The scoop on 'Blossoms, Birds and Butterflies'

Blossoms, Birds and Butterflies

1148 Meadow lane
Lexington, North Carolina 27292 (United States)

Comments:

Neutral onewaitz
New Haven County, CT (Zone 6b)
November 17, 2011
I have had 3 transactions with this seller on Ebay. One was VERY good; one was terrible and this most recent one was sadly disappointing. As a result of my total experience, I will not be shopping with this seller again. In particular, I would like to point out that her packaging skills definitely need improvement. You cannot tape tender plant leaves to the pot and/or to each other and not expect them to be damaged. Nor can you pack two tender plants in nothing but cotton batting and not expect them to tumble around in the box and crush and break each other. Her communication skills could also use some work as they are not up to the level I am used to with the many trusted sellers I've been a happy customer with on Ebay. I sincerely hope she will work on these things and that this feedback will help her to become a better seller.
Negative Seaecho
Phelan, CA (Zone 8b)
October 9, 2011
Posted on September 25, 2011, updated October 9, 2011
I won a Sinningia Tauras and S. Amizade from this company (ebay listings) and received two plants that looked good when I opened the box. However, I quickly discovered the Amizade had NO ROOTS at all. The top of the plant was fine. But the plant literally FELL out of its pot when I lifted it out of the box! I contacted the seller about the lack of roots, and she said it had a "bulb" and would grow roots from it. And that she'd set aside another one in case my plant didn't do well. Well, within days, the plant wilted and keeled over. It was dead in 4-5 days, despite being domed and kept humid. The Tauras started to decline in the same time frame, and it also died.

Seller now would not respond to my emails, so I opened a case with ebay. Seller told me thru ebay that I must send the dead plants back to her before I'd get a refund. By this time, I had discarded the plants, so there was nothing I could do to get a refund, even though I offered to send her a picture of the plants shortly before they died. You would think a seller would just reimburse me or offer to send new plants. But she obviously was not concerned about her reputation. I will not ever buy from this seller again, and would never recommend her to my many plant loving friends. Beware!
On October 9th, 2011, Seaecho added the following:

I have since filed a case with ebay, and they ruled in my favor almost immediately, and I received a full refund. I'm very happy I did decide to file the case, and will definitely never do business with this seller again. In the end, justice prevailed!
Company representative comment on September 26, 2011:
On Sep 26, 2011 8:14 PM, Blossoms, Birds and Butterflies responded with:

A plant each was set aside, but asked the buyer to give them a chance first, exspeacilly taurus, since Sinninga can go dormant. I asked him to give them a chance and that I would reship if needed. The plants, exspeacilly Taurus should have been fine, if the plant would have had the time to resprout. It can take up to a month if they dormant. The buyer tossed them to soon. I gave the benefit of doubt and had sheduled to reship free of charge, when negative feedback was left. never had a chance to make it right. Since I believe the plant taurus was dormant and was thrown away to soon, I feel like I don't owe him a refund. I always want happy customers, but like for them to be patient as well and not leave negative feedback

Positive sonofpete
Lexington, NC
April 7, 2011
Of course my hometown garden center gets four Stars!
Positive ChuLin
Stevens Point, WI
September 13, 2009
I received 6 violets (and one free violet) from BBB (Ebay) on the 11th and all were in good condition except for one had many broken leaves, but I have hopes that it will make it with what's left. The packing was very good and the shipping was quick. They were smaller than I thought they would be, but I really didn't know what to expect as I had never ordered from her before.
Positive Creekwood
Hondo, TX
February 18, 2009
I ordered from Karin for the first time in January '09. I sent her a "wish list" first because I wanted plants and not just leaves. She was very good about answering my e-mail messages. My order arrived in a timely manner even though I live a long way from her and the weather was being unusually unpredictable. She had packed it well and although a couple of the smaller plants were a little worse for wear from the heat pack included they are doing okay two weeks later. She has a very nice selection of plants, some that are very hard to come by. There was one mix up in labeling but we worked together to make sure that the plant was actually what I had ordered. I had also ordered two sets of leaves along with my plant order and they were very nice too. She included one gift plant and two sets of gift leaves in my order.
I will definitely order from her again - in fact we are already in communication about my next order!

Positive divvajacko
Hinckley, OH (Zone 6a)
January 11, 2009
Karin Dean works hard to make things right. I have several of her African Violets (and have more on order) and I've been very pleased. I am a repeat customer.

Patti Jacko
Parmatown AV Club member
Ohio State AV Society member
African Violet Society of America member
Positive Nan
SW, WI (Zone 4b)
September 16, 2008
Have made several purchases from Karin...small pots but always ready to move up a size, and bursting with good health. VERY reasonable prices and shipping rates. Excellent communication, as well. I highly recommend!