The scoop on 'Eden Brothers Seed Company'

Eden Brothers Seed Company

34 Old Brevard Road
Asheville, North Carolina 28806 (United States)

Phone: 1-877-333-6276

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive cyborg
Lansing, MI
October 24, 2014
I ordered the "Burst of Bloom" mix from Eden Brothers last spring, and was very happy with the results. My meadow never looked so good, we could see the blooms from our living room window and were pleased with the results. My wife and I are retired, and we enjoyed the time spent looking out at the flowers, we had never tried planting wildflower seeds before. We may try something new again next year, may be some poppy seeds as they are my wife's favorite, a little closer to the house this time.
Positive alejandra86
Austin, TX
October 6, 2014
My mom told me about Edenbrothers.com, as she had ordered from them and the seeds came quickly. I have ordered several times now, and each time the seeds arrive 3-4 days later, which is really nice. I usually order for my spring garden, but I just placed an order last week for lettuce seeds to grow this fall. It is now Monday, and the seeds arrived today, true to form for Eden Brothers. Ive always been happy with their service and will return again in the spring.
Negative Wolfdtim
Belle Mead, NJ
September 24, 2014
Ordered creeping daisy got creeping thyme. No customer service. Called and called no response. Still trying
Company representative comment on September 30, 2014:
On Sep 30, 2014 1:30 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

We responded to your phone message and called you back to apologize about the mix-up in the seeds. Unfortunately, this was just a simple human error where the wrong “creeping” seeds were grabbed and packed up for you. We advised that you could keep the Creeping Thyme seeds with our apologies and promptly shipped the correct Creeping Daisy seeds to you the same day that you reported the problem. We feel that we did everything we could to correct the error that was made as fast as possible.

Positive l_m_baker
Tempe, AZ
September 10, 2014
Living in AZ, I ordered zinnia seeds from Eden Brothers. I have actually planted zinnia seeds every year, but this is the first time I have ordered from Eden Brothers. The zinnia seeds came very quickly, I received them within a week of ordering, and the varieties I ordered have been such a wonderful addition to my garden. For the first time, I planted them within my vegetable garden and now I have beautiful blooms where my tomatoes once were. In the past my garden was empty at this time of the year, but now I have beautiful "Meteor" zinnias the size of my palm dressing up my garden. Each stalk has multiple blooms and the shade of shocking red in this variety of zinnia is incredible. Couldnt be happier with my purchase, thank you Eden Brothers.
Positive tburgos
San Diego, CA
August 27, 2014
I purchased Elephant Ears this spring from Eden Brothers. I had never grown them before, but have always wanted to try them. I felt compelled to share my experience with these bulbs because I truly believe I received some outstanding product. They came as large bulbs with brown papery leaves around them; the only life I saw in them was the fact that they were solid and showed some green in their lower half. I purchased much more than I should have, so I experimented with a few of them - planting some in the ground in full sun while others I have put in pots in full sun, full shade, and in filtered shade. It took a few weeks to see any life, but sure enough some green sprouts began to poke through! In all locations these bulbs have proven to do well! I purchased the upright variety and leaves are big, shiny and sturdy. Each day when I walk around my garden I check in on my several plantings and Im encouraged as they grow and unfold their leaves. I feel like I have a bit of the tropics in my own yard! I watched a video on how to transplant them, so as I prepare other sections of my yard, I will move them out of the pots and into a more permanent home. I will definitely look to Eden Brothers for my future gardening needs!
Positive DixieK1081
Alexander, NC
August 26, 2014
I just discovered Eden Brothers this year--their website is so pretty! I love all of the flowers I've ordered so far. Even though I planted the majority of my stuff a little too late in the season for our climate area (whoops! What can I say, life gets away from us sometimes!), everything is doing super-well. Sunflowers, Dahlias, Glads, Zinnias, etc! I feel like I've got to make room for a new bouquet everyday!
Negative Kylaluaz
Richmond, VA (Zone 7a)
August 20, 2014
I ordered a packet of Tarragon seeds from Eden Brothers. My fault, I did not check the variety when I bought them, thinking I'd do that later. They arrived along with a few other seed packets. I planted them and they germinated just fine in the seed starting pots.

Then I went to check the variety before locating them in my garden. The Eden website identified them as Artemisia dracunculus (Sativa). So I googled that to see what I could learn. Distressingly, I learned that that variety, the true French tarragon, does not produce viable seed. I further learned (not from Eden brothers) that the variety propagated from seed is actually Tagetes lucida, a marigold sometimes called Texas Tarragon. That is a nice plant and I hope that's what I have!

All this is fine except for the misidentification on the website, and the lack of data on the seed packet itself. I know enough that I should check these things in advance of buying! but honestly, as a customer, I don't have all the information, ever, but I do expect my suppliers to be honest and accurate in THEIR information and able to answer my questions.

Eden when I phoned at first gave me a "we are helping other gardeners" message, did not have a "hold" option, invited me to email or leave a message. I composed and sent an email and then called back.

This time the phone was answered, by a customer service representative who said she only knew "what is on the website" but that she had my email and would get back to me with an answer. I want to be sure I know what I have! and I also want the company to know they have an error on their website. And, as well, that they should be better prepared to answer a gardener's questions about a purchased product with accurate information.

