The scoop on 'OVM Seeds'

OVM Seeds

PO Box 6754
Bellevue, Washington 98008 (United States)

This company is affiliated with 2 companies:This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Negative zonkel
Florence, MS (Zone 7b)
August 25, 2009
I ordered well over $100 worth of seeds from OVM on ebay. I immediately gave them a great ebay rating as the seeds were shipped in a timely manner, were clean seeds as ordered and were well-packaged.

However, after planting OVM's and American Meadow seeds, many of the seeds I got from OVM did not germinate whereas I got very good germination from the American Meadow seeds.

I got NO germination from the following OVM seeds: creeping thyme; painted daisy; tidy tips; strawflower; poppy mix; California bluebells; willow bellflower; evening primrose; mountain garland; maltese cross; pyrethrum; scarlet and blue sages; candytuft; evening scented stock; canturbury bells; maxmillian sunflower; gloriosa daisy.

I got limited germination from: bachelors button; red dwarf coreopsis; coneflower; spurred snapdragon; Chinese forget-me-not; bloodflower; zinnia pumila; butterfly bush; red and gold yarrow; cosmos; baby blue eyes.

The good American Meadow germination I received tells me that my sowing methods were not flawed. I did direct seed most of the seed, and could expect some lack of survival compared with seeding in flats, but NO germination from so many seeds was unacceptable.

I sent an email to the company explaining I would be giving them a negative rating but got NO response.
Positive Menk
Darling Downs
Australia
August 10, 2008
Ridiculously overpriced at $9.21 USD for a packet of 200 seed, plus a whopping $9.86 USD for postage to Australia (post print label says $1:40). I'm guessing the 8" X 5" padded envelope did not cost the company $8.46 to buy!!

But the seed was fresh and clean and professionally packaged. The very good gemrination made the expense seem worthwhile.