The scoop on 'Go Grow Green Nursery'

Go Grow Green Nursery

Antioch, Illinois 60002
(United States)

This company is affiliated with Autumn Ridge Nursery (aka autumnridgenursery.com)

Editor's Comment:
Question Mark As of April 2010, the website is no longer working. If anyone has a status update on Go Grow Green Nursery, please contact the Garden Watchdog editors.

Comments:

Positive jules220
Saint Paul, MN
September 10, 2011
Very Happy with my experience at this store. Package came in within 7 days of my order. Plants are already showing great growth in my backyard. From what I heard this company is under new management as of this year. I will order from this company again.
Positive mickelson_t
New Orleans, LA
July 23, 2011
Please with my experience with this company. I talked to the customer service and put my order in through there. The trees and bulbs came in in perfect condition. Very Please and will do business with these folks again. I was a little worried after i put the order in and seent his web page. They have confirmed with me that they are under new ownership.
Positive tracy_l
Hudson
United States
February 12, 2011
I have bought a few fruit trees from this company. So excited to get the product. Arrived on time with perfect packaging. I would for sure recommend anyone looking to make there backyards beautiful to go to Go Grow Green Nursery.
Negative Copernicus
Lexington, TN
January 10, 2011
DO NOT USE THESE FOLKS. Had bad experience with them and I dont want them to survive as a business.
Negative tammymarieb
York Springs, PA
April 14, 2010
In April 2009 I ordered a rose. After many emails that Grow Green never responded to and 2 months, the rose arrived... it was dead...not dormant. After many emails about a replacement, I finally got authorization to return it for a replacement. I returned the dead plant, never got a replacement. I kept emailing about a date the replacement would ship. Was finally told between Jan & May of 2010.
I immediately contacted my credit card co to dispute the transaction. They told me they couldn't do anything since a replacement was coming (albeit in a year).
Now it appears that Grow Green is out of business. It's only $30 but this guy should be in jail. And I've cancelled my credit card with HSBC since they were such idiots about it.
Negative rick4965
Loganville, GA
April 13, 2010
Wish I had known about Dave's Garden last year. I ordered a Whiskey Mac rose on 9-23-09, $24.47 total. It is now April 13, 2010 and still no rose! It's not that much money but boy does it tick me off!!!

Neutral drgreenthumb1
Lombard, IL
December 8, 2009
i order from go grow green all the time and get friendly service and quality products.i wonder about people trying to plant something thats dormant in the winter.

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors...

It is the policy of the Watchdog that companies cannot create multiple usernames and post feedback for themselves. The rating for this comment has been changed from positive to neutral so that it would not affect the overall rating given by customers.
Neutral flowerlover123
Antioch, IL
December 8, 2009
i ordered some perennials for gogrowgreen and they were shipped within 2 weeks.they look beautiful now.theese plants are shipped dormant and if you really know about planting you would know it takes a month or two for them to take root and grow like a normal plant.i had a great experiance with them and recommend them.

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors...

Negative treesfordad
Niwot, CO
December 8, 2009
Ryan said they carried Fat Alberts, he took my order, took my money, and the trees never arrived. Repeated phone calls and emails were never returned and the trees never arrived. I was told, when I could reach him, that they were being shipped on Friday, then next week, then no response at all and still no trees, no refund, and out the money. He is a scam artist and needs to be shut down! Apparently I needed to see this website first... can we blast this information to save others from the same ripoff we have all experienced?
Negative mikem2
Severna Park, MD
December 4, 2009
Placed my order for 2 apple trees on 11/9. Asked for delivery for 11/19. Called 11/20 and found out that trees weren't even shipped yet. Said they would shipped next day. On 12/3, still not trees. Tried calling the last 4 days, 5 calls. Never getting an answer, just an answering machine. Left 4 messages. Also placed 2 emails. Did not get any responses or return calls. Called my credit card company and disputed the charge.

I wouldn't be surprised if gogrow is out of business. I wouldn't do business them. I should have been suspicious when I didn't see a mailing address on their website.
Negative elizaTrees
Waynesburg, PA
November 12, 2009
I ordered two American Holly trees from Go Grow Green in late August. Now it is November 12th. But trees never arrive. I called 847-338-9603. First time, I was told the trees would be sent in another five days. I called them again ten days later, I was told the trees would be sent out the following Monday. Another ten more days, I tried to call the number again, nobody answered the phone. I sent them e-mails but no reply.