Company representative comment on September 25, 2014:
On Sep 25, 2014 2:18 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hi Kylaluaz,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Eden Brothers and bringing this to our attention. We received your email and phone call regarding your concerns about the origin of our Tarragon seeds and immediately checked our information. Within 2 hours of your initial inquiry, we responded and let you know that unfortunately, the Tarragon on our website was accidentally labeled as "Artemisia Dracunculoides Sativa" rather than "Artemisia Dracunculoides" and that the website had already been corrected to reflect the change. We also issued a full refund for the price that you paid for the Tarragon seeds. We believe that we did everything we possibly could to respond to you in a timely fashion, correct the information on our website and resolve your issue.

Negative klitten44
Algonac, MI
August 19, 2014
In May of this year, I ordered 5 Scarlet Delight lily bulbs from Eden Brothers. Michigan summers are short, so when I received the bulbs, I planted them immediately, looking forward to how beautiful they would look on my deck in the Summer, or so I thought.
Well, one bulb did not grow or bloom at all. I was disappointed about that, of course. So, the other bulbs seemed to be growing nicely in pots on my deck in full sun. They were very tall and when I finally saw the buds, I couldn't wait for them to bloom.
As it turns out, Eden Brothers sent the wrong lily bulbs and I ended up with a lavender/mauve color lily! I could have found this type and color of lily anywhere, including any "big box" store! I was and still am angry and disappointed. If anyone has ever seen a picture of a Scarlet Delight lily, you would say " I have to have those, they're so beautiful. If you haven't seen one, you can go on their website and see what they are supposed to look like.
I contacted Eden Brothers (even sent photos of what I ended up with) and all they could do was give me a store credit. They would not refund my money. I told them I didn't trust their store and didn't want to purchase anything else from them. They still would not give me a refund.
I will never buy from them again and I encourage you to do the same.

Company representative comment on September 25, 2014:
On Sep 25, 2014 9:35 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Dear klitten44:
We are sincerely sorry that you received bulbs that did not bloom the color/type that was expected. Though few and far between, every once in a blue moon mix-ups like these can happen, as lily bulbs all look the same when they are in their dormant state.

We do stand by our posted Guarantee on our website:
http://www.edenbrothers.com/store/guarantee.html. Our policy for this situation is that we will either provide a replacement or a store credit for the amount paid for the items. Since we do not have Lily bulbs in stock, the only other option is a store credit. We provided a store credit for the entire amount of your order--$18.60 right away, as well as many apologies over the phone when you called.

Positive greenygal65
Greenville, SC
July 17, 2014
I have been gardening for 35+ years now and love to work from seeds. They are cheap, usually easy to grow and make me feel like I created something from (almost) nothing.

Eden Brothers has been my supplier for about 5 years. I never reviewed them as I usually like to spend as much time as possible in my garden and not on a computer but doing some research on Dave’s Garden for some planting advices, I thought I would take the time to let my fellow gardeners know about this company.

I was surprised to see some negative reviews but I can only speak for myself. My experience has been nothing but positive. The germination of each variety I have bought and planted from these folks has been excellent. I think at this point I have tried more than 100 varieties of flowers, herbs and vegetable seeds from them and none disappointed me in any way. Almost as important, the prices have been generally competitive and I managed to get free shipping almost every time. Shipping has been fast too – usually within 24H. My biggest pleasure dealing with this company though is the choice. I find new varieties all the time. Stuff I have never seen elsewhere. Recently I tried a variety called Turkish Tulip Poppy which gave absolutely stunning and unique flowers, quite different from the usual red corn poppy.

Ordering so many times from this company, I know that my positive experience was not just luck. I have had consistently good experiences for the last 5+ years ordering from them. So, yes, I would definitely recommend this company to anyone who loves gardening!
Negative Gfred1
Tucker, GA
July 15, 2014
If I had read the reviews posted here about Eden Brothers I would not have ordered their overpriced peony tubers. Besides arriving in late Spring, of the 10 tubers received, 3 were broken into pieces. 2 of the plants have sprouted and are growing normally (10-12" high now), 3 other plants might survive, 2 plants are 2 inches high after 3 months of growth and 3 plants never sprouted. Many hours of preparation of the planting bed, soil additives and sweat. Their response was to give me a credit on a future purchase of $11.
Negative Bowmore38
Glendale, AZ
July 9, 2014
I was seduced by the constant barrage of "SUPER AWESOME SALE!!!" emails that Eden Brothers sends to its customers. I concede that there were some really great deals.

My first order was for seeds and 10 dahlias. I don't really care what shipping method is used for seeds as long as the packaging protects them. The dahlias are another story.

Sure, the box was labeled PERISHABLE. But it also took the slow boat to China UPS route. The poor dahlia "clumps" were actually hot to the touch when I unpacked them. Nothing like heat and organic matter combined to turn a box into a little portable composting furnace.

Nine dahlias looked great. The tenth one was a single "finger" with the rest of them broken off. The broken off ones were really skinny and tiny. I don't know much about dahlias, so I didn't really know what to do. There was nothing in the instructions about how to plant a "clump" that had undergone a radical amputation of its lilliputian appendages. I planted it anyway, arranged similarly to the other ones. We shall see if it lives or dies.

I was confused about something during a free shipping promotion, and I got a quick email response. Score one for Eden Brothers. I decided to order a bag of Autumn Mix sunflower seeds. No problem. Seeds are sort of hard to screw up.

The next super-duper sale was buy one, get two free. To their credit, they quickly answered my questions about the sale. Thus, even though I had not yet received my first or second order, I ordered ten daylilies (plus twenty free), and fifty gladiolas (plus 100 free). Once again, they took the Pony Express route, but most of the daylilies looked all right, with 10+ of the little roots. However, three of them had four or less root thingys. I really wish we could post pictures here, because they really were shockingly tiny. Once again, I planted them, not really coming up with any better plan.

