The scoop on 'Pullerbear Tree, Shrub, Brush and Weed Puller'

Pullerbear Tree, Shrub, Brush and Weed Puller

PO Box 124
Shawnigan Lake, British Columbia V0R 2W0 (Canada)

Phone: 1 877 943 3607
Fax: 1 250 743 3747

Company Comment, posted on July 6, 2009:
The Pullerbear Pro weighs 17.5 lbs, pulls out stems up to 3" in diameter and is only $188.99 with free shipping to all 50 United States and all 10 Provinces in Canada. The Pullerbear Grip XL weighs just 13.5 lbs and will pull up trees and plants, up to 2.25" in diameter, roots and all, with ease. The Pullerbear Grip XL is $149.99 free shipping to all US States and Canadian provinces. We guarantee that the Pullerbears will perform as advertised or we will refund your purchase. To see our complete line of Pullerbears - go to http://www.pullerbear.com.

Comments:

Negative LDLemon
Conway, AR
September 1, 2013
Posted on August 29, 2013, updated September 1, 2013
Warning!

Before you buy a Pullerbear (or any other similar tool) read the warranty.

After I purchased a Pullerbear (Grip XL) on 11 June 2013, I received a E-Mail from Bradi Paisley thanking me for my purchase and stating in all caps that “BENDING ANY PART OF A PULLERBEAR IS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY – IF YOU THINK YOU CAN BEND OR BREAK ANY PART OF A PULLERBEAR – PLEASE DON'T BUY ONE!”

The Pullerbear (Grip XL) has two major problems:

1. The jaws will shear off small plants.
2. The tool bends easy.

Anything smaller that ¾ inch has a tendency to shear off instead to being pulled. I was able to pull out the roots on only about 20% of my attempts. Look at the jaw details on their homepage and you can see why.

When the jaw is open fully the front jaw brace will bend when trying to pull larger items. I’m 62 years old, weight 190 lbs, and recently retired from an office job. I did not put my full weight on the Pullerbear and I bent it. I DID NOT use a extension pipe or cheater.

ProQuo Services Canada did offer to refund the cost of the Pullerbear ONLY. The US Postal wanted sixty dollars ($60.00) to ship it to Canada and refused to ship until I had the entire tool in a box (it's 54 inches from end to end). After I obtained a suitable box, ProQuo Services withdrew it's offer stating that they assumed that I got all for my work done. I own a 160 acres farm in eastern Kansas. My brush control work will not be done until I'm 6 feet down.

I would gladly accept a FULL refund from ProQuo Services or accept a replacement (if they add additional support to the front jaw brace).

LARRY LEMON
On September 1st, 2013, LDLemon added the following:

I would like to provide followup comments to my posting on 29 August 2013.

The Pullerbear.com home page as of 1 September 2013 clearly states: “Lifetime Structural Warranty”. I guess that is true are long as Mr. Paisley does not consider you to be "over weight". Mr. Paisley do you know how tall I am?

The Pullerbear.com FAQ page under “Is there a warranty?” states that: “We welcome the return of any Pullerbear that is defective or fails to do what we claim it will do”. I guess that is true as long as Mr. Paisley does not consider you a “terrorists or extortionists”. My secondary point is that as part of their accommodating customer service they will also send you E-Mail(s) with numerous personal attacks.

The tubular steel I bent fits inside a larger tubular steel tube (with tight clearance). Once that smaller tube is bent the tool becomes useless. It was bent out, not down – as a result of the powerful jaw bite he is so proud of. I would estimate it only took about 150 pounds of downward pressure to bend the jaw out.

Mr. Palmer also states that a fellow in Connecticut returned one that was bent to hell then later he states that “we have yet to have even one returned to us”. Which is it?

What we do agree on is:

The “official” warrant is not provided until after the purchase.

If you think you can bend or break any part of a Pullerbear – Please don't buy one.

ProQuo Services will not cover any bending or breaking of any parts.

I was duped (Mr. Palmer words – not mine) into buying there product.

LARRY LEMON
Owner of one broke Pullerbear

Company representative comment on September 1, 2013:
On Aug 31, 2013 6:14 PM, Pullerbear Tree, Shrub, Brush and Weed Puller responded with:

Larry Lemon was offered a refund for the purchase price of his Pullerbear of $149.99. We shipped it to him free of charge. He bent it and notified us, of that, on August 5th. Even though, as he states in his synopsis that, we do not warranty any bending of the tool. The tools are made with Grade A U.S.A. and Canadian made steel and the part that Mr Lemon bent is the thickest walled 1" by 1" tubular steel available. His issue should be with the steel manufacturer not with us as we have no control over the tensile strength of U.S. and Canadian made steel. That's why we warranty the craftsmanship not the materials. It's clear by Mr. Lemon's comments that he has no issues with the craftsmanship just the steel and the all to powerful bite of the jaws of his Pullerbear.

