The scoop on 'Real Palm Trees (RealPalmTrees.com)'

Real Palm Trees (RealPalmTrees.com)

Englewood, Florida 34295 (United States)

Phone: 1-877-257-4778

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Negative lawguyIllinois
Columbia, MD
September 28, 2014
Posted on September 28, 2014, updated September 28, 2014
Fact:

1. As of 9/28/2014, the company has a VERY low rating on Better Business. Click here http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/nurse...

2. The number is ALWAYS busy when I called. Call it now, to verify. I have only ONCE gotten a hold of someone. He gave me the excuse that their inspector was gone, and that is why the package had not been sent. He said the order was processed, and I would get my plant by Friday. 1 Month Later. NO PLANT. NO RESPONSE. *The voice mail seemed to also always be full*

3. I have sent several e-mails, NOT a single one has been answered!

4. As mentioned, your credit card will be billed as Nevo Star. It is a college.

5. USE a credit card so you can have some level of recourse if this happens to you. Report that the charges on your card were made without your permission. This way, you don\'t have to argue quality of service

The above is stated as true, and as an attorney, I stand by my statement. Truth is an absolute defense. I am NOT afraid of people coming after me for bad-reviews.
On September 28th, 2014, lawguyIllinois added the following:

Just for those of you that think my case is isolated.
Negative crunch56
Roswell, GA
July 21, 2014
Last Sept.2013, I ordered a Washingtonia Robusta for my son Malcolm as a coming home present from the hospital. He had fractured his neck in a boating accident in July, and was confined to wearing a halo around his head and shoulders. He picked out the palm from Real Palm Trees .com, and I paid about $270.00 for the tree plus shipping.

When it arrived there were already some brown leaves on it, which was a concern to me, but we planted it none the less. Winter came around and I packed mulch around it, put a heating light on it, wrapped w/ Xmas tree lights, and covered w/ tarp. Unfortunately, it died.

My son initially contacted customer service at REAL PALM TREES.com, told his story and they said someone would get back to him to work out a solution. He was heartbroken that his beloved palm had died. After a couple of months not hearing anything back, I contacted them again explaining the situation. They once again said someone would get back to me and to give my order number. I gave them the info, and once again haven't heard a thing. I tried to call them today to get connected to a full voice mail box.

