The scoop on 'Neeps Lawn and Garden Supplies'

Neeps Lawn and Garden Supplies

100 N. Wilkes Barre Blvd.
Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania 18702 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-570-5442

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

No positives

Comments:

Negative carrielamont
Bedford, TX (Zone 8a)
February 23, 2009
I was referred to a to-good-to-be-true seed sale with this company. Ferry & Mason seeds for $0.45 - $0.60 + $2 shipping. Many were out of stock, but many (which I had seen recently for $2 - $3) were not. So, I ordered about $5 worth of seeds. They arrived in only a few days, but (in February 2009) the seeds are all marked "sell by 11/2008," with a 2006 harvest date. I'll plant them anyway, but it should have said somewhere on the site that the seeds were old.

There is another discount seed site - I can't remember which one - which is the outlet site for the big British seed company. There, at least you know going into it that the seeds are going to have lower than expected germination rates.
Negative chadickfarms
Richland Hills, TX (Zone 7b)
January 28, 2009
Needing a good ensliage fork, I found Neeps had a great price on the Kodiak 10-tine model (#993611). Upon receipt, I was very disappointed to find that the fork weighs 9 pounds - something that was not disclosed at any point during my purchase. I contacted Neeps about an exchanging this item for a lighter fork and was told there would be a 20% restocking fee, another tidbit that was not disclosed during my purchase. The customer service person was polite but unyeilding - the restocking fee applied whether or not I returned the item or exchanged it for a different item.
Considering the return shipping costs in combination with the restocking fee, I have not yet decided if the return is worth my effort. Regardless, I will not order from this deceptive company again, and urge anyone else considering this company to call in your order (don't order over the web) and ask plenty of questions.