The glads, of course, were fine. They're pretty indestructible.

Next, I had a question about some zinnias that were listed as SOLD OUT, and the quick response was that they honestly didn't have any more. No problem. I ordered my Cactus Zinnias from New England Seed. Score two for Eden Brothers.

Then I got notification of the sale to end all sales. 82% off all remaining spring bulbs! I love a bargain, so, despite the issues with dahlias and daylilies, I placed two big orders. That's when the fun really started.

The first order, placed June 30th, included 25 Asiatic lilies. I got those on Monday the 7th. Oddly, there were only 23 in the bag. The rest of the order is still in transit, probably using a caravan of camels or something.

My other order included 20 daylilies, since I thought maybe the second batch wouldn't include any "runts." I know, I know. Fool me once, fool me twice, and all that, but at heart I am a perennial optimist. I will never know how that would have turned out, because on Monday the 7th, the day of the missing Asiatic lilies, I received an email telling me that all the daylilies were sold out, and they were sorry for any "inconvenience," but I would get my money back in 7 to 10 days.

Fabulous. I wonder a) why they sell what they don't have, and b) who was worthy enough to get my daylilies. Someone who had been a customer longer, perhaps? Someone who spent more money? Enquiring minds want to know.

Anyway, I'm curious to see what the stagecoach brings when they deliver the rest of my orders. Kind of done with those "irresistible" prices that give me a pain in the dupa, though.
Negative nedcgardener
Washington D.C.
United States
June 13, 2014
I purchased two varieties of iris from Eden Brothers for a total of $50. There were 5 corms of each type at $25.00. I purchased them specifically because they looked to be a reputable company and felt at that price, the quality would have to be decent.

I planted them within two days of receiving them. I planted all 10 corms in the same place and in the same location. The 5 corms of the one type all started growing and appear to be doing well. The other 5 have not grown at all and have turned to mush. In my mind, and I have been gardening for 43 years, there was something wrong with the one variety, the way it was packaged or handled, or whatever that caused all 5 to fail.

I sent them an email stating this problem. Instead of replacing or fully refunding the bulbs, I was sent an email saying I needed to provide photo graphic proof. I sent pictures showing both the 5 that were growing and the 5 dead and rotting corms. They responded back with the following, "Thank you for sending in pictures of your growing area. We are so sorry that you did not have success with the "Blue Icing" variety of the Tall Bearded Irises. It is very strange that none of them have come up for you and we have had no other complaints about this variety. According to our product guarantee (which can be viewed here: http://www.edenbrothers.com/store/guarantee.html) we promise to provide to our customers the finest and freshest product available. This means when the products arrive to you, they will be in peak condition, fresh and viable, ready to plant. What happens after they are planted is outside of our control and there are many factors that can affect their success.

That being said, we do want all of our customers to have the best chance at success possible, so we will issue to you a store credit in the amount of 50% of your original purchase for the bulbs that did not perform. This credit will be sent you via email within the next 7-14 business days in the amount of $11.50 and can be used on any future order."

I think this is really horrible customer service. I had also purchased bulbs of a different type of plant from Michigan Bulb. I had two of them not grow. I sent an email and they sent two replacements, no questions asked.

All I really wanted here was some really nice Iris bulbs for my garden. I really feel I was sent 5 bulbs that were dead especially since I planted 10 bulbs the same way in the same place at the same time. Why would 5 of one variety all live and 5 of other variety all die? I don't want half the value of my purchase for another purchase at their site.

NEDCGardner
Company representative comment on June 13, 2014:
On Jun 13, 2014 2:47 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hello NEDCGardener,

Thank you for your review of Eden Brothers. We are sincerely sorry for the misunderstanding regarding your shipment of Blue Icing Bearded Iris. We have made an offer, prior to receiving this review, of a full refund on the selection that did not perform. We look forward to receiving your response via email so that we can complete this offer for you.

Negative korina
Moscow, PA
May 2, 2014
I will not order from you anymore, and let my fellow gardeners know what the scam you are.
Instead of peony tubers got garbage.
I have hundreds of peony plants on my property and you have a nerve to say that whatever you send me are tubers with multiple eyes. Shame on you!
Shipment ID: M-1-126860-2-1
Company representative comment on June 13, 2014:
On Jun 13, 2014 2:48 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hello Korina,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Eden Brothers. When we received your initial complaint regarding the Peony Tubers you received, we asked for a photo to help confirm the quality of the items you received. The photo submitted to us showed healthy tubers, with viable eyes. We assured you that these tubers were of good quality and advised to plant them right away. We also advised that if for any reason you were dissatisfied with the products you had received from us, you were welcome to return them for a full refund of the purchase price. We did not receive these tubers returned, so we can only hope that you chose to go ahead and plant them, and are experiencing success.

Negative BillGreenLawns
Rodney Village, DE
March 4, 2014
Ordered 25 Iris rhizomes, Never received them. Eden Brothers stated they sent them and it's not their problem. No help in replacement. Spent 78.00 for these plants and I'm out 100% of that money and nothing to show for it. This company is not interested in you. Do not support them. Buy from a grower who will back their products. They are a "shipping" or "Online" grower and problems happen, and obviously they aren't willing to accept that fact. I spent time asking for their support, but they won't help me, and I suspect they won't help you either.
Company representative comment on March 18, 2014:
On Mar 18, 2014 12:53 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hello Bill,
Your order was placed with us on October 7, 2013. It was shipped on October 11 and confirmed delivered by FedEx on October 12. You would have received a shipping notice from our company when the order left our warehouse that would have provided you with a tracking number and order details. Your next contact with our company came on March 3, 2014 via email, in which you stated that you never received the shipment. We are extremely sorry for this situation and the inconvenience. However, since your only contact to let us know of the issue was five months after the incident, there is unfortunately nothing we can do. If this contact had come back in October, we would have been able to investigate the situation and been able to work with you to find a solution. All of our items are clearly indicated on the website, shopping cart and email confirmations, as to which season you can expect them to ship in and all items on your order were for Fall Shipping.

