The scoop on 'Tatiana's TOMATObase'

Tatiana's TOMATObase

110 Lanson Cres.
Anmore, British Columbia V3H 4X6 (Canada)

» Like them on Facebook

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive ColoHusker
Denver, CO (Zone 5b)
April 2, 2014
Great website resource overall & very impressive. Also ordered a variety of seeds from the store. Order arrived quickly and seed quality has been very good. Will definitely use again!
Positive LooneyLinda
Mantua, UT (Zone 4b)
February 10, 2014
Posted on January 28, 2011, updated February 10, 2014
Since I am largely computer illiterate I have had a hard time using Tania's site, but I'm getting better at it. I have never seen so much information about tomato varieties anywhere else.
Prices for seeds and shipping are very reasonable.
I will order from her again.
On February 10th, 2014, LooneyLinda added the following:

Again, Tatiana's is a great place to order seeds. Inexpensive, packets and shipping. I can't understand how she can ship for $2 when other companies ask so much more. Great selection.
Positive RickardE
Goshen, IN (Zone 6a)
May 15, 2013
I am embarrassed to say that after having roamed the internet for the last ten years to find interesting seeds from dedicated heirloom seed providers, I only just happened upon Tatiana's Tomatobase within the last year. I was astonished by the vast array of seeds that have been collected, documented, planted, and saved by Tatiana.

I ordered a few varieties that I don't think I could have found about anywhere else, at least not at one web site. The source of the seeds are all documented on the site. The transaction was easy and used PayPal. When I received the package in the mail (hand written address) the seeds were in nifty zip lock envelopes that contained small computer printouts with information about the seeds. Two weeks later, all of my peat pots have starts coming from them. Any problems from this point on can be attributed solely to my ineptitude. I wish I had known about Tatiana's sooner and would recommend this establishment to any serious heirloom veggie fan.
Positive Sunsi
Martville, NY
March 13, 2012
I trust Tatiana's thoughtful commentary about each tomato variety and have discovered many new ones I wouldn't have tried, otherwise. We have always received our seeds on time and in good condition with excellent germination rate. Although great service is always important it's Tatiana's warm and gracious personality that makes doing business such a pleasure.
Positive stormygace
kure beach, NC (Zone 7b)
October 12, 2011
Posted on January 21, 2010, updated October 12, 2011
Her catalogue is an awesome source for information on an unbelievable number of heirloom tomatoes - wonderful service for orders too - fast, awe inspiring selection & option for bubble cushioned packaging. Prices are very reasonable, too low frankly when you calculate in the ridiculously low shipping (even to the US). Will buy from Tania every year (there are always too many tomatoes & not enough land).
On October 12th, 2011, stormygace added the following:

Fantastic source & well worth every penny for the quality, vigor & variety (everything I have ordered from her has grown true) - HUGE added bonus is her unbelievably inclusive database of tomatoes! The USDA should be so lucky! Tatiana's site is my go-to for all sorts of information & wonderful seed for three years now. Many more orders coming her way from me! Packaging & shipping both excellent, meticulous, fast & reasonable.
Positive greentea31
Half Moon Bay, CA
May 19, 2011
Okay well, I placed two orders through Tatiana's online store and am happy to say that all aspects of the experience have been excellent.
1. High germination rate
2. Informative online catalog w/ PDF catalog
3. Actually got a response to my tomato questions.
4. One variety (I don't label tomato plants) has set fruit in a 3" round by 4.5" deep peat cup. Amazing!
Positive TheFluffyOne
Aurora, IL
April 23, 2011
Posted on February 10, 2011, updated April 23, 2011
Posted on February 7, 2011, updated February 10, 2011
I got a quick turn around on my seeds and she took some risk in doing so which I appreciate given I sent a check.

