The scoop on 'Plant World Seeds'

Plant World Seeds

St. Mary Church Rd., Newton Abbott
Devon, TQ12,4SE
(United Kingdom)

Phone: +44 (0)1803 872939
Fax: +44 (0)1803 875018

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive psychloman
Brooklyn, NY (Zone 7a)
June 10, 2014
I ordered one packet of fuchsia and one packet of alstroemeria seeds, they arrived quickly and in good shape. Also included were complimentary Dierama seed which I was happy to get. Very pleasant experience.
Positive ATLGARDEN
Atlanta, GA
March 12, 2014
Incredible selection of seeds. Only merchant that had what I was looking for. Ordering was easy and considering they are located in England I received the items quickly (about 10 days). Reasonable pricing and shipping charges.
Positive Ispahan
Chicago, IL (Zone 6a)
July 24, 2013
A wonderful source for unusual and hard-to-find seeds! Customer service is prompt, friendly and efficient, and most seeds arrive (to USA) amazingly in a week or less from the time an order is placed. I have been extremely pleased. Seed is fresh and germination rates have been excellent. Some prices might seem expensive, but not when you consider the scarcity and freshness of most of the seeds they offer.

Most very rare items with scarce seeds are clearly labelled on the website regarding amount of seeds in each packet. They are not in any way being deceptive. They are specialist growers, not industrialized mass producers.

They have definitely earned a satisfied repeat customer. I look forward to seeing future seed offerings!
Neutral JenDion
Litchfield, NH (Zone 5b)
April 2, 2013
There are no seed counts on their web page so I emailed for clarification. I was told that there should be 'plenty', and I do understand that some seeds are more scarce than others. However the Corydalis solida which I ordered (and paid $5+/- for (US) only had 8 seeds in it. Several others which were even more expensive had 11 (this seemed to be the typical count). Some of the more common varieties did have 40-60 seeds (for a guess - I didn't count them) in the packet. So just be aware that the counts are on the low side for the harder to find seed.
Positive doghill6
Central Point, OR (Zone 8a)
February 19, 2013
The seeds arrived very quickly considering they come from the UK. They are packaged nicely with pictures and instructions. Plant World has some very unusual items, many of which germinate slowly so I can't really rate them for germination. However, since their service is so good, I am going to assume that any problems stem from my own difficulties with trying something new!
Positive KanapahaLEW
Alachua, FL (Zone 8b)
February 5, 2013
They have an excellent selection of hard-to-find seeds -- particularly bulb/geophyte seeds. Customer service is responsive, friendly and timely. They went beyond my expectations, and added a bonus as well. Shipping took a bit longer than I expected but they are at the mercy of the shipping companies and postal services. It was worth the wait to get seeds I have been seeking for a long time.
Positive hairyjo
Danville, CA
May 17, 2011
I love these seeds. They have an amazing selection and they germinate well and grow well. The shipping is fast. I wish I could order them all. I will definitely go back again this fall. These are one of my favorites.
Positive yukons_mom
Boise, ID
January 21, 2010
Ordered the seed last week and the seeds (and a bonus) arrived this morning. Some US seed companies might take note on sales efficiency and shipping.
This is my first order from this company. I am waiting to see how their germination rate compares to that of other companies from which I have ordered.
Positive rsstarr
Ozark, AR
February 18, 2009
I just made my first order and it came in within one week from the UK =) Everything seemed to be in great condition...can't wait to see how everything turns out. Very good company!
Positive sjp8987
Round Rock, TX
February 9, 2009
This company communicated excellently with me throughout the ordering process. Ray was extremely nice and their selection of seeds is wonderful. Shipping is reasonable and I would recommend this company to anyone. I will be doing business with them again
Positive begoniacrazii
Northern California, CA (Zone 9a)
December 9, 2008
Thank you Tessa and Ray for the great selection of unusual seeds. Lightning fast shipping and well packed product!