Do not order trees from "Go Grow Green," if you don't want to waste your time/season and money.
Positive timrobbins11
Lake Villa, IL
October 28, 2009
Bought some apple trees for my wife and was happy to see the packaging at my house, opened it up and no planting instructions was in the package, checked my email and there it was the day I recieved the item. Trees Gree over 10 inches in 6 months. Would order again. Called nursery prior to ordering and the guy I talked to knew about all the plants I discussed.
Negative cherryguy
San Francisco, CA
September 25, 2009
Last year I ordered a Montmorency sour cherry tree and it arrived, smaller than advertised, with a big crack in the graft. They told me to tape it up and it would heal. I did and the tree died. When I tried to get my money back, they shouted no but to call back in the fall for a replacement. I followed their instructions onl y to be told they would send a replacement if I paid half the cost because too much time had passed. I should have known not to order from them, since they didn't even bother to post pollinizer requirements on their website. What a joke of a company.
Negative rrich1206
Dallas, GA
July 23, 2009
order 2 blue spruce and hedge plants got them 2 week after i order they were dead called gogreen said to plant anyway for a week they was still dead can not get in touch with one since this has been a two months call autumn ridge and they past back to gogreen they are the same nursery please stay away from these two nursery
Negative alcatwize
Hampshire, IL
July 22, 2009
Well, I had a similar experience as others here. I ordered blackberry bushes and when I didn't receive my order I called and was told that those only ship twice a year and the next shipment would be October. Since I didn't feel like waiting five months, I asked for a refund. That's when the fun started. I kept my patience and continuously called. I was surprised that I could usually get Ryan on the phone. I finally got my reimbursement through paypal, so persistence did pay off. Good luck to others.
Negative HeavenLee24
Everett, WA
July 4, 2009
I wish that I had found this site before I placed an order with Go Grow Green.
I ordered a Pink Dogwood Tree on 6/23/09 and got the email confirmation for it.
I wanted to see if they could give me an ETA for my order so I emailed them 3 times (no response) and tried calling twice (both calls went to voicemail for Ryan and there was a message that said this customer was not accepting messages at this time).
I followed up with an email asking that my order be canceled as I wasnt getting a response from these guys; still no response. They charged my credit card on 6/29/09. Nice how they can take the time to charge me but not respond to my emails.
I will be contacting my CC Company and filing a dispute for the charges.
Very disappointing as this order was a gift for my sister in law and I will not be ordering anything from this company in the future.
Negative RazChip
Blanchardville, WI
June 8, 2009
It's has been a couple weeks since I ordered my items. They keep telling me they should arrive in the next day or two. I will stop payment on the charge card, but probably to late.
Negative Ryjake03
Milton, FL
June 4, 2009
I ordered two Royal Empress Trees from this company on April 6, 2009. It has now been two months and still now trees. I call constantly and reach someone named Greg who lies or pretends ignorance. Twice he told me that the trees were on the truck and then doesn't remember our conversation. He keeps blaming Ryan.
Whatever...I know now that I will never receive the trees. Oh yes, they charged my card alright, right away. Please, if you are researching, as I should have, don't do business with these sneaky people.
Positive michelle2001
Scottsdale, AZ
May 18, 2009
Ordered two Roses plants from this company A+ Service.
Negative wswillia
Mesa, AZ
March 18, 2009
Ordered Bonanza peach treees at the end of January. They were supposed to ship first week of March. I have attempted to contact the company by email and have left multiple phone messages that have not been answered. I paid via Paypal and they haven't been helpful thus far. I'm in the process of elevating the claim. Does anyone know if I contact my local BBB or the BBB in Illinois?
Negative 759lady04
Lufkin, TX
February 16, 2009
I ordered a rose bush and have heard nothing. I have called. No one will return my call....and still no rose bush. I wish that I had seen all of these bad reviews before I spent my money. Very sad....
Negative daedelus902
Charlotte, NC (Zone 7b)
January 19, 2009
Remarkably, I fell for this company once again. This company is DBA, (Doing Business As), "Go Grow Green" but it is actually "Autumn Ridge Nursery" once again. I ordered 6 Bing cherries, 6 Methley plums, and got dwarf scrum peaches and pear roostock (???). Please, if you are able to read this before placing your order...order from a KNOWN-TO-BE-REPUTABLE nursery. I have Stark Bros, One Green World, Raintree, Edible Landscaping, Norse, etc. to be OK. That this company is permitted to commit mail fraud and has been able to slime their way into more business by hiding their bad name is a testament to the lawlessness good citizen suffer in this country. I'm ashamed of lawyers and judges and DA's WHO WILL NOT DO ANYTHING to right the injustice when when there are good laws already are ON THE BOOKS. Shame on the legal system and shame on this company!!!
Negative batiste
Silver City, IA
December 3, 2008
I never received my order. A few days after I had placed the online/credit card order I received a call from a man identifying himself as a Go Grow Green staffer. He told me that the shipment had been returned to the company because the only address they had for me was a post office box number. I gave him my street address and he said the shipment would be sent again. It never arrived. After waiting several more days I checked their website again and noticed this time that they listed no physical address, only a telephone number. And looking more closely at my order receipt I found that my own street address was in fact listed. At that point I contacted Visa and started the procedure required to get my money back, and my card has now been credited with the original purchase amount. Would I do business with Go Grow Green again? No. Would I caution others about doing business with them? Absolutely.
Negative junenaspa
Morehead, KY
November 14, 2008
Any affilation with any company associated with Autumn Ridge Nursery is bad news. If you have problems, and have paid by credit card (the best way with this company) PLEASE notify your credit card company at once, as you can usually get your money refunded. I had trouble with Autumn Ridge with trees not living, not being labled, roses that were dead upon arrival, and I finally got in touch with, not only my ATTY GEN, but both the ATTY GEN of TN, and the BBB of KY and TN. It was not long before I had a letter from the so called Melinda with an appology and stating the same old things that they had new people, etc. and ARN would issue me a refund to my credit card less S & H. Also there was a bully named Landon, that I talked to and I just told him I would handle it in my own way and I did. Dave's Web site has been a blessing to me and I sure wish I had seen this before I had ordered from the catalog from Autumn Ridge or its "BY-PRODUCTS COMPANIES'. Good luck in getting your money back.