The scoop on 'Plant World Seeds'

Plant World Seeds

St. Mary Church Rd., Newton Abbott
Devon, TQ12,4SE
(United Kingdom)

Phone: +44 (0)1803 872939
Fax: +44 (0)1803 875018

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive BrookeCantrell
Niangua, MO
June 7, 2017
As a plant lover who has ordered from many different companies, this company has far exceeded my expectations. They offer an amazing selection of unique seeds, great prices, very fast shipping, and EXCELLENT customer service. I live in the U.S in a very small town in Missouri and received my order in 10 days!! I've ordered from companies in the states and it's taken longer! They also offer great advice on the package, the website and, even via email! As far as seed quality....in my opinion THE BEST you can buy! This company will absolutely be my go to company for all my seed purchases! Plants are my passion and this company has definitely renewed it with all the unique seeds! Can't wait for my next order!!
Negative biodiversity
Beverly Hills, CA
April 2, 2017
This company appears to ship seeds globally, which are invasive and harmful outside their native range. Example, garlic mustard:
Many are aware of invasive A. petiolata (Garlic Mustard)'s harmful effects in North America; for those who are not here is one of many examples: Much as the Monarch (Danaus plexippus) relies on Milkweed (Asclepias spp) habitat for survival, the endangered West Virginia Whlte (WVW) butterfly (Pieris virginiensis) relies on native herbaceous Toothworts as its larval host plants. The WVW is more likely to inadvertently lay eggs on invasive garlic mustard leaves than on those of its native toothwort host. P. virginiensis larvae deposited on the leaves of garlic mustard do not survive. Please consider the health of local ecosystems - check that any seed material considered for purchase has not been shown to escape cultivation, and create harmful impacts to native biodiversity, when planted outside its native range. #lovebiodiversity #stopthespread
Company representative comment on May 30, 2017:
On May 30, 2017 3:20 PM, Plant World Seeds responded with:

We sell seeds all over the world as you say - and we can't have hundreds of exemptions for every country. A few countries have specific lists of prohibited items but not everywhere. Garlic mustard is common in a large part of the world and sold as such by many countries.Surely it is the the responsibility of the gardener in a particular country to check?

If you applied for an USDA permit to import these seeds you would see that they would not be permitted, but a similar customer in France (for example) would have no problem.

Positive Josephine_SC
Clemson, SC
January 27, 2017
Seeds you never dreamed of. I live within sight of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Ironically, the UK based company was where I discovered Blue Ridge Mountain tomato seeds. Quick turn around time for an overseas order.
Neutral GeorginaC
Toronto, ON
May 15, 2015
They have lots of seeds I can't seem to find elsewhere and for every 2 pack you get one "free" but that is the plus side. I have bought from them twice and I have the same issue as another reviewer - I can't seem to find a number of seeds for certain plants. Once the order arrives, the packages list a minimum number of seeds and it isn't quite accurate. I find that unless we are talking about 10 seeds or less, they don't even meet the "minimum" number. For example, I bought some tomato seeds and the package said min: 20 seeds but inside there were 12. The "free" package doesn't even cover the difference. I will still shop there in the future just because, if I really want something I can't find elsewhere, I will take what I can get. It's not cheap but the seeds are of good quality (in my experience) and worth a few extra bucks. I just wish they would have a look where seeds are being shipped to before throwing in a gift pack of seeds. Both times I got something that would only grow in much hotter climates so it's no use to me. Maybe they could look at the order and see - this person buys lots of vegetable seeds so lets throw in a pack of lettuce seeds... I would def enjoy that!
Positive grenouille
montreal,
Canada (Zone 5a)
November 4, 2014
Great service from this company. Seeds were shipped quickly and arrived quickly. Prices and shipping costs are very reasonable. They had several varieties I was having trouble finding, so I was very happy to find them here.

Positive Sibilation
Jacksonville, FL (Zone 9a)
September 6, 2014
I've ordered several times, and have always had a great experience. The seeds are well packaged and arrived quickly, but their selection (and selection of rare seed) is what sets them apart.
Positive psychloman
Brooklyn, NY (Zone 7a)
June 10, 2014
I ordered one packet of fuchsia and one packet of alstroemeria seeds, they arrived quickly and in good shape. Also included were complimentary Dierama seed which I was happy to get. Very pleasant experience.
Positive ATLGARDEN
Atlanta, GA
March 12, 2014
Incredible selection of seeds. Only merchant that had what I was looking for. Ordering was easy and considering they are located in England I received the items quickly (about 10 days). Reasonable pricing and shipping charges.
Positive Ispahan
Chicago, IL (Zone 6a)
July 24, 2013
A wonderful source for unusual and hard-to-find seeds! Customer service is prompt, friendly and efficient, and most seeds arrive (to USA) amazingly in a week or less from the time an order is placed. I have been extremely pleased. Seed is fresh and germination rates have been excellent. Some prices might seem expensive, but not when you consider the scarcity and freshness of most of the seeds they offer.

Most very rare items with scarce seeds are clearly labelled on the website regarding amount of seeds in each packet. They are not in any way being deceptive. They are specialist growers, not industrialized mass producers.

They have definitely earned a satisfied repeat customer. I look forward to seeing future seed offerings!
Neutral JenDion
Litchfield, NH (Zone 5b)
April 2, 2013
There are no seed counts on their web page so I emailed for clarification. I was told that there should be 'plenty', and I do understand that some seeds are more scarce than others. However the Corydalis solida which I ordered (and paid $5+/- for (US) only had 8 seeds in it. Several others which were even more expensive had 11 (this seemed to be the typical count). Some of the more common varieties did have 40-60 seeds (for a guess - I didn't count them) in the packet. So just be aware that the counts are on the low side for the harder to find seed.
Positive doghill6
Central Point, OR (Zone 8a)
February 19, 2013
The seeds arrived very quickly considering they come from the UK. They are packaged nicely with pictures and instructions. Plant World has some very unusual items, many of which germinate slowly so I can't really rate them for germination. However, since their service is so good, I am going to assume that any problems stem from my own difficulties with trying something new!
Positive KanapahaLEW
Alachua, FL (Zone 8b)
February 5, 2013
They have an excellent selection of hard-to-find seeds -- particularly bulb/geophyte seeds. Customer service is responsive, friendly and timely. They went beyond my expectations, and added a bonus as well. Shipping took a bit longer than I expected but they are at the mercy of the shipping companies and postal services. It was worth the wait to get seeds I have been seeking for a long time.
Positive hairyjo
Danville, CA
May 17, 2011
I love these seeds. They have an amazing selection and they germinate well and grow well. The shipping is fast. I wish I could order them all. I will definitely go back again this fall. These are one of my favorites.
Positive yukons_mom
Boise, ID
January 21, 2010
Ordered the seed last week and the seeds (and a bonus) arrived this morning. Some US seed companies might take note on sales efficiency and shipping.
This is my first order from this company. I am waiting to see how their germination rate compares to that of other companies from which I have ordered.
Positive rsstarr
Ozark, AR
February 18, 2009
I just made my first order and it came in within one week from the UK =) Everything seemed to be in great condition...can't wait to see how everything turns out. Very good company!
Positive sjp8987
Houston, TX (Zone 8b)
February 9, 2009
This company communicated excellently with me throughout the ordering process. Ray was extremely nice and their selection of seeds is wonderful. Shipping is reasonable and I would recommend this company to anyone. I will be doing business with them again
Positive begoniacrazii
Northern California, CA (Zone 9a)
December 9, 2008
Thank you Tessa and Ray for the great selection of unusual seeds. Lightning fast shipping and well packed product!

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]