Obviously, this business only exists to TAKE YOUR MONEY, and after that you're on your own....buyers beware, AS YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED BY A VERY DISGRUNTLED "FORMER" CUSTOMER!
Positive PaulMBolden
Columbus, OH
July 19, 2014
I ordered 2 plants from realpalmtrees.com for my mothers birthday recently. I bought her the Dypsis cabadae and the Yuca rostrata. We live in Ohio, and I was unsure that the plants would make it. I emailed a few questions to their customer support, and they replied almost immediately with the help I was looking for. I ordered the plants, and they arrived within a few days in perfect shape. I read the reviews on this site before making my decision and am glad I decided to ignore the few bad reviews. realpalmtrees.com has exceeded my expectations, and I will use them again for myself, and for gifts to friends and family. I highly recommend them.
Positive Vickiwaggg
Englewood, FL
June 3, 2014
A little while ago I ordered 4 Fiji Fan Palm trees for the deck in my backyard. Iíve always wanted an exotic, tropical backyard and after taking a tropical vacation not too long ago I fell in love with these trees. I purchased the 7 ft. tall trees and was able to pay a more than reasonable price for all 4. The site also included directions about how to take care of the trees which was also very helpful. Navigating through the site was a breeze and checkout was hassle free. When my trees arrived, they were in great condition and looked just as beautiful as they did when we took our trip. I have had no problems with RealPalmTrees.com and will definitely keep them in mind for my next exotic plant purchase.
Positive birdman100
Los Angeles, CA
June 3, 2014
Love this company, ordered 2 palm trees for what I saw as being a great price, the trees came in great condition and they're thriving in my back yard, considering ordering some more soon! They offer great discounts on multiple orders, I saved something like 10% by ordering 2, but order 10 and it's 50%!
Positive aurapaura
London
United Kingdom
June 1, 2014
A small palm tree that sits in the entryway of the house is a very nice decoration. http://Www.realpalmtrees.com provides with a variety of discounts and has affordable prices. Their large selection of palm tree and others is amazing and gives opportunity of choice.
Very professional communication and quick response. I requested pictures before purchasing products and received them immediately. I am a very satisfied customer and would definitely recommend them to anyone.
Positive trustintruth
Tecumseh, MI
May 30, 2014
A couple months ago I was searching for a website where I could purchase a small palm tree that I could sit in the entryway of my house. That is when I stumbled upon The Palm Tree Store. I was stunned by the amount of palm trees they had to offer, but was happy that I would have a lot of options to chose from. No other online store I found had the type of selection that they had. I settled on a two foot tall Acreca Palm tree, and am very happy with the purchase. It was discounted to $39.95 when I bought it, which is a great deal considering it was originally priced at $89.95. I am also very pleased with how fast my tree arrived, and in how good of condition it was in when it did. I did not have to deal at all with the customer service, but overall I was very pleased with my experience with them. I would definitely recommend The Palm Tree Store to anyone who is looking to purchase a palm tree for their home.
Negative stal533
Grovetown, GA
May 21, 2014
I placed an order on the 1st and 2nd May 2014. Trying to get a person to talk to has proven to be difficult and e-mails go unanswered. When I did get someone on the line, I was told my order will ship in 24 hours. I was told this on three different occasions. I have still yet to receive my orders. They create or request a UPS label but do not ship the order. I have contacted FL Governor's office as well as other agencies to include my bank to get my money back. I will never again use this company. If you do use them, use Pay Pal to pay for the order.
Negative Thescann
Eastlake, OH
May 19, 2014
Placed an order for an acai palm. Received shipping notice next day but the item didn't actually ship for weeks. I had to call and inquire about when it would actually ship. I also asked them to let me know when it really did ship, which they did not. My real complaint is that they sent this delicate, ultra tropical palm over the weekend and at the slowest speed mail. It took 6 days to arrive, although it was delayed one day. They palm didn't have a chance. It arrived weak and shocked and continued to decline it my 15,000 sq ft conservatory under part shade. I've ordered thousands worth of plants from Florida mail order this year and this was the slowest to be shipped, with the longest shipping time. I contacted the company, but have not received a response.
Neutral angie_marie7
Ankeny, IA
May 14, 2014
Right now they get a Neutral because 5 days ago I purchased a Palm Tree via this website for my Dad's birthday. They have a house in Florida so I thought this would be perfect for his birthday. So, I purchased this via the internet on RealPalmTrees.com I got to the checkout page and submitted my payement, shipping and went thru the whole process. Now that 5 days have passed I still have zero e mail confirmation. No way of knowing when my order will arrive or anything regarding my order.
So, I have called them at BOTH at 888-778-2476 and at that number I get a voicemail box that is full I cannot leave a message!

Additionally, I have called them at 877-257-4778 and that goes directly to a hooked up fax machine.

So, I have checked my credit card statements and they have for sure processed my payment. However, this is extremely alarming because when it went thru on my credit card statement it says "DEBIT PURCHASE NUVO STAR 855-762-8258 FL" So, I called that number and THEY ARE A COLLEGE. A COLLEGE OUT OF COLORADO!!!!!
SO, at this point I am extremely mad unless I get some type of feed back so I finally found davesgarden and hopefully I can get someone, ANYONE to help me!!!

They have my money now I need to know the status of my order!! If this is a scam I need to declare that to my credit card company ASAP!!!!!!!

Positive Pandanus
Ossining, NY
April 10, 2014
Although Real Palm Trees has had some communication issues since moving to their new facility they have always made good on their promises to send me steeply discounted palm trees as a thank you for my buisness with them. Their large selection of palm tree and other non-palm species is extensive and reasonably priced.
Negative NorthSC
North, SC (Zone 8a)
April 9, 2014
Posted on July 23, 2013, updated April 9, 2014
Purchased a 4 footer Bismarckia nobilis from RealPalmTrees.com and it was shipped to me and arrived in perfect shape as it seemed, but no matter how well I took care of it, it dried up and died within weeks. So, after some negotiations and waiting, I paid the shipping charge again and they shipped me a replacement, which seemed fine as well, but after planting it in the ground (very carefully, not disturbing a single root) and watering appropriately and applying root growth stimulator all as per their instructions, it started drying as well and several months later after turning all brown and dry it's spear finally pulled out = dead. Almost $300 wasted. I believe what they do is they severe the roots after growing them in the ground and place these palms in quite small pots for shipping and these palms never like their roots disturbed even a bit, so they die. I'm also growing these from seed and they got no problems growing here. I believe they sent me both palms with extremely disturbed roots and those palms had no chance to survive... If RealPalmTrees.com reads this post I hope they contact me and send me yet another Bismarckia nobilis that is carefully handled and with roots undisturbed.
On April 9th, 2014, NorthSC changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

