The scoop on 'Seed Empire'

Seed Empire

Bellevue, Washington 98008 (United States)

This company is affiliated with OVM Seeds

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies and seeds.

Comments:

Positive NYNativeGarden
Huntington Station, NY
June 18, 2009
I bought some Love in the Mist seeds 5, 000. There turn around time was great but the cost of shipping was higher than the cost of the seeds. I sent them an email through the Amazon site they are on and they did not reply. If I had realized that there shipping was so high I would not have purchased the seeds from them but another vendor on Amazon. The seeds were $3.99 but the shipping was $4.69. I think that they should have alerted me to this as I was purchasing it. I requested a partial refund of the shipping and handling charge and they did not reply ..... so far.
On June 21st, 2009, NYNativeGarden changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

They responded and took care of the situation to my satisfaction.
Positive debbies_dirt
Robert Lee, TX (Zone 8a)
March 14, 2009
What great service, ordered my seed on 3-10-09 and it was mailed out the same day and when it got here yesterday they even had enclosed a 10% off reusable coupon. Will be ordering from SeedEmpire.com again.
Positive loveblossoms
CA
United States (Zone 8b)
March 9, 2009
Super prices and selection. Excellent communication. Well-packaged and prompt delivery. If you only order a single packet of seeds, shipping is rather excessive, however if you order in larger volumes and quantities the shipping can be considered a bargain perhaps. I'm happy.
Neutral ZenSojourner
Fairborn, OH (Zone 8a)
February 24, 2009
I have to add a comment regarding shipping costs. I don't know who the original poster eventually bought her seeds from, but shipping costs at other seed sellers are generally higher than 4.05 plus 15c for each additional seed packet, especially when you consider how much other companies are charging for seed.

Burpees: 6.95 for up to $15 worth of merchandise, 8.95 for $15-$35 (average seed packet price $3-$6)
Park: 2.95 for up to $25, 4.95 for $25 to ? (average seed $2-$4)
Pinetree Gardens: 3.95 for up to $20, 6.95 for $20-$50

Since most seed at this company is HALF the price or less than what you can buy elsewhere, the shipping costs are actually quite reasonable. If you do buy $50 worth of stuff, it's free, none of the above give you that option. Giving them a negative based on shipping costs alone is unwarranted.

I'm in the process of buying this season's seeds, if I end up buying from these guys I'll amend this report accordingly.
Negative GardenQuilts
Pocono Mountains, PA (Zone 6a)
February 13, 2009
I was impressed with their selection and prices of herb and flower seeds but their shipping was much too high for shipping seed packets. Shipping would be over $9 for a $25 order. They offer free shipping for orders over $50 (i.e. 50 seed packets at $0.99 each). People making large orders or buying in bulk may want to check this company.
On February 19th, 2009, lorilynnand added the following:

I am writing an addendum to my original message. I send this company a private email at the same time that I posted the first review. I received replies to both as follows:

Dear Lori (via private email),

Thank you for your request.

Lori, our S&H charge for US is $4.05 first item and $0.19 each additional. If your order is $50 or more, we ship for free. How many items did you have in your cart?

Lori, we have a special promotion for you - if your order is $25 or more, we will refund 50% of S&H charge. Please let us know if it works for you, and we will email a code which you will use during checkout to get 50% off from a regular S&H charge.

Regards,

Dear Lori (via Dave mail),

Thank you for your feedback.

Lori, your satisfaction is our goal, and we regret that you have any negative experience with ordering. If your order would be $25.00 or more, we would like to offer you a 50% off from our regular S&H charge. Please contact us if it works for you, and we will send a code that you will use during checkout to get 50% off on S&H.

We also would appreciate, if you could revise your negative feedback. Our goal is to provide a quality customer service and maintain our reputation as a reliable supplier.

Do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

I replied as follows:

Thank you for your response to my email. I have already ordered seeds from another source. I still think that shipping prices of $4.05 first item and $0.19 each additional item are too high for mailing seed packets. Your company seems to offer good values on seeds, especially on bulk amounts and large orders. Other companies seem to offer better deals for small order customers like myself.

I am choosing not to revise my rating. I still believe that their shipping costs are too high. I can't comment on the quality of their seeds because I didn't order them. If the company desires customers with small orders, it should lower its shipping rates for small orders for ALL customers, not just offer special pricing for customers who complain.

Lori Lynn