Positive zootshoot
Greer, SC
October 14, 2013
I just received my order on Friday and I am so impressed I had to write a review which I never do. The order came lickety split and everything looks fresh. I think the order took 3 days from start to finish - the fastest I have ever had. I ordered tulips and crocuses for planting now and they look great! I also got some wildflowers whcih I may plant in the spring to be safe.

I am now a big fan of Eden Brothers and will surely order from them again.
Negative TheDahliaLady
Ventura, CA (Zone 11)
September 23, 2013
Posted on July 20, 2013, updated September 23, 2013
I am a commercial dahlia grower in California. I have a lot of demand for the Cafe Au Lait dahlia. We supply many weddings as well as flower wholesalers all summer. I ordered 400 Cafe Au Lait from Eden Brothers and anticipated great sales as well as happy buyers. As the plants grew we also took cuttings to increase stock. A lot of cost goes into that process with labor, heating, water and lights. So far 150 of the puny pot roots have bloomed and they are not Cafe Au Lait. Worse yet they are White Perfection which is anything but perfect. The company said they would credit me as each wrong bloom appears but have not credited my cc. My account with them is "locked" so I guess no credit there. I not only do not have this variety to sell to wholesalers I have had to back out of all weddings this summer. Not only a crop loss, a credibility loss. Not happy.
Ann Dunstan
Love House Dahlias
On September 23rd, 2013, TheDahliaLady added the following:

After a terrible experience Eden Brother's did finally give me a full refund for the botched order. My business and credibility loss is huge.
Positive chk
Fallbrook, CA
July 24, 2013
What a great growing season you have given me! Every time I go outside I marvel at the many and beautiful blooms your dahlia bulbs are producing. I am new to dahlia growing and did not know what to expect or even how to properly plant them but by following the advice I was given by your company, they are all growing beautifully and prolifically. I also planted strawberries which I expected to hold off on giving berries till next year since I planted them rather late, but they actually gave us some good berries this year! I am looking forward to more next year. My mini pumpkins are already producing; so much so that I think I will be sharing them with the neighbors for their fall festivities. And best of all was the wildflower mix I purchased for my daughter's wedding! We gave them out as favors which everyone loved, and the ones I have planted myself are so beautiful. I go out everyday to see which new flower has come up for me to admire.
Thanks so much for your wonderful products! I plan to keep on using your company for my gardening needs and I will be telling all my friends and family about you.
Negative rodwoodard
Cumming, GA
July 11, 2013
My issue was simple. I ordered Calla Lily bulbs and they sent gladiolus which were labeled as the lily bulbs.

I planted, mulched and watered the bulbs lovingly only to have them come up and not be the plant I wanted or that fits well where planted!!!!

They gave me a refund, but imagine if it had been you and you planted the bulbs and have to wait an entire year to replant before your vision can be realized.

Very disappointing.
Company representative comment on July 31, 2013:
On Jul 31, 2013 2:48 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Mr. Woodard, we spoke with you regarding your order on July 5. At that time you expressed your concerns that an item you received had been mislabeled. We sell a Pastel Mix of both Calla Lilies (which you ordered) and Gladiolus (which you accidentally received). During that phone conversation, we requested a photo to confirm the mix up, but assured you that a full refund for the incorrect selection would be provided. We are sincerely sorry for the error but we did immediately offer a refund for the product received, with our apologies for the inconvenience. It was simply an honest mistake that could have happened to anyone, but is actually very rare for our company. A refund for the full amount of the selection was posted back to your credit card on July 11. We feel we have done all that we can to correct this issue for you.

Positive PaxEtBonum
San Diego, CA
June 21, 2013
We live in an apartment out west, but my family and I visit friends in Murphy, NC, whenever money and vacation times allow. Even though we’re obviously there for the friends, I’d be lying if I didn’t say their flower garden has become another thing to look forward to. What a stunner! Everything in it is apparently from Eden Bros. Seed Company, and the lilies are especially stunning and always there to meet us whenever we pull up over the summer. They have all kinds of them, but the most unforgettable are the big white Casa Blanca lilies, which they say are "dependably perennial." The plants now have up to 16 flowers on each tall stem! The red Star Gazers are just as fantastic, but on shorter stems. There’s also a lot of hostas, canna lilies, big clumps of Purple Coneflower, and a bunch of others a city-dweller like me can’t remember. Hell, they’re even growing some vegetables from Eden this year.

