The scoop on 'Oregon Grown Nurseries LLC'

Oregon Grown Nurseries LLC

7200 NW Mount Lake Way
Vancouver, Washington 98665 (United States)

Comments:

Negative Ripped0ff
n/a
Canada
July 31, 2013
Oregon Grown Nurseries sent me trees that were in exceptionally poor condition, but I was optimistic when they offered me a full refund (excluding shipping costs). I returned the trees and from that point on, the seller would not respond to any communications. To date, I have received neither the refund nor a response.

Sounds like this company/person has not changed since Iris_Place's review in 2010. Stay away from this seller!!!
Neutral cbellwood
Central City, KY
July 14, 2012
I found out that this nursery is now selling under the name "Japanese Maples and evergreens" by the tags on my Japanese Maples that I ordered from them. Not impressed with this company at all. See my comments on this nursery under Dave's Garden The scoop on Japanese Maples and Evergreens.
Negative pmichener
Byesville, OH
May 20, 2011
Ordered several items from this company via ebay, including Japanese Maples and evergreen and conifers. All were substantially smaller than items received from other mail order companies, including their ebay competitors. Items received from Mapelstone Ornamentals, Acer1987, and New Life Nursery all put this company to shame. Big selection of rare items, but not as robust as other suppliers..
Positive plantrobot
Midlothian, VA
February 22, 2011
I have had two orders filled with these folks, one in January and one in February. I went back for more! The plants were exactly as described, arrived healthy and in excellent shape. I found the shipping charges to be very reasonable and the nursery shipped quickly using USPS Priority Mail so the plants didn't sit around burning up in a warehouse somewhere. Many of their plants are grafted so I checked the roots of the understock. EXTREMELY well-developed and healthy, lots of white feeders. A few of my selections were cuttings and the roots of these plants too were well-developed.

I must admit I was reluctant to try these folks they being an Ebay seller, but I was happy that I did after two purchases. They have some varieties that are hard to find. And did I mention the prices are reasonable, provided you keep your wits about you during the bidding period and consider the TIME of year you order? Good luck. Hope you'll be as pleased as I was buying from these guys.
Positive 1moretree
Bethel, OH (Zone 6a)
January 18, 2011
Ordered a Phyllostachys Spectabilis from them (via ebay sale) and a Pleioblastus Viridistriatus. The company offers a reduced shipping cost for multiple auction wins. They were packed well and arrived in good shape. The Spectabilis was taller than listed (about 4 foot vs 2 ft) and very green and healthy looking. The Pleioblastus was a little shorter than listed (< 1 foot vs 1 to 3 foot) but still looks good and I suspect it has decent rhizome growth since there's a tiny culm/leaf tip emerging from a pot drain hole.
Positive watchdogal
East Hartford, CT
September 17, 2010
Purchased a 2-3' HIGASAYAMA Japanese Maple from them last week and it was exactly as described with good packaging and fast shipping during the week so it didn't sit in a PO for a weekend.. Very Happy with purchase....
Negative gobbleman
Sweetwater, TN
May 10, 2010
I ordered my plants from this company on ebay(the nursery is an ebay based nursery). They have beautiful stock, and very hard to find plants. The plants arrived in dormacy and looked very good. I planted them, and they never grew. I understand that this can happen from time to time. But four out of five never grew one leaf, and the fifth one was an evergreen that turned brown. I have over over 100 species of plants in my gardens. I have ordered many times through the mail with success. I know how to get plants to grow. So, I thought there may have been a problem with the shipping. I contacted the nursery. Several emails through ebay, several through the website, and even several through the forums that the nursery is a part of. No reply to any of them. I had paypal contact them on my behalf. They did not reply to me or paypal. I know the nursery sells a lot of stock based on the ebay feedback. If you order, just do not expect any support if something happens.
Positive joannjoann
Riverside, NJ
April 21, 2010
excellent communication. ordered the chocolate summer mimosa. not quite 3ft tall. leaves are banching. tree was packed very carefully. little concerned about the pruning but am sure it will be fine. i had a very good experience
Negative Iris_Place
Saint Charles, MO
April 16, 2010
Do not buy from this company, they sent dormant trees a few inches tall that never come out of dormancy, refused to reply to my emails, total ripoff.
Positive Debbio
Clarkston, GA
April 11, 2009
I live in zone 7.

I just received my order of Daphne Carol Mackie. The plant description was true to form, packaging was superb, plant also arrived healthy and ready to plant. Even my husband commented on how good the plant looked. He and I both are now looking at other items to order.