from Vincent Gardens before, you really should give them a try ASAP!
Positive Theidmi
Thomasville, GA
December 5, 2012
I am always on the lookout for native / antiques which are difficult to find in my area and have been tentative about ordering plants online because I can't "see" them. I was very pleased to locate some antiques here and decided to try the online ordering for once. I received the plants in pristeen condition, a timely manner, and was most pleasantly surprised to find bonus plants included. Donna Vincent adds a personal touch for her customers; which is also a rare commodity these days. I have shared my buying experience with friends and will absolutely visit her website / nursery many times in the future.
Positive mollys308
Penrose, NC
September 28, 2012
I just received my first order from Vincent Gardens. I am so happy I found her! My trees are all in terrific condition. The packaging could not have been better. The trees I ordered are all butterfly larval food sources. When I opened the package there was a note on top saying to handle the Hop tree with care because there is a Swallowtail cat on it. The top of that tree had cardboard around it to protect the cat. I thought that was just awesome! Even better is that it is a Giant Swallowtail cat which are not plentiful in my area so I am very excited about it! Also, Donna gives terrific customer service. I had a question about shipping and after an email she called me. I liked that a lot because it is so much nicer (and easier) to talk to someone than to email back and forth. I will not hesitate to order from Vincent Gardens in the future.
Positive carlisl1
Orlando, FL
July 16, 2012
My plants arrived packed as best as I have ever seen !! They are very healthy, I plan to order more soon. Thank you for being a salvia lover.
Positive EHOLTZ
Palm Harbor, FL
June 17, 2012
I am an experienced plant grower especially orchids. I am new to humming bird and butterfly gardening so was looking for experience and quality in plant purchases. I am totally hooked on Donna and Vincent gardens. I have purchased over 30 plants of various trypes and am both pleased and amazed at the quality and price of every one. Add this to the personal and professional support on every order and for me there is no other source. I have an existing order for 12 more plants to be shipped next week and at 81 years old I am like a kid waiting for a new toy.
Positive sissiecat
Tampa, FL (Zone 9b)
May 25, 2012
My plants arrived in excellent condition. Beautiful, healthy plants. I will order again from Donna very soon. I am very pleased with Vincent Gardens and recommend them highly.
Positive salgardener
Georgiana, AL
May 22, 2012
I ordered a variety of salvias for the large number of hummingbirds I get during fall migration here in south Alabama. The plants were all very large, healthy plants and extremely well packed. I enjoy using regional mail order nurseries if possible. I will definitely order again from Donna.
Positive helenahkh
Gautier, MS
May 17, 2012
I am very please with my salvia order. The selection is great,
all the plants are very healthy and mature. I'm sure they will all be blooming soon. The packing & shipping was great too, they got to me in no time a lot sooner than I expected. I will buy again. Thanks for the nice bonus plant.
Positive MissSherry
Wiggins, MS
May 15, 2012
I'm so glad that Vincent's carries plants for the benefit of wildlife, especially the large salvia collection!
My plants arrived in good condition, with very large roots. It's been my experience that mail-order plants with small roots rarely thrive, whereas, if they have a lot of roots, they grow and adapt rapidly and bloom equally as fast.
I'll definitely order from Vincent's again!
Positive kiseta
Augusta, GA (Zone 8a)
April 19, 2012
This is the second year I have ordered from this vendor. Both years I have been happy with my order. The hot lips salvias I got last year are doing well and this year I have ordered 2 new salvias, they arived on time and in good shape. Very good comunication and I am a happy customer.
Positive flygflowers
Hudson, FL
March 13, 2012
Posted on April 17, 2010, updated March 13, 2012
I ordered two buddleia plants from them on a Sunday evening and the plants were delivered Friday morning. The plants were packed well and are very healthy looking. I feel the price was very reasonable. The seller e-mailed me when she thought the plants wld be shipped and again when they
were actually shipped. I am very happy with my purchase and I would buy fm this seller again.
On March 13th, 2012, flygflowers added the following:

On February 27,2012 I placed an order for two Buddleia Butterfly bushes from Vincent Gardens. The bushes were to be shipped during the week of March 5.

The owner called me on March 8 to let me know they were being shipped that day and gave me instructions on how I should care for them when received. I received the plants the next day. This nursery always packs their plants so carefully. They also sent me a "bonus plant" -
another Buddleia plant they thought I might like to have.
They really go out of their way to please their customers.