All I really wanted to say is that Eden must be doing something right, because all of those flowers/gardens just get better (and bigger!) every time we’re there. So thank you again for splashing our friends’ lives (and our visits) with such a rainbow of color. If we ever make it out of the city, it’s Eden Brothers seed we’ll be planting. Guaranteed.
Negative bjl110
Pleasant Grove, OH
June 20, 2013
I ordered both the Darwin Hybrid Tulip mix and the Electric Asiatic Lily mix from Eden Brothers Last year. When the flowers bloomed this year it was quite evident that they were not mixes and were just the bulbs that they needed to get rid of. Not that in the sense that the flowers weren't beautiful, they were, and the bulbs were quite nicely sized when they arrived. However, out of 50 Darwin hybrid bulbs 40 were the same two varieties, with the other ten being 8 of one variety and two singles. Not my idea of a mix. The "mix" of 10 lilies was comprised of one single kind. By definition, not a mix. I wrote poor reviews on the companies site and was offered 50% of my money back, which I consider very fair. They said in the email that they "couldn't guarantee any color scheme", which is understandable. However, this was never said on the site, wasn't so much about the scheme as the lack of a good mix, and in the case of the lilies I was just charged more for a "mix" than the all electric orange bulbs that I got. I really just wanted a sorry and some new bulbs, which is what I got. Awesome. I considered the matter closed, and *was* still going to do business with them, just being sure to avoid the mixes this time.

*BUT*

When on their site looking at some other bulbs (I plan to plant crocus all over my small front yard this Fall), I went to go see if anyone else had a similar experience, since all of the other reviews had been glowing. Well, I found out why they have such great reviews. Even though I checked to see if my negative reviews warning of their mixes were posted a week or so after I made them, and they were then, but they sure weren't there now! I can think of no other explanation than that they scrubbed the review after they reimbursed me. I'd have been happy to amend my review or something of the sort, saying that they handled the situation very fairly. However, to act like the mistake just didn't happen is not the way to handle it. It is misleading and just plain wrong. I'll use my gift certificates that I have, but don't see myself doing much business with them after that. Not cool Eden Brothers. Shame on you for scrubbing your site and giving consumers a distorted view of your business.
Company representative comment on June 21, 2013:
On Jun 21, 2013 3:08 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Dear bjl110,

You are correct when you say the review you posted on our site has not yet been published. Our system allows us to delay posting so we can try to solve our customer’s problem in a satisfactory way, which, in your case, we did.
Once in a while, the bulbs in a bin are not mixed properly and a customer ends up with very little color variation, which is what happened to you. We offered 50% of your money back so you could, should you chose to, order different colors to add more variation next season. As you mentioned in this review, this was quite fair.
We therefore felt your “issue” was not an issue anymore and marked it as “resolved”, so it did not post for that reason only. Should the issue remain, please let us know and your review will automatically post in 48 to 72 hours. Thank you.

Positive gonnabeacatlady
Casa Grande, AZ
June 3, 2013
I've been buying from Eden Brothers for a number of years now. I live in a very difficult growing area, and have to be brought down to earth occasionally about what I can and cannot successfully grow. I have had many other online dealers tell me "oh sure, if you do this and that, you'll be fine with this plant, flower, whatever". Eden Brothers brings me back to some semblance of reality, (greatly overrated, btw) and gently but firmly won't sell me things that simply are going to break my heart...along with my budget. They have some of the best customer service I've ever known (they really DO pay attention to those little notes .....I KNOW beyond any doubt they do! ) and I'm old, picky, and getting crankier every year. The ONE time I had an issue with an order (it didn't include a "bonus with order" type thing, it was handled and then some.
I have had fantastic results with their Cosmos and Zinnia mixes, and Burst of Bloom wildflower mix, as well as veggie seeds. This year I have crazy amounts of green beans from my tiny side yard plot!
As I type, I have a shipment on the way....lots of lovely herb seeds that are hard to find sometimes. I make herb gardens for my friends who like to cook, and Eden makes it so easy to pick and choose what I want, when I want.
Love these guys.
Absolutely love them!
Positive JackBillingham
Portland, OR
May 30, 2013
I have been very happy with my many purchases from Eden Brothers. My vegetables have become the pride of my neighborhood and I'm almost reluctant to share my "secret" with my neighbors, LOL.

This year I branched out more and also added flowers into the mix. Their customer service was very helpful with the questions I had, and I'm happy to report that everything I planted so far has grown nicely.

I highly recommend this company.
Positive qfiles
Livermore, CA
May 28, 2013
I have been planting seeds from Eden Brothers for the past few years now and love the quality. Always get good germination, and now I depend on them for my vegetable garden.
Negative Ignored
Greensboro, GA
May 15, 2013
I ordered and paid for begonias on April 18th., from Eden Brothers in GA. After receiving no product and no shipping details from them, I contacted them by email, without response. I then called them and was told the begonias would now ship from NJ the following week. No begonias received even ten days after the latest promised ship date. I contacted them by email, again. No response. I called them during regular business hours, again, and had to leave a message. I then emailed them yet again asking them if they intended to honor my paid for order. If not, refund me my monies. No response. I emailed them once again and informed them that I would have to take action for fraud on their part. Still no response. This is definitely a supplier to be vary wary of doing business with. I will never ever order from them again, obviously, and I will pursue legal recovery of the monies paid. Arrogant disregard of the customer is never acceptable if a company wishes to stay in business on an honest basis.
Negative kimmac
maywood
United States
May 1, 2013
Posted on May 1, 2013, updated May 1, 2013
I ordered bare root Phlox plants and they were tiny and more like "dead root" Phlox. No responses to my email or from the plants. Do not waste your money and time on these people!
On May 1st, 2013, kimmac added the following:

I have finally received an email and the company was very cooperative. I chose replacement plants and hopefully will have better luck this time around.
Company representative comment on May 2, 2013:
On May 2, 2013 10:06 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

We are sorry the Phlox roots you received did not grow well. As you know, roots are fragile and occasionally can get damaged in transit. A new bag of Phlox is on its way to you as we speak. We trust these new roots will do better and be to your satisfaction. We remain available should you have any question and hope we have resolved this claim appropriately.

