The scoop on 'Century Farm Orchards'

Century Farm Orchards

1614 Rice Road
Reidsville, North Carolina 27320 (United States)

Phone: 336-349-5709

Comments:

Positive gardenss
Little Rock, AR
September 14, 2013
I ordered three apples and a pear in the fall of 2012. David was so nice and helpful. He answers emails quickly. The trees I received were the best of stock and there was much helpful literature included. It is the end of summer, 2013, and each tree has grown very well. Super positive rating for this company.
Positive thegameri
High Point, NC
February 25, 2013
I ordered two apple trees from Century Farm Orchards so far and they arrived in great condition and are doing fine. Top quality stock with a lot to choose from. David in knowledgeable, helpful, and always responds to questions in a timely manner. I look forward to ordering from him again.
Positive rgilley
Lexington, NC
May 13, 2012
I contacted David with a question about grafting some old apple trees on some property I have in Virginia. These trees are 80 years old and are on their last leg. He told me exactly what to do and I sent him scion wood early that next year. I picked up 10 beautiful grafted apple trees from Century Farms and they are thriving in a new orchard close to the old apple trees that were grafted from. David is honest, fair and goes the extra mile to explain your question. I would not hestitate to use Century Farms for any of my fruit tree needs.
Positive trudyh
North Kingstown, RI
May 3, 2012
I bought a dwarf apple last fall. It came well packaged and has leafed out and looks quite healthy. David has been great about advising me about this tree.
Positive edenplace
Trout, LA
March 7, 2011
I ordered several apple trees from David Vernon in March of 2010. The trees arrived in approximately a week and a half. They have survived a dry summer and a colder than normal winter and are in good shape. Century Farms is a good place to do business with.
Positive Copernicus
Lexington, TN
January 10, 2011
This is my third or fourth year to order from Dave @ Century Farm Orchards. As before order was handled well and trees were shipped as described.
Will do more business with Century Farm.
Positive spittingkitten
Hillsborough, NC
November 13, 2010
This is my third time buying from Century Farm Orchard. In all I have purchased 18 apple trees. Whenever I think I need a few more, I immediately think of David. If you ever have a chance to visit his open house held each Saturday in November, do it! You get to taste many different varieties of apples, there is a wonderful planting demonstration going on, a chance to buy scrumptious fried apple pies, and samples of apple cider. All this from a family farm. My first order of apple trees from 3 years ago are extremely healthy and I am looking forward to getting apples from them next year. David willingly shares his knowledge of pollination recommendations and growing and pruning techniques. This farm is highly recommended.
Positive allabuzz
Walhalla, SC
February 20, 2010
Have just finished planting 16 apple trees and 1 pear tree that were shipped to us from Century Farms. The trees arrived in wonderful shape....They were bundled so they wouldn't be damaged in shipping and their roots were enclosed in plastic bags to prevent them from drying out. They arrived on time, were packaged extremely well, and contained a printout with details on planting. Century Farms has a website that includes videos on planting and pruning your trees and they were just what I needed to get the trees off to a good start. My experience with the company says that they are top notch and I will order from them again. I dealt with David and found him to be very professional and helpful.
Positive stemy
Fort Mill, SC
January 2, 2010
Dave was great to work with on the order. The trees arrived promptly and were in great shape. I love their selection of heirloom and southern apples. I will definitely be doing business with them again!
Positive dealhound
Eagle Springs, NC
May 25, 2009
I bought bare root apple trees from Century Farms this spring and travelled to their farm to pick them up. My order was 8 trees and David helped me with varieties and availability through several emails. I found his farm to be very interesting and he and his father to be the best of people. They have a huge variety of trees available and can have almost any variety grafted and ready for you. The trees were excellent and are all alive and doing well. Trust Century Farms for your apple and pear tree needs.
Positive jimfnc
Greensboro, NC
February 1, 2009
1st time purchase of apple trees. Dave (owner) and I traded several emails, helping me choose appropriate varieties. Each step of the way was educational and very professional. I actually travelled to his nursery to pick up the trees - they are in great shape, and with the trees he gave me more info to be successful with them. A great experience.
Positive cowpea123
Coushatta, LA
December 4, 2008
The apple trees I ordered arrived to day in great shape!The were well packed.Custermer servive is great! Will order again!
Positive Gonebananas
Columbia, SC
November 29, 2008
Just received six bareroot apples (whips): one modern (disease resistant) and five heirloom southern selections. They are well grown and sized, very well rooted (many fibrous roots, not just a few main roots), well pruned for shipping, well packed, and shipped exactly when promised. Additionally they were responsive to inquiries by email (regarding selections and rootstock/framework) and scrupulously honest, later finding and crediting a discount I had overlooked.