The scoop on 'Horton Iris Garden'

Horton Iris Garden

Loomis, California 95650 (United States)

Visit Horton Iris Garden at:

Comments:

Positive JenniferRuth
San Diego, CA (Zone 10b)
May 18, 2011
I placed an order for about 40 irises in 2010. When they arrived, I was so pleased with their quality and the generous number of bonuses that I placed a second, slightly larger order. The owner, Mary Ann Horton, was very pleasant and helpful to work with.

As others have mentioned, her prices are very reasonable--I won a blue ribbon at our local iris show with an iris that cost only $3.00!

One thing I particularly like about this company is the website. For one thing, it loads quickly, important for someone like me who doesn't have the best Internet service. For another, the photos are good quality so you can really see what you're ordering (I'm amazed at how even the biggest names in irises sometimes continue to use photos they must have taken at the very beginning of digital photography). The abbreviations used in the descriptions are explained on every page. And I notice that this year, the irises that tend to rebloom later in the season are labeled with the lowest (coldest) climate zone they are likely to rebloom in. As someone who used to live in Wisconsin's chilly Zone 4, I know how important that information is.

All in all, I was very pleased. I will order again.

Positive suegardens2
Youngstown, OH
August 17, 2010
Great communication, carefully packaged and shipped on time. Nice rhizomes, labeled well. Also sent nice bonus irises. Their prices are so reasonable, too. What more could you want. I will purchase again.

Suegardens2
Positive iris28
(dana)Owensboro, KY (Zone 6a)
September 8, 2008
so far ive gotten the biggest rhizomes from horton iris garden . im so happy with my order . everything was huge and a few were clumps of 2 with babies. i even got 2 of one kind even though they were of good size . i will definately order from them again !