The scoop on 'Belisle's Violet House'

Belisle's Violet House

Radisson, Wisconsin 54867-0111 (United States)

Comments:

Positive TerryMI
Saint Clair Shores, MI (Zone 5b)
March 5, 2011
My first order for trailer AV's arrived in fine shape last fall. Some starters are blooming now. Over all I am satisfied with my purchase.
Negative lilriver
Fairchild, WI
November 7, 2007
Sent emails twice with no response. Called and left messages. Also talked with a man who said he would have one of the ladies call me back. Once again no reply. Extremely poor customer service.
Negative loveviolets49
Saint Cloud, MN
June 29, 2007
I am still dealing with this company. They sent me another customer's order, along with that customer's credit card information. I called immediately and was told my order would be replaced and to send credit card information back to them. Put that information in the mail the same day. The customer that received my order, sent it to me. I received it 6 days after it had left the company. The plants were very small--many the size of a quarter in diameter.(At least half of my order was substitutions, but none of the substitutions I had listed.) I planted them and let the company know that they had arrived. I was told they would still replace my original order. I was sent an e-mail saying the order was in the mail. Order never arrived. I was told verbally the order would be in the mail, order again never arrived. I finally was sent an e-mail that stated that they would only replace the plants that did not make it. They also sent a wrong chirita. I told them about that also. After dealing with this mess for over a month, they finally responded and asked what they could do to make this better. I told them I want my original order replaced, not sent somewhere else and then to arrive at my home. At this point in time, they have not responded to my request.

I have dealt with many different companies, and I would say this has been a very unhappy experience.
Positive begoniacrazii
Northern California, CA (Zone 9a)
September 18, 2006
I placed my order on July 3rd and received it September 14. Not exactly timely. I did get a lot of cuttings where I had indicated plants, but for the most part I received everything I had ordered and no subs were sent.
Plants/cuttings arrived healthy and bug free that I can see. And I'm happy with what was sent.

I think this is a mom and pop operation and communication isn't the best. Phoning got quicker results than email for me.

Another thing to note is that I placed my order right about the time that the country had a heat wave and they wont ship when it's that hot. So considering that, I understand a delay.

Overall, I would recommend them, but call them FIRST, email doesn't seem to be a priority.
Positive jmr623
Hinesville, GA
August 24, 2006
I ordered 3 espicia plants by phone on August 17th. I spoke with a lady named Jeanne, and she told me straight away that one of the plants I was looking for was not available. She made a suggestion as to what would be a good substitute. I made sure my credit card wouldn't be charged until the order shipped. I was told that it would take a few weeks for me to get my order, but I actually received my plants on August 24th (exactly one week later). I had asked to have an e-mail sent when the order shipped, so I could be on the lookout. The e-mail was sent the day after the order shipped.

I just received the plants today. They are of a good size, they all have small stolens on them and they look healthy. I don't see any obvious signs of disease or insects. They were packed in plastic bags, with damp sphagnum moss around the roots, and the roots wrapped in saran wrap. I did not receive one of the plants I asked for, (they made a substitution) but I did receive a total of 5 plants and only paid for 3. The website lists the shipping and handling as $7.50, but Jeanne said that they have raised the shipping rates. However, they charged me the rate that was listed on the website.

I realize this company has had several negatives posted, but for me the overall experience was good. I will probably order from them again.
Positive Spider07
Lilburn, GA
May 11, 2006
The worse nursery I have dealt with. I placed an order by email and straight away was asked credit card details, without giving me the total. After giving my number to them they just ignored my phone call and emails.

I decided to cancel my order. Never again will be ordering from them.
On July 24th, 2008, Spider07 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Well, i decided to give Belisles another try and ordered 4 streps from them.

They are the biggest, healthiest streps I have ever bought online.

The shipping was also very fast and I got a lovely episcia as a gift.

I changed my mind and will be shopping there again.
Negative hotmama
Willow Springs, IL
December 10, 2005
To cut to the chase, I received a mislabeled varigated strep from Bellisle. I emailed to inform them and received a reply from Marcia Nov.14-05 asking if I wanted a refund or a replacement.

I opted for a refund since the shipping season for streps with them was many months away.

Despite several emails asking for my refund, I have had absolutely no reply.

I have always felt the best way to judge a company is by the way they handle complaints. Since nearly a month has gone by and I still haven't received a refund or an explanation why, I can only give a negative rating.
Negative lccntryrox
Westfield, NJ (Zone 7a)
July 26, 2005
I placed an order for a sinningia, 2 begonias and 2 hoyas. Although the catalog did not mention substitutions regarding hoyas, I was sent cuttings instead of plants. I was also sent a few bonus hoya cuttings. Now, I have unfortunately had little success with rooting hoya cuttings; that is why I ordered plants. I promptly sent an email regarding the situation, informing Belisle of my difficulty in rooting hoyas and that I had expected plants, since the catalog made no mention of substituting hoya cutting for plants; 9 days later I received a response simply with rooting instructions for the cuttings. One of the cuttings was too short to root, and shortly died; several of the other cuttings have already died. The sinningia and begonias were OK. I will have to find another source for the two hoyas plants I had paid for and expected to receive.
Positive wildflower525
Richfield, UT (Zone 5b)
August 13, 2003
My experience was wonderful with this business. I had heard allot of good about them on the net and so decided to try them out. I ordered a catalog and it arrived in a timely manner. I ordered and was very satisfied with the streptocarpus leaves I received. Nice healthy and no unwanted critters tagging along! I will order from them again next year but this time it will be for plants because they passed the leaf test with flying colors!

Thank you Belisle's for the wonderful service you provide!
Carlynn