The scoop on 'Flowers by the Sea'

Flowers by the Sea

Elk, California 95432 (United States)

Phone: 707 877-1722
Fax: 707 877-1721

» Like them on Facebook
This company offers a variety of bulbs and plants.

Company Comment, posted on May 6, 2009:
Our Plants Grow

Everything we offer for sale has been tested extensively in our research gardens. These are varieties that you can count on, from a source you can trust. We are proud of the quality of what we sell, and guarentee your satisfaction.

Comments:

Neutral scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC (Zone 8a)
July 31, 2014
Beautiful selection of plants and everything said here is true. But really the prices are out of reach for most people because shipping East of the Rockies is crazy expensive. $30 for two small plants.
Positive CindyZ4_5
Turner, ME
May 3, 2014
This was my second order from FBTS and I couldn't be happier. The plants are large and healthy and the packaging was excellent. Prices were reasonable, communication was top notch and shipping was prompt. Couldn't ask for more!
Positive plantloverkat
Houston, TX (Zone 9a)
April 17, 2014
I am very pleased with the plants I received from Flowers By the Sea several weeks ago. Most of the plants were much larger than I expected them to be, and all arrived looking quite healthy. I found their website to be helpful in selecting plants that are best suited to my climate. I will definitely order from them again.
Positive bryana
Albany, NY
May 9, 2013
I ordered 9 plants - mostly salvia that attract hummingbirds - they were all very large healthy plants despite a cross country trip from California to New York.
The plants had great root systems and were package with care.
One of the best mail order plant company I have experienced.
Positive Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY
May 3, 2013
Posted on June 19, 2011, updated May 3, 2013
Just found out about them this year and so glad I did!

Love, love, love their selections of Salvias and that's what I ordered! My order consisted of approx. 6 Salvias and I received a bonus gift of another Salvia! Very happy with my order and the speed of delivery!

First time ordering, but won't be my last!

On May 3rd, 2013, Marilynbeth added the following:

Today, I received a Huge box (my third order) of 21 Salvias! All were packed very well! All were in great condition!

This is the place to get your Salvias!
Positive vossner
Richmond, TX (Zone 9a)
February 24, 2013
I am extremely impressed with this nursery. In recent years I have stayed away from CA vendors as I have learned the $$$hard way that not all zone 9s are the same and many of the CA purchases have succumbed to the unforgiving TX heat.

Enter FBTS. Their plant descriptions are so detailed, that it helps any gardener, beginner to advanced, to make more informed selections. I especially like their website. Their plants are organized by several categories--color, use, cultural needs, etc. I wish ALL nurseries had their catalog in this format. Prices are reasonable, including shipping.

I got salvias that I could not readily find locally. Ck them out.
Positive bibbykitty
San Antonio, TX (Zone 8b)
June 27, 2011
Posted on June 27, 2011, updated June 27, 2011
Posted on June 27, 2011, updated June 27, 2011
Posted on June 1, 2011, updated June 27, 2011
I received my plants late yesterday evening, even after being in a box for seven days they look good. My fault it took so long, I opted for fed ex ground... Won't do that again!
The plants are all very large, the only small one was Lanceolata, which I believe is a smaller sage. I am pleased with these plants, and I have already placed a second order.

I would highly recommend Flowers By The Sea. They have a wonderful selection. I will definately look here first when wanting to add more salvias.

I love Flowers By The Sea! If you are looking for salvias look here first.

I have received 14 plants from here. They have all been outstanding and are growing wonderfully.

Positive syclone5
Salt Lake City, UT
May 28, 2011
My plants arrived in perfect condition. Healthy, well branched, and happy, as I am with this fine company.
Positive hummer10
Shawnee Mission, KS
April 24, 2011
Good healthy plants with strong roots. Good source for plants in the salvia family.
Positive Steveklein
Ocala, FL
May 13, 2010
Like other Dave's recommended suppliers, Flowers by the Sea grows quality, well-established plants; definitely worth the money in my opinion. A couple of my plants were damaged because of a late-season shipment, due to heat exposure in the box; UPS. The supplier shipped replacement plants via Express Saver (Federal Express) at no charge. For those of us living in the south (especially late season) I would recommend arranging to pay a little higher shipping rate in order to assure quick delivery via Priority Mail, Express Saver or some other dependable means.
Positive NoNora
Roslindale, MA
May 31, 2009
I love these guys! Don't be fooled by the limited selection on their website. They have a much more extensive listing they are working to get online and happily worked with me to put together an extraordinary selection of salvia I was looking for. So, for anything they carry, do ASK if they have something additional you should be looking at. And if you have questions about a variety they carry, they have great info and are happy to provide it. They really helped me sculpt my garden plans. There were some small communication and shipping issues, but the company was quick to respond and I am a very happy customer. Already placed my second order! Will return!