The scoop on 'Albert Lea Seed House'

Albert Lea Seed House

Albert Lea, Minnesota 56007 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-352-8247

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Company Comment, posted on September 1, 1996:
Please be advised that we are producers and processors of farm seeds used primarily in the upper Midwest. Our small company is PRIMARILY retail field seed (Corn, Oats, Wheat, Soybeans, and Alfalfa.)

We are not set up as a mail order company, but we do ship small orders of cover crops - hairy vetch, crimson clover, winter rye - for a little extra. Please be patient! Our catalog is 24 pages, black and white, and provides interesting information on field crops. We have been in business 75 years, and we are very competitively priced. In addition we are certified organic processors.

Comments:

Positive charliemikeoh
Blairsville, GA
February 22, 2017
Despite our best plans, we found ourselves over RUN with too many animals (three horses and 11 sheep) on our 3.5 acre pasture. (We went from four sheep to 13 in five months [and put two in th freezer]; who knew sheep were so prolific?!?) Anticipating that we needed to act fast before we had a dirt lot, we ordered 50# of seed from Albert Lea --- 25# of Dan Patch (specifically designed for horses' close-grazing patterns) and 25# of Rejuvnator. We were astonished at how well that grass flourished and fed all those animals all year, even with such a heavy overload. Now, we're back to invest in more seed for our other field. Sad to see not many others have found this gem. Shipping is expensive (we live in GA; the company is in MN). But I was leery of buying grass seed from Amazon due to the mixed reviews of others vendors, and mistrustful of the big companies like Scott's or a one-seed-mix-fits-all approach. Albert Lea's staff heard my unique situation and made the PERFECT recommendation for what we needed to sustain those animals on that field. Thank you Albert Lea for not wasting my money on the initial seed purchase ... and for saving me a ton of money in the long-term for supplements we did not need to buy because your seed met our animals' grazing needs all year.
Positive beesnorth
December 4, 2002
As the owner/operator of an organic farm, with field crops and pastures, plus 2.5 acres of garden, I can't overstress the happiness I have felt every time I call or order from these folks. They have excellent, regional, thoughtful agronomy knowledge and are extremely helpful. They've helped me rejuvenate my fields with custom green manure mixes, custom pasture and fertilizer formulation and even assisted in finding sources of open-pollinated seed. They treat you well, no matter whether you have seven or seven thousand acres, and their prices are great. I tell everyone else I know who farms to please, please support locally owned companies such as Albert Lea. I always look forward to their catalog and bookmark their website.
Positive jodeekulp
September 1, 1996
Albert Lea Seed Company: Reputable firm and nice people to do business with.