Hard, very very hard to have them follow up or respond to the email and to keep the promise. This spring 2014 I wanted to buy 43000 worth of palm trees from them and inquired them to send me photos of the palms before I order the palms. They responded to give them a moment and they will email me the photos same day. Not a chance. Almost a month and a few emails later, nothing, no photos no response, no sale, It's OK! I will buy elsewhere! Never buy from these people again! My mistake to ever lower myself to bother contacting these idiots! I am now growing all my palms from seed and never buying from "professional" "nurseries". Never ever again I will buy from a dealer. I will always grow my own! Save money and save the frustration! Stay away from "real " palm trees. Not recommended. They are a joke.
Negative smithgn
Irmo, SC
February 19, 2014
I placed an order with Real Palm Trees in late December of last year. I still have yet to receive the seeds that I ordered. As with many other of the negative feedbacks, I placed many e-mails and phone calls. Some of the e-mails were answered and seemed sincere, but when I responded back to further inquiry there was no answer, particularly from one person that works there named Jeff. At one point, they said they had to repackage my order because the seeds they provided were not of good quality. Then, they said that their telephone lines were down (for a week?!). I finally got through to a nice lady and she packaged and labeled my seeds for shipment starting on the 10th of February. I'm actually calling now to find out why they haven't been shipped out yet, as it has yet to reach a UPS facility. Typical. This company seems to be hit or miss from the reviews I'm reading. On the website, they get you with all the nice pictures, photographs and claim customer service and quality as a top priority. So far for me, it has miserably failed in that department. I will never place an order with Real Palm Trees ever again. Be weary, if you do and stay on them every day after you place the order.
Positive JENCAMINO
Miami, FL
January 14, 2014
i had a great buy with them. and i was very pleased with my plants, and palms, and as well some indoor trees, i purchased. i got everything deliver on time very good customer service. i called in and they answer every one of my questions, and there is nothing like good quality, and they have it. so i will be getting more plants in the near fututre, happy happy client!
Negative stanr
Mannville
Canada
January 14, 2014
I ordered palm trees. And paid over $750 for two trees. 2 months after placing the order I contacted them as I still had not recieved them. They said that there was a problem with shipping and they were going to resend them. They never did and I have been contacting them for over 6 months and they do not respond to emails or call back when I leave them a phone message. If they do answer they tell me that I need to talk to JOE and they just keep me on hold but no one ever answers. The one time I did talk to someone they said that they were going to refund my money and said that they had refunded my money but gave me a fake confirmation number. And never refunded my money.
Positive Kristin_R
Naperville, IL
November 20, 2013
I live in the Chicago area and have always loved palm trees but never knew that they could survive a climate like we have up here in Illinois. I did my research and learned that with propper care palms can live happily even farther north than here. I have heard good things about RealPalmTrees.com so I thought I would give them a try. I thought it was great to be able to order and buy real palm trees online and have them delivered. I ended up deciding to order two windmill palms since they can stand up to colder weather. I was a little nervous about it but things have gone really well so far! This will be the second winter I will have them for and they are good and ready! I keep them warm and protected and have not had any problems. With the experience I've had with this company their customer support has been excellent! My palm trees got to me sooner than expected and they were in great condition and absolutely beautiful!! I would recommend using Real Palm Trees if you have not already. You will not be disappointed!!
Positive gregcreates
Marietta, GA
September 24, 2013
For the last five years I have been living in the South American country of Peru where palm trees are literally everywhere. To me that is wonderful as I have been a big fan since the first time I went to Disney World for the first time as a kid in the 1970s. Anyway, when I was told by a friend of mine here in Atlanta that I could not only have palm trees if I wanted but I can also order them online I was thrilled. (I was skeptical, but thrilled. I mean, how do you ship a palm tree?!) Anyway,I contacted Real Palm Trees and was told that, indeed, they could ship palm trees to me in the Atlanta metro area and that they also had a huge variety. I ended up getting several Canary Island Date Palm Trees, which are medium-sized, and had them delivered to me a few weeks back. They are absolutely beautiful, look wonderful on our enclosed back porch and truly have added a touch of South America to my Marietta home. I'm very pleased with the way everything was handled and of course the simply spectacular palm trees that they sent. Highly recommended.
Positive LocoDice
Cocoa Beach, FL
September 24, 2013
I have been in search of the perfect Areca Palm tree forever! I work at a real estate company and have my own office in which I take pride in. I really wanted to have a natural growing plant and decided to go with the Areca. I purchased an Areca a while back from a phony site called tyty and long and behold my Areca Palm arrived dead. Horrible service, but none the less I was looking still for an Areca. A friend of mine had told me about RealPalmTrees that they were excellent and so I decided to give them a shot. I ordered over the phone and felt very comfortable with ordering from them. The customer service associate (Anthony, I believe his name was) helped me step by step and assured me I was not going to have the same experience as tyty. The Areca was a little more expensive than tyty, but I rather pay a little more and receive a good tree than pay less and not get a tree what so ever. Once I received the tree I was so excited to see that it was in one peace and BEAUTIFUL! I have put it in my office and when new clients come in they are always complementing me on my nice looking tree! Its been a tough journey, but totally worth it at the end!
Positive blancheF
Tabernash, CO
September 23, 2013
At first Iím afraid to purchase a large palm tree online. Iím so in-love with Caranday Palm Tree and after searching for different online store (since I canít find any local store selling it), I was brought to 5 different sites that sells a magnificent Caranday Palm Tree. I have chosen to order in Real Palm Trees after seeing good reviews plus the fact they have it for the cheapest price I can buy. It ordered it and the responses guaranteed me good results and so it was. My Caranday Palm tree was delivered to me in my expected time, flawless and its beauty is so enchanting. Thanks to Real Palm Tree, now I have this palm tree I dreamed to have. I will order more in the future because I was so amazed with their high-quality products and on-time delivery and response.