I must say she has the best packaging of any seeds I have ordered: Small zip-lock plastic bags with a nice label inside and the seeds. This makes storage easy and convenient. And you can tell how many seeds you have left at a glance instead of having to open up the envelopes. For someone like me who saves seeds the standard paper envelopes are useless. They take up too much room in the refrigerator so I end up having to make little envelopes, relabeling etc and I still face the reopening and reclosing issues; ergo, I really appreciate the small ziplocks.

I was not sure what the seed counts would be, so looked on the website but that information eluded me. I received 20-25 seeds a package, which is perfect for my purpose, so you pay about 8-10 cents a seed at 2.25 a pack. I also got a pack of bonus seeds which was a nice touch. Her postage rate is fantastic and nonexistent if you order 8 packs. I'll report back on germination rate and trueness to name later but I suspect there will be no issues. So far a fantastic choice.

On February 10th, 2011, TheFluffyOne added the following:

As an update, the seed counts are on the seed order summary page; I simply missed them. Per Tatiana: All tomato packets have 25 seeds/packet, except SunSugar F1, which has 20 seeds only. I also note Tatiana indicated she tested all her seeds in the fall of 2010 so germination should be good.
On April 23rd, 2011, TheFluffyOne added the following:

As I mentioned I would report back on my germination rate. A perfect 100% germination rate for the 8 varieties I ordered. So in summary, great services, good prices, awesome shipping rate and clever packaging, and the bonus seeds are a nice touch.
Positive honeythedog
south west
France
March 28, 2011
This is the second year I have ordered (and not the last either). Order sent promptly and the seeds are first class; excellent germination of healthy plants - to say nothing of the enormous amount of information available on the website and catalogue. Bravo Tatiana - long may you continue!
Positive Horseshoe
Efland, NC (Zone 7a)
March 12, 2011
THE absolute best site on the web for tomato variety information and sources. Tatiana's database spells it all out with variety descriptions, heritage/source of variety if known, and gives input from others. If she doesn't have the seed she also lists other companies/people who do.

Well worth the visit to her site!
Positive mikemaurer
Rio Rancho, NM
February 22, 2011
The nicest person I have ever dealt with, very informative and helpful. Immediate response to questions and requests.
Amazing amount of information on this site. My seed requests were sent quickly and I had a very good germination rate.
Positive MargoniDD
Iron River, MI (Zone 3b)
November 11, 2010
I have purchased seed from Tatiana for the past two years. She has always been very helpful. The prices are very fair. The product arrives when she says it will, and I have been very happy with the seed that I ordered. I am in zone 3a/4b, and I like her data base from gardeners throughout the world who record their experiences with each plant.
Positive mystlw
Dayton, OH
March 31, 2010
I've had several pleasant experiences with Tatiana's in the past two seasons, and intend to do business with her again. Great communication, an excellent variety, wonderful prices, and shipping is more than reasonable (I normally buy enough to get the free shipping!)
Delivery takes about a week for me, but I'm in the U.S., so I'm extremely happy with that time frame; I know seed stores in my own country that take much longer.
I can't say enough positive things about Tatiana's, I completely trust her with my seed orders. I'm very grateful to have found her!
Positive simmran1
Burlington, IA
February 24, 2010
Tania has the not so ordinary- grown for trial in her own garden. You just can't say enough about the work she does to maintain such an extensive site. And yes, shipping is fast.
Positive jmnave
Elverta, CA
January 20, 2010
Awesome selection of tomato seed and short season vegetables. Good info on the web site. Fast friendly communication and fast service.
Positive johnsonjrbm
Olympia, WA (Zone 7b)
December 5, 2009
I'm very pleased with Tatiana's offerings, as she has a number of cool-climate and short-season tomato varieties suited for the Pacific Northwest. She's the only commercial vendor for a number of varieties listed in the Seed Savers Exchange yearbooks.

Her customer service is excellent, and shipping rates to the U.S. are very fair.
Positive geeboss
Fairfax, VA
September 29, 2009
Have ordered from Tatianas the past two seasons and received seeds quickly and I'm very pleased with the free gift seed packet. Tomatoes grew true and will order again in the future.