Positive Flowergirl82
Balfour, NC
April 24, 2013
I have had nothing but good experiences with Eden Bros. I have placed 4 orders and each of them has been shipped promptly. Last spring I planted both seeds and bulbs and the results were excellent. These guys are my go-to company for my seeds and bulbs. I have recently placed a large order with them and I look forward to more good results.
Positive daisy71
Asheville, NC
April 15, 2013
Posted on July 19, 2011, updated April 15, 2013
Last fall I ordered a significant amount of seeds and bulbs from this company. The seeds (a zinnia mix and a wildflower mix) arrived within 4 days after I ordered them. The bulbs came a liitle later, on time for planting in my zone (i live in NC). the bulbs looked great - big and firm- and both seeds and bulbs produced amazing bloom this spring My neighbors have been commenting on the beautiful and very numerous flowers now in full bloom in my garden and I gave them the name of Eden Brothers. I am very satisfied with the quality and service provided by this company. I will order again from them this fall.
On April 15th, 2013, daisy71 added the following:

I have been ordering from Eden Brothers for the last 2 years now. All in all, I have placed a total of 5 or 6 orders I think and have been satisfied with them all. I don't think of myself as a very easy customer to satisfy but so far so good. Eden has had a good tracking record at shipping on time, their prices are fairly competitive and germination rates have been excellent. I am a huge fan of Zinnias and Eden Bros offering can't be beat. I am ordering some Dahlias now and will post my findings once they grow. Hopefully Eden Bros will continue to keep me happy.
Negative Kxmulli
Los Angeles, CA
April 13, 2013
I took a chance and placed a first order for several items. Big mistake.
1- Seeds had no dates, no weight, no planting instructions.
2- peony roots were shipped poorly.
3-When I sent them pictures, they agreed the products were inferior. In writing.
4- they made re return process as difficult as possible.
5- they refused to refund shipping, even though they admitted they shipped inferior product.
6- they still haven't refunded my money.

Don't do business with Eden Bros!
Company representative comment on May 8, 2013:
On May 8, 2013 9:29 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Upon receiving customer’s photos, we did notice that the peonies did not have as many eyes as described on our site. We immediately offered to reship a new bag of peonies free of charge. Customer chose a refund instead which we provided in the form of a check as customer’s credit card was expired so the refund did indeed take a little longer to reach its recipient.
Last, we also reached out to the customer in order to find a satisfying solution to her complaints but have not heard back from her.
At this point, we believe we have done everything in our power to resolve this customer’s issues but have not been successful. At Eden Brothers, we strive to offer the best service and products at the lowest prices possible and are sorry this particular situation could not be resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.

Negative nicomyth
Toccoa, GA
April 10, 2013
Posted on August 18, 2012, updated April 10, 2013
Posted on July 10, 2012, updated August 18, 2012
I was not able to afford plants this year so I looked to order seeds. Eden Brothers had very good quality seed. I think I placed the order in the winter months. They were quick to send the seed, giving me more then enough time to plant. I live in Georgia and the heat can become intense early, making seedlings struggle to get established. I would say the viability of the seed I purchased was at least 90% germination. So often that is not the case from other vendors. It was obvious that the seed I received was fresh. I will use them again in the future.
On August 18th, 2012, nicomyth changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

I am not sure how I feel about this company now. I want to say that I am still happy with most of the seeds that I bought. (The orange bell peppers were wonderful) However I cannot recommend the cosmos "Bright Lights" seeds. I ordered a 1/4 lb and wish I had simply bought a packet. The flowers have never bloomed. I emailed Eden Brothers and the response was, as I understand it to be, there is no guarantee on seed. I have grown this variety before (from Burpee's catalog) and it has grown and bloomed. These grew into 4ft huge plants but never produced flowers. It is mid- August now. So I have to remove them. I don't think I will use this company next year.
On April 10th, 2013, nicomyth changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

It would seem that this company does not care about their customer after the sale. After reading some other negative reviews I must tell you that they are believable. I never did receive a good resolve on my issue with the Cosmo seeds. Eden Brothers sent me a standard email response of "Other customers have not complained of any problems with these seeds. . " Which I find slightly amusing since I found another comment to the same affect online regarding these same seeds. . . Hmmm. So I have decided not to order from them this year. Even though the germination of the seeds was great the customer service is non-existant.
Negative bmbranno
Avra Valley, AZ
March 10, 2013
I have given this company plenty of fair notice that I would post a negative email comment if they chose not to respond to two previous emails I have sent them in the past several weeks. They have yet to respond but were very willing to take my $115.90 when I ordered from them (February 5, 2013). My complaint is simple (beyond their very bad customer service when it comes to responding to complaints), they only gave me 5 Black Beauty zucchini seeds, 7 Crookneck Squash seeds, and a pathetic 9 Acorn Table Queen seeds. I simply asked them to be professional enough to respond to their emails in a timely matter (if at all), and to explain why I received so little of these seeds. I am constantly doing reviews as a professional online for Amazon.com, Yahoo, Hubpages, google +, etc. and to be honest, this company clearly does not care about anything beyond receiving payment for their product. Beyond that they cut the customer out of all contact. Poor customer service is every bit as detrimental to sales as no customer service, and so far Eden Brothers has indicated they really don't care what the public thinks when they failed to respond to the two previous emails I've sent them giving them more than enough time to remedy the problem. I would not recommend this company to anyone considering the vast number of other options available, and am surprised that Eden Brothers can stay in business with such terrible customer relations. It's situations such as this that damage the credentials for all online sales, which is a shame considering there are numerous other retailers online who offer superb service and respond readily to all email through their hotlines. I can't imagine them providing a rebuttal as they haven't replied at all so far. It'd be a shock if they did at this point. And to work things out? Really? Why should it take you as a liaison to work out something they could have provided all along? What's the point in that? All they had to do was simply respond. Instead they continue to send even more emails pushing their products. Why would I buy more from a company that cannot communicate with dissatisfied customers? And if they cannot handle the vast number of emails then they need to expand on their hires to cover that area as well, which I suggested in a previous email to them.
Positive kblazey
Minneapolis, MN
February 7, 2013
I recently placed an order for the upcoming season, great prices and quick delivery. I really like the large variety of seeds offered, I bought some things I've never heard of and am excited to get planting this spring! Will definitely be back for more!
Negative pddrake
Centerville, SC
January 28, 2013
Eden Brothers flat SUCKS! I asked a single question before purchasing and they were far too busy to answer. Ordered from Sustainable. WILL NEVER order from Eden. Caveat Emptor.
Company representative comment on May 8, 2013:
On May 8, 2013 9:33 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