Positive efpierce
Grand Rapids, MI
July 29, 2013
I have to start this by saying that I can't grow anything, not even a small houseplant will survive my not-so-green thumb. But the plant I ordered over a year ago has remained healthy and even thrived under my care. I know now that it wasn't me, it was where I was buying my plants. I am sticking with Dave's from now one!
Positive mudguts
Toronto
Canada
July 23, 2013
I was super excited with the tree that we received. At first, I didn't even think that such a service to deliver a palm tree was available. It's such a niche market. But after looking for literally 'months' to find one, we came across this site and it was so easy. The tree shipped fast, it's still alive which blows my mind and it's absolutely gorgeous.

I'd highly recommend these guys to anyone looking to change up their decor.
Positive PatrickDawson
Beverly Hills, CA
July 23, 2013
So, I'm not sure if anybody has been in my situation, but I am a film producer in Los Angeles, CA. My lovely wife and I like to pick projects for ourselves to accomplish every summer. Even though she knows my busy schedule, she decided to challenge me by asking me to landscape our entire estate with palm trees and other exotic botanical beasts.

Snapple Fun Fact: I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT LANDSCAPING!!!

So, after searching on google and calling almost 20 people that in NO WAY eased my anxiety, I got in touch with Real Palm Trees, and FINALLY, my prayers were answered!

The Real Palm Trees team understood me when I explained that everything they were suggesting sounded like Hebrew to me. Not only were they able to explain the process to me in lamens terms, they also (without any sort of deposit or commitment) sent me pictures and ideas via email, and did so very quickly.

I will not ever work with, nor will I refer anyone I know to any other company than Real Palm Trees. I wish I could upload pictures.

The one unexpected result that I think anybody could complain about, is the fact that they did so well designing, providing, and installing my estate, that not only has my beautiful bride put me in charge of all of our estate's external aesthetics, my house has become the number one venue when any of my friends/relatives want to have a shindig.

