The scoop on 'Australian Native Plants Nursery'

Australian Native Plants Nursery

9040 North Ventura Avenue
Ventura, California 93001-1034 (United States)

Visit Australian Native Plants Nursery at:

This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Comments:

Positive psychloman
Brooklyn, NY (Zone 7a)
June 10, 2014
My first order, just one packet of Acacia pravissima seed, arrived quickly and in good shape. Helpful germination instructions on seed packet. Fascinating catalog.
Positive dannygates58
Jefferson, NH
April 16, 2010
This may have been the best mail order experience I have had.
For quite a while I while I have been searching for Xanthorrhhoea, an Australian Grass Tree which seem to be completely unavailable in this country. One night while web surfing I found Australian Native Plants Nursery and there was the grass tree available in ! gallon size for mail order. Knowing this plant is a very slow grower and wanting a larger one I emailed the owner Jo. I heard back immediately and she did have 5 gallon plants but only for retail and did not ship them. After several very pleasant emails back and forth ahe agreed to sell and ship me the larger one. She personally emailed me on a daily basis with an update on my order and yesterday a perfectly packed and beautiful grass tree arrived. My 2 year search was over!!
For anyone looking for Australian plants her plant list is very extensive and I have found several things I plan to order with a second order.
My only regret is that I cannot actually get to the nursery, see it and meet this woman who was so helpful to me.
Positive blazer_007
Poulsbo, WA
June 11, 2007
I ordered a bunch of seeds from here and was pretty surprised at the amount of seeds in the packets. After a week Im already getting germination from some off the seeds and Im very pleased. They have cool stuff youll have a hard time finding elsewhere. Ill be ordering again.
Positive ecrane3
Dublin, CA (Zone 9a)
April 2, 2007
I placed an order a couple months ago and was very happy with the plants and seeds I received. The plants were gorgeous and healthy, and there were TONS of seeds in the packets, more than enough to try a couple times if I didn't have good luck germinating them the first time (but so far I've gotten pretty good germination even though I thought the seeds might be tricky to start). I am addicted to Aussie plants and will definitely order from here again!
Positive FrankHolling
November 1, 2000
Great folks; good service and plants. The owner, Jo, sounds like Crocodile Dundee's sister as a bonus. She travels to Australia yearly and brings back new seeds. Highly recommended.