We here at Eden Brothers sincerely value our customers and we do our best to respond to all emails and voicemails in a timely manner. Mr. PDDrake's email was sent on a Friday afternoon, during a very busy time of year here in our warehouse and we are not in the office during the weekends. He received a response shortly after with a detailed answer to his question. He was also thanked for his efforts to help improve our site by bringing our attention to an additional area of information to be included on the product listing.
We do regret that we are not able to answer emails immediately upon their receipt, but they will always be answered as quickly as possible. We also provide a phone number on our site for more immediate service.

Negative TrinityRanch
Macdoel, CA
October 25, 2012
The LOOP THE LOOP IRIS said #1 rhizome on Eden Brothers site.
Notice in their reply they refer to them as TULIPS>>
Below is the Answer to my E Mail:
We have not heard of any similar complaints on the quality of the Loop The Loop TULIP so I do believe that you were sent a product in good condition.
_______________________________________________

I was looking for more kinds of Kale and came across Eden Brothers and signed up for their Ads.
When I received one it had FREE shipping so I decided to try them. I ordered the kale and a few other things and then looked at the Iris and found Loop the Loop, they were a few $ cheaper than Schreiners Iris Gardens and came in a group of 5.
Each year I order a lot of Iris, If the name is a Schreiners Iris then I can usually count on it.
These IRIS were NOT #1 RIZOMES they were teeny tiny and sent in a plastic bag w/ no air in a sealed box. They were NOT worth planting before shipping and worse after being sent that way. Nothing on the box indicating live plants, so they were stuck in the mail box.

Sent: Friday, October 5, 2012 10:39 PM
Subject: Your Receipt Order Number: 78065 1 Bearded Iris - "Loop The Loop" - Bag of 5IRWH 101-3845 -qb5 $19.99
PLEASE PUT MY PHONE NUMBER ON PKG W/ A NOTE TO CALL, I live on a Ranch far from Post Office
_____________________________________________
The reason I stated in the E Mail that their Cust service was good is because I called to add more Iris to the order and they promptly called me back. I wasn't available and it shipped before I got back to them, Thankfully or I would have a lot more of these NO GOOD IRIS RIZOMES.
I would NOW SAY THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS BAD
_____________________________________________
My E Mail to Eden Brothers
Subject: IRIS ORDER
Your Customer service is good but that doesn't make up for such poor quality plants.