I have already purchased a few items from their garden e-store, and look forward to continuing my place of dominance in visual art in my community.

If Real Palm Trees ever gets to read this, thank you so much, and I can't wait until the Everlast Sphere Planters and Tiki Torches I ordered from the Garden Center to arrive!!!

Keep adding products so I can keep buying them!!!
Negative wagmaneh
Feather Sound, FL
July 23, 2013
I would love to give a thorough review of the plant my girlfriend has badly wanted and I ordered for her birthday, but after being assured through MULTIPLE emails that it would be delivered on her special day, it didn't show up. I took off work to be here to get it and plant it properly for her but it was all for naught. And they would have never even told me or emailed me that there was a delay if I hadn't called them to get an update. I was assured an email to track the shipment - which I have still not received - and naturally that never showed up. What makes this particularly disappointing is that I emailed with "customer service" - oxymoron - multiple times so I could get a guarantee of the delivery date. What a disappointment and if you're reading this I would suggest you avoid this from happening to you.
Positive Toby82
Long Beach, CA
July 12, 2013
I just had my first home built and I wanted to do something with my front yard that would not only look good, but also add value to the property in case I ever wanted to sell it in the future.

I ordered 10 small, beaked yukka palm trees from these guys so I could plant 5 along each side of my driveway. They look nice and healthy so far and I'm sure they are going to look fantastic as they grow over the years.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company to anyone who is looking for quality palms.
Positive JaseL
Golden Beach, FL
July 11, 2013
I recently bought 4 Bird of Paradise palm trees and 2 King palm trees from this company as a surprise for my wife. We had a swimming pool installed a few months ago and she said she wanted to give it a tropical feel. The palm trees arrived in perfect condition and I managed to have them planted while my wife was at work. It's not often she is lost for words but she was absolutely speechless! They have added such a great atmosphere to our pool area and all of our friends comment when they come to visit our home.
Positive Ronnyl154
EAST AMHERST, NY
July 10, 2013
My aunt loves to collect plants and her big garden really looks enchanting with variety of plants particularly palm trees on it. Instead of giving her a palm tree, I decided to give her a dozen packs of palm seeds of different kinds which I bought from Real Palm Trees. I was amazed with their cheap prices so I really hoped that the seeds will grow as high quality palm trees are. I encountered no problem during shipment so I gave the seeds immediately to my aunt as a present. After a month, my aunt notified me that she was able to grow the seeds and she can identify that those seeds came from palm trees with good quality.
Positive Grinna
Beverly, MA
July 10, 2013
I ordered the Baileyís Copernica Palm Tree from this company for my garden. I was so happy because I received it without delay. Their packaging didnít mess the leaves of my plant after shipment and I was so impresses about it. The palm tree is so pretty and looks even better than what are shown in the pictures. It was so healthy and I was worried if I can maintain its appearance so I contacted the support for some additional information about caring this plant and they answered me enthusiastically. I therefore recommended them to my friends who might want to buy palm trees. Their service indeed satisfied me.
Positive nizquierdo07
Hialeah, FL
July 8, 2013
I recently started looking around for an array of plants that would add some much needed "ummmf" to my curb appeal. I wasn't particular about my choices until I began to research different types of palms and to my convenience the first site that surfaced in my google search engine was this company Real Palm Trees.

I was pleasantly surprised with all the various selections they offer. I could have a slice of each country in my front lawn had I opted for that choice. Being that I have always had an eclectic taste in just about all areas of home and personal design without hesitation purchased 2 Ponytail Palms.

I was not familiar with many of the plant species and their specific needs as far as maintenance and the environmental changes my tree would face...so with the little knowledge I acquired during my research I decided to call Real Palm Trees with the quickness. I had enough questions to fill a state exam but with each question came a well executed and helpful response.

I spoke with several customer service reps while I anticipated my ponytails and not once was I left in the dark. It is rare to come across companies that still value customer service being that our culture is comprised of electronic or automated voice machines and not every purchasing experiencing is personal. On top of the great service they packaged my sweet trees as if it was made of thin glass.

