The scoop on 'BigBadFlower.com'

BigBadFlower.com

7091 Myakka Valley Trail
Sarasota, Florida 34241-9676 (United States)

Comments:

Negative bluebuster77
Belmont, CA
March 10, 2013
Posted on October 14, 2012, updated March 10, 2013
I didn't think their young plug size plants are suitable for hobbiest and beginner. I believe additional care may require to grow for their green house grown plants. I order 7 plants most of them are wilted and almost or nearly die. Here in california, wealther is pretty good currently, no pest on plants. But all the plants are suddenly pale and wilted within a week. Unlike other grower, there is no special care along with the order. I still have no clue why it's happened. Not sure guarantee on their plants but fast shipping, healthy looking plants initially. I recommend larger size plants from martindale.
On March 10th, 2013, bluebuster77 changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

plants are young and cheap but all my 8 hibiscus bought from bigbadflowers last fall die shortly after I received. I reported, they discuss several times over email about replacement. But no action is taken until now. I don't think this nursery is top choice for me.
Positive hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH (Zone 5a)
May 26, 2012
I have 7 tropical hibiscus from this company, and just received three more. Once again very healthy hibiscus plants! Packaged well and shipped quickly! I do agree that if the shipping charges were better I would order more and more often.
Positive GeneralLee1956
Huntington, WV
March 29, 2012
I've ordered Mandevillas from this great company for two years in a row now, and I couldn't be happier. The plants arrive packed extremely well and professionally. Each time, the plants arrived 3 days after I placed my order. They are always very healthy and ready to take off and grow.

Plus they accept Paypal which makes for a risk and hassle free transaction. This is a 5 star plant vending company. I wish other mail order companies were anywhere near their level of quality.

Highly recommended.
Neutral lakesidecallas
Dandridge, TN (Zone 6a)
May 11, 2011
Their plants are nice but I'm giving them a Neutral for the shipping costs. I bought 18 Hibiscus plugs and the shipping cost was $36.

Yes, the plants are nice, and yes, they are nicely packed. Yes, I did know the shipping cost before paying the bill (I had hoped they would refund some of the cost, though).

The plugs come in a plastic box with their names written on it, and put into 2 priority mail boxes with $5 shipping on each. That's a $26 handling charge.

Bigbadflowers.com carries a lot of interesting plants, and I would buy a lot more and recommend them more highly if the shipping costs were more reasonable.
Positive jll
Pendleton, OR
November 12, 2010
i have put in two orders for hibiscus plants.shiping was fast .Plants are healthy. Looking forward to another order.
Positive RebeccaLynn
Winston Salem, NC (Zone 7a)
July 1, 2010
Posted on June 24, 2010, updated July 1, 2010
On June 17 I ordered three bouganvillas and paid through PayPal. On June 24 I received three very small bouganvilla plants. They were fresh and green. One of them was even blooming! It was as if I had just brought them home from my local garden shop. I don't understand it, but I like it. I have already placed another order, this time for Mandevilla.
On July 1st, 2010, RebeccaLynn added the following:

My three Mandevilla plants arrived today. Again, they are very small and very much alive with healthy green leaves.
Positive ssssssss
Kechi, KS
April 23, 2010
This is a great company. The plants are small but very healthy and they grow quickly. I am delighted with my orders. The last one came with the tiny bougainvillea blooming. I wasn't aware they would bloom so soon.

Don't know much about coir but once I ordered it the plants certainly responded. I hope they keep expanding because every plant I have received has been in great shape. They also deliver quickly.
Positive zubababy
West Jordan, UT
November 13, 2009
I received my order within a week. I am impressed with how healthy these plants are.
I was a little worried about how the plants would look when I got them, knowing that they were small.
I was so pleased when I got the package, to see so many green leaves and white healthy roots.
I will definitely be ordering from them again. Thank you!
Positive prentisspg
Baton Rouge, LA (Zone 8b)
September 7, 2009
On July 29th I ordered 7 Cajun Hibiscus and 2 Bouganvillias. I received my order in a timely fashion. The plants were small (As expected and explained in there site info) and the roots were in those expandable pellets with the netting still over them. They were in unique plastic containers (3 to a container) with the roots in the bottom portion of the container and the stems going thru a hole to the top of the container where the leaves were. The pellets were nice and moist and the leaves were beautifully green. All would have been fine except the shipping was rough and the pellets around the roots of the two bouganvillia had completely disentegrated and spread all thru the package onto the leaves. Perhaps if the pellets had been wrapped with wet newspaper it could have prevented this but not their fault. Definitely rough handling by the shipper. I immediately potted them all up and kept them in shade to get used to the heat here. The Bougainvellia lost all their leaves overnight and it took about a week for all the plants to get over their shock. The Bougainvillea had to be nursed along all thru August and sad to say one of them didn't survive but the other came thru beautifully. I have begun planting the Hibicus out this week and will be putting the remaining Bougainvillea in a hanging basket as I think it will do great there. I highly recommend this company and will be ordering from them again. I know you won't be disappointed and will find some beautiful plants you won't find anywhere else and at a great price.
Positive Fish_knees
Phoenix, AZ
August 16, 2009
I ordered 3 Hibiscus on Sunday and they were delivered on Friday. EXCELLENT packaging, great plants! Will order from them again ☺
Positive kimarj
(Kim) Philadelphia, PA (Zone 6a)
July 5, 2009
Nice healthy plants..packed well. Fast delivery They are small but I have buds already!!! Thanks!
Positive iris28
(dana)Owensboro, KY (Zone 6a)
May 15, 2009
im happy with my order . i got 3 hibiscus .they came fast . the communication was great . and the plants are healthy . they even let me add to my order with out a hassle or extra fee. thanks guys
Positive chuck7701
McKinney, TX (Zone 8a)
April 30, 2009
This company does stand behind it's products. Problems after receiving an order, cause may have partially been me. Sent a free replacement of the plants, and even tossed in a bonus. You can order from them with confidence.

Chuck
Positive colchie
Vashon, WA (Zone 8a)
February 16, 2009
Great selection and prompt delivery. The plants are small size of a typical 72 cell, but very healthy. One of mine had no roots, and I requested a replacement, which arrived in a couple of days, so they absolutely back up their plants.
For inexpensive starts, this is a great find.