I would definitely recommend this nursery.
Positive hoovman
Spindale, NC
February 24, 2012
Extremely pleased with my order! Highly recommend doing business with Donna. Great customer service along with quality plant material & reasonable pricing. Could not believe how well the plants were packaged and what good condition they were in.
Outstanding!! ~ Thanks
Positive bibbykitty
San Antonio, TX (Zone 8b)
October 28, 2011
I am very impressed with the quality of the salvias I received from Donna!!! The plants are large and healthy looking. Shipped when agreed upon.

I would recommend Vincent Gardens highly.

Rose
Positive TMS85
Kyle, TX
August 25, 2011
I'm very impressed with Vincent Gardens. I ordered two Lord Baltimore hibiscus plants earlier this summer. They both arrived quickly, nicely packaged, and in very good condition. The soil was still moist and the plants healthy despite having been shipped in the heat of the Texas summer. I planted them right away. There were just a few twigs sticking above the ground when I planted them, with maybe one or two leaves each, but they have blossomed over the past couple months. They're now several feet tall and starting to form their first flowers. They're also probably the healthiest plants in my garden, and I have mostly Texas Star Hibiscus and Knockout roses -- good varieties for my climate. I was so pleased my Vincent Gardens that I just ordered more.
Positive YardBirdJim
Ashburn, GA
June 13, 2011
Highly recommend Vincent Gardens!!! Donna went the extra mile to make sure that I was a satisfied customer. This lady is very knowledgeable and is quick to offer helpful advice. I got a very good deal on several hard-to-find healthy plants that would have cost a lot more if ordered from elsewhere. I am very pleased with my transaction and look forward to placing more orders.
Positive sjhsqrd
New Market, AL (Zone 7a)
June 5, 2011
I ordered 3 American BeautyBerry plants from Vincent Gardens and was stunned at the excellent packing of the plants. I spoke with the owner when I recieved them and gushed about it, she was very caring. She actually added a little pineapple sage, which is flourishing.

I ordered these in April sometime and now, in early June, they have started their buds and are beautifully healthy. The planting instructions were very clear and obviously worked well.

I will do much more business with Vincent Gardens, am about to order Crepe Myrtles right now...
Positive kannkann
Houston, TX
June 2, 2011
I received 3 Beautyberry bushes (Callicarpa americana) arrived this afternoon via FedEx in unbelievably perfect condition. They couldn't have looked better if I had picked them up at the local nursery! The foliage was perfect and the soil still moist. I only wish they would have had more in stock - this bush is very hard to come by!

The shipping is not cheap, but it is reasonable for FedEx. She charges a fair price for the plants, so it is only right to pay a fair price for quick shipping.

One note - the initial shipping date was delayed about a week, but Donna gave an explanation and was apologetic about it. I was worried because it is already VERY hot here in Texas, but the plants didn't suffer for the delay.

Thanks Donna for a great looking product. I can't wait until these bushes produce their beautiful berries!
Neutral distantkin
Saint Cloud, MN (Zone 4b)
May 10, 2011
I was involved in a co-op that was a disaster. I would post a negative, but in the end I got my plants from A Flower's Nursery.
My advice:
*When doing a co-op, don't cause your members to stress about if or when they will get their plants because of personal drama.
*Do not give out personal financial information about others involved in the co-op. I still have the e-mail where this was done.
*Be honest about yourself (Not only falsely claiming you are a Master Gardener, but using the title when involved in financial gain are both BIG No Nos)
*Don't use public forums to air dirty laundry.
I have never been involved in a co-op where so much nastiness was spewed across the internet. I am sure you have a great nursery and wonderful plants, but who wants to wade through the stress and drama to save a few cents?
Positive DianeSC
Edgefield, SC (Zone 8a)
May 3, 2011
4/25/2011 I ordered 6 fringe tree starters late in the planting season and would have been grateful to receive scraggly leftovers. Instead, 7 "large" and healthy plants arrived with extensive root systems, still moist and in perfect condition. They're gorgeous and the price cannot be beat! I know because I shopped the nurseries nearby me and this was the perfect source for my situation. On top of everything, I called Donna Vincent and arranged for a delivery date that would coincide with my travel schedule. She was lovely to speak with, helpful with planting advice, and patient with my requests. Bottom line: I'll shop here again and again. I love the personal commitment of the smaller business and the knowledge that she's also a fellow gardener. Diane
Positive Eyesaque
Industry, PA
April 19, 2011
Ordered 3 Paw Paw seedlings and she gave me an extra one! Excellent root systems, but we'll see how they grow. Only downside is that their catalogue is primarily flowers and I am not interested in flowers, otherwise I would definitely order a lot more from Vincent Gardens!
Positive stetchworth
Ocean Springs, MS (Zone 8b)
April 15, 2011
Sent great looking plants that are now growing fast and the packaging was excellent but what I really liked was the great customer service, Donna follows up with her customers to make sure they are satisfied. A+
Positive dmac085
Greensboro, NC (Zone 7a)
April 13, 2011
I received my order from a group buy offering and the plants were very securely wrapped, moist, green and healthy. I had bonus plants and had communication prior to the shipping to ask if I was OK with a substitution due to the poor quality of a particular item I had ordered. I agreed and appreciated being asked prior to shipment.
There was a wrong item shipped instead of the particular cultivar I had ordered and Donna apologized for the error and offered to send the missing plants and offered to add in one of the other plants that had to be subbed as it had finally started to show some growth.
I have to say that I have received really good customer service in the face of a partnership dissolving midstream. I will be a returning customer as I am thrilled with the plants I've received and the communication I've had with Donna.
Neutral merrymath
Morrisville, PA (Zone 6b)
April 6, 2011
I hoping Donna Vincent will correct all the errors that occured in a co-op that she had .... if she does not, I will change my rating to negative. I am owed a refund for items not received. It appears that Donna may desire to run out on obligations.

