The scoop on 'Two Green Thumbs Miniature Garden Center'

Two Green Thumbs Miniature Garden Center

5942 45th Ave. SW
Seattle, Washington 98136 (United States)

Phone: 206-352-0494

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink

Comments:

Positive TammyT
Sunnyvale, CA
October 21, 2013
I have placed two orders this past month with Two Green Thumbs -- 5 different plants for a small rock garden I created beneath an old Juniper -- and am very pleased with this mail order nursery:

1) Both orders were shipped in a timely manner.

2) Every plant was securely and creatively packaged and arrived in perfect condition.

3) The plants were very healthy and happy and are exactly as pictured on the website.

I will definitely order more plants from Two Green Thumbs Miniature Garden Center.
Positive DoBeMe
Seattle, WA
May 16, 2011
I love Two Green Thumbs Miniature Garden Center and Janit has been a true inspiration to me over the years. I found out what Janit was doing years ago when I met her at the Edmonds Garden Market and have followed her work since. She is one of the most honest and forthright people I know and she always has a sense of humor and wit about her. I can't say enough good things about her business, Two Green Thumbs, and her work has rippled and inspired other gardeners throughout the world. She is a true inspiration! We need her to keep working so she can keep sharing it with us! ;o) This latest order that I received came fast, well-wrapped and the plants are GORGEOUS!!
Positive joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS (Zone 8b)
April 29, 2011
I have ordered from many garden websites over the years and have never been as impressed with my orders from other places as I have been with this company. Janit, the owner, is always ready and willing to help with any of my questions. Every plant has been securely packaged and arrived in perfect condition. Her healthy plants are also exactly as pictured on the website. The decorative items are also well packaged and not one item arrived in damaged condition. My orders have always been shipped in a timely manner. I can not praise this company and the owner, Janit Calvo, highly enough.
Negative aldmom
Livonia, MI
April 28, 2011
Initially I was pleased with receiving timely communications on out of stock items however my last contact was very unsatisfactory. I ordered a refill kit for a miniature garden patio mix. The company has comparatively high shipping costs ($13.19 for a $5.95 item weighing about 3lbs. and sent parcel post!) l but I ordered this anyway because I couldn't find it elsewhere. It arrived with no instructions so I wrote to have a copy sent. The owner responded as if I should not have expected to receive instructions with a refill; offered to complete the kit, including instructions, for another $11 OR I could "wait" for her to email me the PDF, as it was on her list of "to-do's" for the week. I don't find that to be good service. I've now waited 4 days for this to be emailed to me. It seems to me this should have been done at least as soon as I indicated to her I needed them; it is after all just an email. That would have been good customer service,not "when she gets to it later in the week ". She did however take the time to add "There are no instructions included" to the item description though. It is very disappointing that the owner was so put off by my simple request.Combined with the high shipping I doubt if I'll be a returning customer.
Company representative comment on April 28, 2011:
On Apr 28, 2011 4:23 PM, Two Green Thumbs Miniature Garden Center responded with:

Sorry Cindy.

I'm not sure if you are aware of how a pdf is made, but does take time not only to lay it out but to figure out how to do it and make it work properly, especially while trying to run a busy online business. Printed instructions cost money.

The listing in the online store was as straightforward as I could make it before I amended it (which is very quick and easy to do, btw):

"Refill kit contains
- 2lbs Mini Patio Mix
- 1/2lb miniature sand."

Sorry you are disappointed that I couldn't react immediately to your demand to add on something for free that clearly was not included in the first place - refill means just that, it is to refill the kit, it is not a kit in itself - not to mention again that the pdf wasn't even available at the time of your demand. This is unfortunate, the pdf was completed today and I was about to email it to you. You can now download it from the online store for $3.95 at your leisure.

Also, I have the documentation here that your box was shipped by Priority Mail and that method was chosen by you when checking out.

Good luck with all.

Positive mtnqueen
Ellijay, GA
March 8, 2011
March 8 2011

I checked out this website after seeing the positive comments here and I couldn't believe how clever and wonderful her ideas are. I have not yet ordered but just seeing her site will make you smile !!!! Great ideas for gifts...
Positive dogdaysdog
Seattle, WA
March 7, 2011
Janit is one talented and creative lady! I have a dog care buisness in Seattle and I had Janit create my christmas client gifts. She created dog themed miniature gardens and my clients were amazed (as was I)....now, how am I going to top that next year??? I don't think it can be done!
Positive patterson0421
Springfield, PA
May 2, 2009
I initially contacted Two Green Thumbs to inquire about a conifer that was noted on the website, but not available for purchase. After inquiring, I was e-mailed by the owner herself, Janit! How often does that happen! She is awesome! Her customer service was outstanding, replying thoroughly and promptly to my e-mails while providing additional useful information! Of course, I placed an order and 6 mini conifers arrived well-packaged and in pristine condition. She even took the time to follow up personally on my order! I will definitely be doing business with Two Green Thumbs again when I add to my garden! Thanks again Janit and Two Green Thumbs!
Positive onewish1
Denville, NJ (Zone 6b)
April 24, 2009
fantastic service, shipping, and plants!!!... Will buy again from them in the future!

photos of the shipment are in my diary

Positive Little_Squirt
Wayne, NE
April 15, 2009
I ordered a few things from Two Green Thumbs Garden Center. First the gnome that I specifically ordered was out of stock. I received an email promptly asking if I would like to wait or purchase something else. I told them that I wanted to wait. As stated by my tracking my items arrived today. I did not expect them to be as large and healthy of plant as I got. They had good packaging-had rubberbanded saran wrap around the pots and then ran staples from the outside of the box into the side of the pot so they did not move around in the box. ALSO not only had the sent me the email it was not a computer generated it was very personal. THANKS I look forward to doing more business with you.