Needless to say the ponytails look absolutely gorgeous and just today I purchased a bonsai from their sister site. Another superb addition to my home. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking for a one stop shop on all plant types, not just palms.
Positive MelodyMG
Las Vegas, NV
July 8, 2013
Saw this Australian Fan Palm tree on a nature website somewhere. I just had to have it to pretty up a bare spot in my parlor! I would be perfect to fill that bare corner behind my flowered love seats. But where could I find it? Someone pointed me to this company and there it was in their catalog.
Before I finished my order I looked around the site and found enriched soil, fertilizer, and gardening tools as well. They have great care product line.
The cute little thing came shipped with my choice of pot., I chose the red Lechuza Quadro Planter. My beautiful palm arrived in just a couple of days and with instructions, and with a welcome care kit too.

I was so happy with it I bought a gift card for my sister so she can ďpalmĒ up her parlor too. I just might get another one just to stay one palm ahead of her. You know you get a discount if you buy more one at a time? Iím just a happy camper sitting in my parlor love seat next to my new beautiful palm. And very grateful for Real Palm Trees .com.
Negative gecko26
East Patchogue, NY
July 3, 2013
There aren't enough characters to explain all the trouble I have had and my friend has had with this company. My friend purchased a gift cert for me for my bday and the problems started there and continued for the next 2 months. They do not call you back. They do not always respond to emails. They make promises and do not keep them and I don't know how healthy the tree they sent me is. I've NEVER worked with a company so unprofessional before. I can't imagine how they're still in business. I've had issue after issue with them and they do not care. My next step is the BBB. I would be very cautious in dealing so these people. They're TERRIBLE! I'm sick over my experience with them.
Negative cal3100
Springfield, IL
June 27, 2013
Placed an order for a small plant on 6/10. Received an e-mail on 6/13 that package had been shipped. I constantly tracked package and there was no movement for nearly a week. 6/18 E-mailed company for status on package. After receiving NO response on 6/19 E-mailed company again to complain about poor customer service and to let them know I noticed that the plant was FINALLY on its way.
Package was finally received 6/24, 2 weeks to the day after paying $30 to ship a $60 plant. Plant was received in OK condition, but not great packaging for the price you pay. It has now been 9 days since my first attempt to contact them and 7 days since the second. Needless to say I feel as though this companyís services is TERRIBLE. I will not order from them again nor would I ever think about recommending them. I will tell people to find an alternative source of purchasing instead of using them.

Horrible service, sub standard shipping and handling, OK product. I would grade Real Palm Trees a D-.
Only order if you have NO other alternatives!
Positive CanadaGardener
Niagara Falls, NY
January 28, 2013
Used my paypal account to purchase some indoor plants and I was worried about the shipping process since I live in Canada but work in Upstate NY and about them freezing on the way here. The palms arrived in great condition and they wrapped it up with several pieces of cloth and burlapped. I was impressed by the manner of packaging and could tell they took their time. It came with everything I needed and had no problems. I spoke with a Mario on the phone after recieving my palm trees and he was insightful. I believe in Karma and so thats why I wrote this comment.
Positive progardendr
Cincinnati, OH
July 22, 2011
I don't normally post comments, but with this co, I had too; great overall experience. Went online last year and purchased 2 windmill palms and 2 chusan palms for outdoors; cold hardy. This year I purchased a Kentia palm, a Bamboo palm, and a Lady Palm for indoors. The Indoor palms arrived four days ago, and were all full of foliage. The bamboo looks better in person, than the picture they have online. They say the palms are shade grown, so hopefully the will do well indoors. As for the cold hardy ones from last year, they all survived Cincinnati weather; freezing temps and grey skies! They are all doing great! Unbelievable! I have to give them two thumbs up! Awesome job.
Positive LaurenMiller180
El Paso, TX
May 25, 2011
My husband bought some medjool date palms because they are cold hardy for our home and they were beautiful, but very large. We were not expecting them to be so heavy. We had to rent something called a backhoe to help us move it into the hole. The backhoe also picked up the dirt much easier then having some laborers do it. We bought a total of four large medjools and two canary date palms for the front. It took about two days of work and we are very pleased with the overall appearance.

