The scoop on 'Lake Superior Tree Farms and Nursery'

Lake Superior Tree Farms and Nursery

39425 Us Highway 41
Chassell, Michigan 49916 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-863-4720

Visit Lake Superior Tree Farms and Nursery at:

Comments:

Negative cimmonz
Barrington, NH (Zone 5b)
June 14, 2009
On 5/12, I placed my order for 2 astilbe plants ($7.99 ea plus shipping $7.10=$23.08), and then contacted the Lake Superior Tree Farm to ask about the possibility of adding lavendar and if there would be a shipping break.

Rather than answering my question, they responded that they added lavendar to the order ~ 25 of them for $29.95 and sent me an invoice. I should have known then that this was going to be a difficult process.

I didn't want the hassle of asking for less lavendar plants or to dicker about shipping rates; i figured i could find a place for the lavendar along our border and maybe I would be pleased with having this much of it.

On 5/14, I paid the total invoice $61.53 immediately upon receiving via paypal.

On 6/9, I contacted the seller to ask for status of the order which still hadn't been received. The response was that there are no more astilbe, and my order had not been shipped because paying thru paypal took too long and they only ship on mondays so they forgot my order.

I was refunded $7.99 for 1 astilbe on this day, and the remaining lavendar was shipped.

On 6/10 I informed them that I had ordered 2 astilbe, not 1, and asked to please refund the overpayment. They promptly responded, "I will be refunding that to you today! I didn't mean to short you! Just couldn't find your original order in the stack of 100's we shipped."

On 6/13 I received the lavendar. I contacted the seller to confirm receipt and remind that the additional refund of overpayment has not gone thru. The response was, "Hmmm...very strange, i refunded right away too! ....Also, so we are on the same page....I owe you for 2 orders of astilbe, in the amount of $7.99 each correct?" ...and that they'll get back to me on the 16th when they return from the weekend.

On 6/14 I provided this summary to the seller to help them get on the same page.

SUMMARY:
~ i should only pay for the lavendar ($29.95) and its shipping
~ I paid $61.53 on 5/13
~ you refunded $7.99 on 6/9
~ total I've paid is $53.54
~ please refund overpayment 6/16

I want to end this long, complicated, effort-filled process or ordering 2 astilbe from Lake Superior Tree Farm. I'm very disappointed in their business practices and service. Hopefully this will be resolved soon, and the lavendar plants will do well. I will never order from them again.

update 6/14: I just received an additional $9.99 thru paypal from LSTF. Total refund so far is $17.98 of the $23.08 due me.
On June 19th, 2009, cimmonz added the following:

update: June 17th received remaining refund. Plants are all showing good life! ..but i'm still disappointed in service and will not order here again.
Positive nanajoanb
Chapel Hill, NC
May 30, 2009
I just received my order of 4 Weigela 'Dark Horse' and am beyond surprised. The plants were HUGE for the price and had an entensive root system. They were just breaking dormancy, and I anticipate a wonderful growing season for them. Will certainly return to this company in the future.
Positive AnnieRose
Interlaken, NY (Zone 5b)
May 4, 2009
Very impressed with size and condition of all 5 bare-root shrubs I ordered. Excellent communication. Received a wrong plant; notified Wendy. She responded with a hour or so and promised to send the correct one -- which she did. I felt prices and shipping costs were very reasonable. I would not hesitate to order from here again.