The scoop on 'D'Asign Source Botanicals'

D'Asign Source Botanicals

3221 D Road
Loxahatchee, Florida 33470 (United States)

Phone: 561-333-6889
Fax: 561-333-4759

Comments:

Positive olddude
Big Pine Key, FL (Zone 11)
June 19, 2011
I stopped at this nursery on a trip from Orlando to my home in the Keys. All the people I met there were very knowledgeable. Elizabeth was very heplful and found all the anthuriums I was looking for. We loaded up my truck and I was on my way.
Of course there was one anthurium I looked at but didn't buy and I regreted that as I was traveling. I emailed Elizabeth a few days later and had her ship the plant to me. I was amazed at the speed of her response and was extremely pleased with the packing and quality of the plant I recieved.
This nursery is great.
Positive PATPHISH
West Palm Beach, FL
December 10, 2008
I have been building a rain forest at my new house for about 6 months. I have been searching for a solitary fishtail palm to use as the centerpiece for my project. I have been to at least 30 nurseries from Homestead to Loxahatchee. I have met many good people, most with a ton of knowledge (not always correct, but always well intentioned) and a few tempermental people as well.
Anyway, my search for the correct Caryota, whether a No, Urens, Maxima or Gigas had basically been a wild goose chase. I was getting different advice all over the place. I emailed Ray at D'Asign to see if they had any in stock, and also to see if he was just trying to make a sale or actually help me make the correct decision. He invited me out (told me to make sure I had a few hours) and yesterday I went.
He took me on the usual golf cart ride, however after about 30 seconds he stopped the cart and spoke for about 5 minutes about how he was going to say things on our trip that may actually offend me, but to keep an open mind. I can honestly say this guy knows more than anyone I have ever seen. I wasn't impressed, I was absolutely blown away. He knew the Latin name
of every single plant we passed. Where it came from, who its relatives were, sun/shade, water, max height, cold sensitivity, and on and on. I know a lot about palms but played dumb, it didn't matter. The guy knew everything. He didn't try to sell me anything. Never even mentioned a price. I am happy to report I bought a Caryota Obtuse, it used to be called Gigas, but the name has been changed recently. (he told me that and I believe him). I also bought a ginger and a rare Heliconia. I spent less than $100 and was treated like I was the only customer they ever had. The only down side I can see is that they are closed on Saturdays. I will never buy another palm from any where but D'Asign, my experience was that good. If you live in the area, it is worth the drive, ask for Ray and tell him Caryota Pat sent you.