That brings me to his other point regarding the jaws of his Pullerbear... the Pullerbears, by far and away, have the most aggressive, non-slip, deepest biting jaws and teeth of any other "tree" puller in the world and if you attempt to pull celery-like plants with the Pullerbear it probably will bite them off. The picture he refers to on our home page shows the Pullerbear pulling a "tree", not celery.

Mr. Lemon, clearly, investigated our product prior to purchasing it, he knew of the warranty as it pertained to bending, as we sent him an email, the same day he purchased it, with the warranty information included and in bold type that we do not warranty the bending of any part of the tool, and he still went ahead with the purchase. We are very accommodating company and when a customer makes a mistake with their tool we have provided free replacement parts as a result even though we state in our warranty that bending is not covered. The following is the very first message Mr. Lemon sent to us on August 5th...

I bought the Pullerbear based on the reviews I read on the internet.

I plan on leaving the following review on 12 August 2013 to the various websites I used.

Sorry but I was not happy with the product.

Larry Lemon

This was our response, 13 hours later, on August the 6th because he made no mention of wanting a replacement part...

Hi Larry,

Return it to us and we will refund the purchase.

Ship via courier to 2741 Gibson Place, Shawnigan Lake, BC, Canada V0R 2W0

You will notice the specific instructions given to Mr. Lemon regarding shipping and it was to be via courier. No mention of USPS. Couriers aren't as fussy and are usually less expensive. Also, we've shipped over 10,000 Pullerbears and not one of them was in a box.

It took him over 3 weeks to reply to our offer which would have been plenty of time for him to finish up what ever land clearing project he had bought his Pullerbear for. We have had a scam, similar to this, pulled on us just once before by a fellow in Connecticut and we aren't going to get burned again. That guy took a picture of the Pullerbear when it looked relatively new and by the time we got it back it was beat to hell. We don't consider that a return, it went into our We Were Scammed File.

We have sold over 10,000 units in the US, Canada and around the world and we have yet to have even one returned to us. We are very good at building them and even better at customer service,, but when a customer "plans" (not "going to", but "plans") to leave a negative comment by a certain date (August 12th) it implies that his "plan" could change if ?????? He is an extortionist and we don't negotiate with terrorists or extortionists.

So we're taking this Lemon and we're making lemonade!

Thanks Larry and there is no way a 62 year old, out of shape, over weight, former office worker bent a Pullerbear all by himself. You tried to hard to convince us how weak you are. And one more thing Larry... the reviews you read on the internet regarding the Pullerbears are not our reviews, they are the reviews of satisfied customers. They "duped" you in to buying our product, not us.

Shaking my head,

Randy Paisley

Owner of ProQuo Services Canada Ltd and the craftsman who made Larry Lemon's Pullerbear.

On Sep 1, 2013 8:32 AM, Pullerbear Tree, Shrub, Brush and Weed Puller added:

On Sep 1, 2013 8:42 AM, Pullerbear Tree, Shrub, Brush and Weed Puller added:

Update to Larry Lemon's response to our rebuttal...

"I was duped (Mr. Palmer words – not mine) into buying there product."

Who is Mr. Palmer? Can I suggest that you actually review what you send before you post it?

I was going to respond to several of your inaccuracies, but once I saw that you can't even get my name right... What's the point?

We track where our customers come from and since you posted your original message it has generated a half dozen sales.

There is no such thing as bad publicity.

Thanks

Positive ChasM
Minneapolis, MN
July 1, 2013
I've used a Pullerbear Grip XL for a year now. I bought a new home that has a large woods full of buckthorn. The Pullerbear has been fantastic. I'll fault my own muscles before I fault the Pullerbear. It has excellent, solid construction. I rarely have a problem with the jaws slipping on the trunk (maybe one of every 40 trees). There are times when the surrounding soil is soft, & the Pullerbear base sinks in so that I can't get good leverage to pull the tree. I've found that I can toss a large rock or branch under the base to get around that (plus, you can bolt a larger base to it if you want to - they have bolt holes for that - I just choose not to). I've lent it to a friend, who just placed an order for the Pullerbear Pro. I'm considering getting the smallest one so I can clear the 2-4' buckthorn saplings (I go through leather gloves pretty fast pulling them by hand, although feeling the roots give _is_ pretty satisfying!). In short - I HIGHLY recommend the Pullerbear.
Negative BorisBauer
Easley, SC
October 31, 2010
You get what you pay for is the usual comment and this applies to the Pullerbear. I have compared smaller brush removal versions of the Pullerbear, WeedWrench, and Extractigator. With no exception, the Pullerbear was the least effective. Because of personal experience, I rather suspect Pullerbear reviews.
Company representative comment on October 31, 2010:
On Oct 31, 2010 10:45 AM, Pullerbear Tree, Shrub, Brush and Weed Puller responded with:

Finally, Boris Bauer has finally mustered up the courage to post his diatribe in a forum we can respond to. Mr. Boris Bauer usually posts his comments about our tools on other pages where we can't respond. Now that he has given us the means to respond.... he is a shill - (definition:A shill is a person who helps another person or organization to sell goods or services without disclosing that he or she has a close relationship with the seller. The shill pretends to have no association with the seller/group and gives onlookers the impression that he or she is an enthusiastic independent customer. )

Mr. Boris Bauer bought one of our tools a couple of years ago and immediately upon receiving it he began his work as a shill. We do have to give him some credit for actually purchasing a product prior to negatively ranting about it. Most shills don't go to that much trouble.

We have offered Mr. Boris Bauer a full refund including the shipping costs to return it to us and he has refused. It seems Boris Bauer can't part with his Pullerbear Cub.

Sorry for the somewhat annoying full name references to Mr. Boris Bauer, but the more times we mention his full name - Mr. Boris Bauer - the easier it is for Google robots to pick it up and index it. Hopefully, one day when someone is vetting Mr. Boris Bauer they will read this and be aware of who and what he is. Unfortunately, sellers don't usually check out potential customers prior to selling them something but if you are one - DON'T SELL ANYTHING TO MR. BORIS BAUER.

Of course, Mr. Boris Bauer being a shill is just our opinion, but you be the judge. He bought one of our tools, says it is worthless and then refuses a 100% refund.

Thanks Mr. Boris Bauer - now get back to pulling your rhodos you shill!

Positive Spike41
Ladysmith B.C.
Canada
July 6, 2009
Rented the largest PULLER BEAR to pull some cedar trees around a sundeck for my friend. We were amazed how fast we got the trees out ( roots and all ) I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TOOL for any one with plants or shrubs they want to get rid of.

Sincerely John Parker
Neutral gumbootgordner
minneapolis
United States
June 24, 2009
Well, after considering the three choices for a tree puller, the Weed Wrench, Extractigator and the Pullerbear, I decided on the Pullerbear based mostly on the price ($109.99 delivered). The others couldn't even come close on the price. Well I received the Pullerbear last week and put it to the test on my buckthorn and it by far exceeded my expectations. I cleared an area faster than if I had went in with a chainsaw. I've never used a WW but I have used an Extractigator and the difference between that and the Pullerbear is huge. If I had to grade the aspects of each tool the Pullerbear is first in - ease of use, price, shipping costs, ability and workmanship. Thanks guys for making a tool that has just made my life easier.

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors:
It is the policy of the Watchdog that companies may not pose as their own customer in order to leave feedback. The rating, written by a representative of this company was changed from positive to neutral so that it would not affect the overall rating given by customers.

Company representative comment on October 31, 2010:
On Jul 6, 2009 11:15 AM, Pullerbear Tree, Shrub, Brush and Weed Puller responded with:

This comment was a cut and paste from one of our customers.

On Jul 6, 2009 7:50 PM, Pullerbear Tree, Shrub, Brush and Weed Puller added:

This customers feedback was posted as, what we feel was, an appropriate response to an erroneus reference to our tool on this website. A member of this website made reference to a comparison he made between our tool and other competitor's tools. That comparison is an inequitable one and is analogous to comparing an apple to an orange. This erroneous reference has been brought to the attention of the editors but their position is that there is nothing they can do about it. There is nothing in the posting that indicates the poster had compared our smallest tool to the competitors larger tools. This is misleading for users of this website and a disservice to our product. To review the feedback we posted from one of our customers and others go to http://www.pullerbear.com/feedback.html or to see the actual comparison of these tools with information gleaned from each of the manufacturers own websites - go to http://www.pullerbear.com/compare.html

Also, I asked that our product be deleted from Dave's Garden and was told that it is against the law in the U.S. to delete an account. Yeah right! Beware of this if you were considering joining this site.

The erroneous poster didn't leave any feedback on our page because he knew we would have been able to refute his so called comparison and as it stands right now there isn't anything we can do about it other than to post on our own feedback and then explain why we did it. It's a long way to go but the end justifies the means.

On Oct 31, 2010 10:59 AM, Pullerbear Tree, Shrub, Brush and Weed Puller added:

UPDATE!!!! The shill finally posted his comments on our page and now we get to tell you who he is... Mr. Boris Bauer of South Carolina (our Where in the World customer page log --- 1- Pullerbear Cub - Boris Bauer -Berea High School - South Carolina U.S. .....Rhododendrons, Azaleas---

Mr. Boris Bauer is still a proud owner of a Pullerbear Cub and has refused all of our attempts to completely and fully refund his money including the cost of shipping the tool back to us. Mr. Boris Bauer's comments are not worth the pixels or the computer screen they are printed on.