So pros:
large palm trees
beautiful palm trees
inexpensive for the size

So Cons:
large palm tree
backhoe needed to install

So overall:
Would I buy again, yes. Would I be better informed before I buy, yes. Would I be better prepared, yes. Do I need any more palms, no.
Positive HappyBrit
Houston, TX
March 12, 2011
Hello everyone, I recieved my palm trees via UPS and it took about 4 days to recieve them. This would have been a positive experience except that the instructions given for the two palms I got were not as clear as I wanted them to be. I had to do some research in planting them into the ground. The palms came with fertilizer and some root fertilizer. Overall the palms look good.
Positive jakedmanny
Homestead, FL
March 27, 2010
Explain my experience. Well to start off, my over all experience was very easy. I always got someone on the phone when I called. They were very informative with their information about each palm tree I was interested in.

I did go ahead with the and purchased 8 Medjool Date Palms. 2 more and I could have gotten free shipping but I didn't need 10. Never the less the process was easy. I received photos of all the Medjool Date Palms before purchasing and when I did purchases I received them in less than a week. I couldn't have ask for a more happy experience. The price for the date palms was way cheaper than what my local nursery was offering. Even my landscaper was surprised at the price I got for them. RealPalmTrees I give two thumbs up.

They are now planted and we have gotten people come up to us and praise our landscape. I am very Happy with their service. Thank You
Negative slave041379
Santa Clarita, CA
September 10, 2009
I purchased 2 phoenix sylvester palm trees (5ft) from realpalmtrees.com. The ordering was easy, but at times the site does slow way down. Ultimately I bought the palms from them b/c I couldn't find any sylvesters in California (and they actually ship here, where many others don't ship here).

So the reason this review isn't positive is that when I received the palms they were dried out and both were partially dead (I brought them around as soon as they were delivered, so don't think that they dried out on my porch). I watered them immediately and put them in a shaded area until I could get them planted (later that same day). After planting I really thought that I'd definitely lose the 1 that was the most dead. I had never mail ordered palms before so I figured this was the most logical course of action, to give the palms a chance to recover.

I decided to look at realpalmtrees.com to review the return policy and it wasn't very friendly. I believe you were to call them in an unreasonable amount of time and you have to pay to ship back the dead palm. When I read this I was already on the cusp of the return cut-off. Nevermind that you have to destroy the box to get the palm out of it (getting popcorn all over my yard), therefore you have to not only be inconvenienced shipping a dead tree back, but you have to pay to ship it, and pay for a new box! How's about I send a picture of the dead palm and you send me another?

I was going to review this site neutral, but after reviewing the ordeal I really think they deserve a negative. To conclude: The palm that was less damaged actually recovered after I cleaned up all the dead leaves and the totally dead branches. I had to cut the other tree down to hardly anything (I definitely thought I was going to lose it) and the tree made it, but it really bothers me that I paid premium prices for a 5 ft tree that I had to cut down to hardly anything (putting it's growth considerably behind the other tree's growth). I considered the neutral rating b/c the trees ultimately made it, but decided negative b/c of how bad things were when I received them.

I mean buyer beware, take your chances b/c others have rated this site highly, however, I would search locally first before you buy from them, and only go to them if you can't find it locally. They do have a very large selection of trees, they sent food with the plants (which I liked), and certificates of authenticity (for what that's worth).
Positive Infinate88
New York, NY
April 1, 2009
I received the lipstick palm and its doing well. The box was well constructed and the plant made it well, surprisingly. I know, I know the lipstick palm is temperamental, but I plan to put it inside during the night and I have a large tank with turtles inside and will place the lipstick palm in there for most of its life. Both the turtles and the lipstick palm love the humidity in the tank. Regarding the site for palm trees, they have great customer service and great palm tree selections. I hope this is enough information, Garden Watchdog says it has to be detailed, hopefully this is detailed enough. : )
Positive jacobluvsgreens
Medina, WA
March 1, 2009
I ordered some palm trees for a home that I had on the market in an exclusive neighborhood, so I was surprised that they were able to deliver them at a reasonable price. I am definitely happy with their service and would use them again.
Positive mayjax
White Sulphur Springs, WV
February 7, 2009
Great selection and good help. Also they have a palm help section which is very useful and thorough.

Got my Bismarck in under a week and it looked good.