The remarks in the negative review to the best of my knowledge are true. The poster was involved in the same co-op.
Positive trackinsand
mid central, FL (Zone 9a)
April 5, 2011
Posted on November 5, 2010, updated April 5, 2011
just received my first order and couldn't be more pleased. the communication was perfect; shipping was very prompt; plants are nice and big (dormant right now but huge root systems). they are larger than average square pots. i'll be using them again! thanks so much for a great transaction.
On April 5th, 2011, trackinsand added the following:

it's really a shame that non-subscribers can add reviews that at best sound "fishy". i'm reading a review dated 4/3/11 and it's hard to believe the problems this person had....not that things don't happen from time to time with any company but please don't base your purchase or non-purchase with this company by what this particular reviewer wrote. i think this is an excellent company to do business with.
Positive Patti1957
Eagle Point, OR (Zone 8a)
March 12, 2011
I just received 5 bare-root trees from Donna: Red Maple, Paw Paw, Red Bud, Dogwood, and Spice bush, they all have excellent roots and are very big and healthy looking. I also received two Pineapple Sage and they have great root systems and are nice size plants. Vincent Gardens has great plants, trees and shrubs and excellent prices and service. Donna is so easy to talk to and will try her best to get you what you are looking for. She packs her plants with such care and they arrive in very good condition. I am excited that I have some Buddleia butterfly bush liners and perennial starter plants that I will be receiving from her in the next month or so. Thank you Donna!
Positive flitt
Royal, AR
February 10, 2011
I just received my first order from Vincent Gardens and couldn't be more pleased. Plants were well packaged and in good shape. Donna is excellent to deal with.
Positive itk
Prospect Heights, IL
July 26, 2010
I am very pleased, both with the plants and the service! You can see the care and attention Donna gives each plant. They are well-packed, root systems are strong and shipping was very fast. I will happily order from Vincent Gardens again to attract more hummingbirds to my garden.

Positive AnnieRose
Interlaken, NY (Zone 5b)
April 26, 2010
Very good sized, nice plants arrived in excellent condition; very well packed. Good communication and plants arrived very quickly.
Positive ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charleen), GA (Zone 8b)
April 20, 2010
Vincent Gardens is a great place to order plants. I ordered one week was planting them the next. Very nice , healthy plants. Will be so glad to order from them again.
Thank you, Vincent Gardens for a wonderful order.
Charleen
Positive onewish1
Denville, NJ (Zone 6b)
April 8, 2010
nice customer service... an email was sent before shipping.. awesome packing & quick delivery... great looking plugs!!! will buy from Vincent Gardens again in the future!!!

photos of shipment in my diary
Positive seray53
April 7, 2010
I received plugs today from Donna. They were so healthy, well rooted, ready to go. The packing was superb and they were still moist. The price was wonderfully affordable. Will definitely order again.

Nice bonus gift included. I expect my hummers will thank her as well!