This Very small package has caused me GREAT inconvenience trying to locate it.
1st. the tracking didn't work.
2nd. It didn't state it was LIVE PLANTS so it was put in my mailbox.
Then after all the hassle I get it to find these SMALL half dead Iris in my mail box. The mail lady called me to say she had found them. They always call me if I have LIVE PLANTS.
I WANT A REFUND.
____________________________________________
Answer to my E Mail:
Positive fred40
Middletown, NY
July 6, 2012
Last year I ordered 1lb. of their "Burst of Bloom mix", and I was very impressed, but not every variety came out, flower newbie me didn't understand that half the mix was perennials. The small area I planted was wiped out by Hurricane Irene which badly flooded my property. Even so, this year the patch is beautiful from dropped seeds perhaps. So this year I worked hard to clear about 10,000 SF of tall grass at the back of my yard. Cleared debris and then rototilled twice, no lime or fertilizer. Smoothed out by dragging a weighted pallet. This time I ordered 5 lbs of their "All Annual" wildflower mix. I seeded the plot on April 21st. By July 1st, the plot is the MOST incredible display of color and beauty I have ever seen! Everyone is amazed at how stunning this wildflower field is! The price, service, shipping, and quality of this product is unbelievable. I will order from this great company every year, thanks Eden Bros!!!
Positive dcamz31
Country Walk, FL
June 20, 2012
Posted on June 13, 2012, updated June 20, 2012
I have been growing orchids for quite some time. While I don't see myself as an expert, I do have a basic understanding of how to grow plants and keep them alive. I decided to purchase a decent amount of bulbs and seeds from Eden Bros in the hopes to have an abundant supply of flowers for my wife, and as something to do with my kids.
My order of Lily and Cala Lily bulbs arrived on time, however, I had concerns with several of the bulbs as they appeared simply sub-par. I contacted Eden Bros and even sent pictures of a few of the items I was concerned with. The people I spoke with stated that they would be just fine. I will circle back to the Cala Lilies in a moment. Out of the five blackout Lily bulbs, all grew wonderfully. That was the best and most satisfactory experience with these bulbs. Out of the five white Lily bulbs, one grew amazingly while two others grew not so well and the other two have yet to produce anything. The bag of mixed colored Lilies have yet to mature into anything looking promising. Now, the Cala Lilies, the ones I sent a picture of, which Eden Brothers charges $20.00 for produced two, count them two decent looking yellow flowers. Bulbs I was promised that would grow just fine. When I called the company and expressed my doubt that these would actually be productive, I also asked about a satisfaction guarantee. The person I spoke of stated that there was no guarantee, and that they will "on occasion" consider replacing items, IF they are sent back, and IF the company feels like they should do anything about it, they MIGHT issue replacements.
I have place a few phone calls to Eden Brothers and have not been able to get anyone on the phone.
I had looked at several different growers and all seemed like they had something I wanted, but decided to go with Eden Brothers as I was making a large order that would ship for free. Now I regret that.
On June 20th, 2012, dcamz31 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Since writing to Eden Brothers, we have received an outpouring of support and consideration. Several emails have been exchanged which reflects a complete antithesis of my initial experience with the company. Eden Brothers has offered to replace the products which have not produced the desired, or quality results the company promises. We are looking forward to future business with Eden Brothers and will certainly post additional raves about this company as our relationship and garden grows.
We are also members of a church which is under renovations and plan to add a garden. Hopefully we will be able to post some pictures in the future of the success of this project.
Positive Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK (Zone 4b)
May 4, 2012
Posted on May 4, 2012, updated May 4, 2012
Posted on March 13, 2012, updated May 4, 2012
Posted on March 13, 2012, updated March 13, 2012
I ordered 10 mixed begonia bulbs, 1.25". I received them timely but while the package said 'qty 10' I only received 5. I sent them an email on March 9. Waiting for a reply. At first I was a little disappointed in the tiny size of the bulbs, but then reread and determined that they were about the size specified. I had bought some locally at a much higher price ($3.95 to $4.00) but they were 3-4" across and budding. I paid about $3.00 each for the Eden Brothers bulbs so I guess I got what I paid for in size. Will let you know their response on the missing bulbs.
On March 13th, 2012, Oberon46 changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I heard from Eden Brothers today. They are sending the missing bulbs. Can't complain about that. Am looking forward to how the bulbs perform.
On May 4th, 2012, Oberon46 changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

Well, here it is May 4th and no bulbs. I am sure it got lost in the shuffle and I am not inclined to spend time chasing 5 bulbs. Not a big deal but I won't order from them again.
On May 4th, 2012, Oberon46 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

That was amazing. They called me just now, only minutes after the above post and were wonderfully nice. They offered me 10 bulbs and profusely apologized for having somehow missed the 5 bulbs back in March. I told them that the 5 would be fine and I could understand in the rush of spring and all that 5 little bulbs could easily be missed. I was really impressed with the sincerity of the apology and concern that my little order didn't make it timely. Most certainly will look at their seeds and bulbs again next spring.
Positive dlaurence
Richmond, MO (Zone 5a)
April 19, 2012
Ordered several rubrum lilies, dahlias and astilbes. Prices very reasonable--cheaper than eight other competing vendors (including a popular auction site); shipping free. The lily bulbs, in particular, were the largest size I have ever seen in any lilium (ranging between 18-20 cm), let alone a species lily.
Neutral desert_witch
Lucerne Valley, CA (Zone 8a)
April 5, 2012
I recently made a decent sized online seed order from EdenBros. I shopped only in their "Heirloom" section as I am primarily interested in heirloom, open pollinated seeds. When I began to catalogue my order (adding my entries to my journal here at DG) I discovered that one of the varieties of corn seed that I purchased from them, "Silver Queen" is in fact a hybrid that will not set viable seed. Having already done a bit of research regarding the definition of "heirloom" and finding that it varies a bit I called EdenBros to inquire.
The young woman I spoke to was polite and helpful and said she would look into it and get back to me either by phone or email. I received an email the next day, the text of which reads:

"Thank you for your order with Eden Brothers. I have gotten some infomration for you regarding our Silver Queen Corn and the heirloom/hybrid question. Silver Queen is a Hybrid Sweet corn, however, it is a very old hybrid. The Silver Queen was hybridized in 1955. Everyone has their own definition of heirloom - for our site we use 50 years - a seed has not been modified within the last 50 years and we consider it a heirloom. Other people use 80 years, 100 years, etc. I hope that this gives you more information
and do let us know if we can further assist you. "

Although I did find their explanation acceptable (regardless of the fact that in the main the definitions of heirloom I found elsewhere on the web stated that an heirloom should be open pollinated or listed as an "heirloom hybrid"), I am finding myself leaving them a "neutral" rating because as I further catalogued my seed purchases I discovered 2 more seed varieties that they sold me as heirloom, that did not meet their own stated minimum of being at least a 50 year old unmodified hybrid.
Positive Karlorr
Phoenix, AZ
February 6, 2012
Much of what I learned from the customer service rep was new to me. I'll admit it - I'm a rookie. (but I'm learning quickly!) She took the time to carefully explain things in terms that I could grasp. I'm sure I wasn't a delight to deal with. I can't hear very well and I called back numerous times. I was extremely pleased with the customer service & the speed in which my order arrived. I'll let you know how good the firework show is when they bloom! Count me among the happy customers of Eden Brothers.
Positive DeepSouth1972
Dahlonega, GA
January 14, 2012
Nothing but good things to say about Eden Brothers. Great service and great results. Keep up the good work!