The scoop on 'Purely Poultry'

Purely Poultry

Fremont, Wisconsin 54940 (United States)

Phone: 920-472-4068

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Negative Montanajp
Libby, MT
October 7, 2014
First time ordering chicks through the mail...Not a good experience at all, initially made order for 15 chicks multiple types. This was changed multiple times which I get its hard to have an assortment hatch at same time. Then when my order of (15 chicks) arrived all it had in box was quantity of 12 chicks and one of the 12 was already dead and another appeared to be on its last leg and died the next day now leaving my total order at 10 chicks of primarily a chicken I wasn't too excited to get in the first place and have now had another chick die today tuesday now leaving me with 9 chicks...The label inside the box was labeled for 16 chicks and marked by hand but only received 12 one dead on arrival and lost 2 since then...Was only rebated for what I didn't receive and the dead chick....How can you change multiple times and then ship an order short, no regards to customers plans..what a disaster!
Negative chickenmansam
Charlotte, NC
January 24, 2014
They seem nice enough. However, they are not a hatchery, breeding farm, nor do they as a business have chickens at all. When i asked about this on Facebook my post was deleted. When I called i could not get a straight answer. I am very disappointed that people would flip animals/livestock for a quick buck. After research, It is my understanding they dropship all of their sales, get the wholesale discounts from ideal poultry and cackle hatchery and mark them up even higher than those suppliers... it maybe the nature of the business, but it just seems dirty to me.So with good conscience i could not order from them nor support them.
Positive Lstein
Gladstone, ND
April 25, 2013
I was a little worried about ordering from this hatchery, just because of the lack of information about them, I came upon them by chance when looking for a company that sold Sebastapol geese in pairs. Decided to give them a shot and I'm glad to say that they pulled through! I recieved my two little babies yesteray morning as notified.

I'm very please with my experience with this company.
Positive Holyhatty
North Branford, CT
October 22, 2011
I really like this hatchery alot. I made a oreder for 5 chicks last year (they gave me 2 extra), and I had not deaths they were all healthy even at 1 year old. Only thing I dislike is that there "rare brown egg layer" chicks, (most breeds) are always sold out, wish they wernt sold out alot.
Positive coffeekittie
Olympia, WA
August 6, 2011
I ordered my first batch of chicks from Purely Poultry and received them back in March of this year. Although the process didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked, the customer service cannot be topped. My original order was for several quite rare and hard to get breeds, and the company could not fulfill the order. They notified me right away that they were having egg production problems, and offered me my money back, no problem. I decided to keep my order and went with several other breeds instead. I spoke directly with the company owner, who listened to what my goals were and recommended several breeds. Now, months later, I am happy with his suggestions, and the young chickens are doing well.
I did have one entire selection die within days of receiving them, and got my money back for them without question. I have to put some of the blame on the time of year - it was very cold (March) for shipping chicks, and I think the one breed was too delicate for their trip. One nice touch - each group of chicks had nutritional gel provided by the hatchery to help them during the shipping. This seems to be standard practice for this company, and it is a boon for the tiny chicks during a very stressful time. I would be comfortable purchasing from this company again.