The scoop on 'Earthworms 4 Sale'

Earthworms 4 Sale

Neutral SM19
Hartford, CT (Zone 6a)
May 7, 2014
Posted on April 30, 2014, updated May 7, 2014
On April 23, 2014, I ordered and paid for 1 pound of red wigglers. April 28 was my first inquiry about the order, as I had not heard from Earthworms4Sale at all. I placed a call, but their number was defunct, so I emailed them a second time on April 29 and also tried to contact them via their "Earthworms4Sale Contact Form"--no response. On April 30th I emailed them to cancel my order and refund payment. Since I had not heard from Earthworms4Sale, I ended up ordering from another company, a company that has been very helpful, forthcoming, and professional--The Worm Dude. It's slightly more expensive, but well worth it--in this case, you definitely get what you pay for.
On May 7th, 2014, SM19 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

After phone calls to PayPal and my cc co., I actually received my order on May 1st. I got no heads-up from Earthworms4Sale that they sent the order--no email, no phone call, nothing. I happened to discover the package sitting on my doorstep. When I opened the box, one or two had escaped the pouch that held all the others (in fact, as I opened the box, I unwittingly sliced one of the escapees). I fully expected to see a dead mass of worms, but lo and behold the worms were alive, active, and healthy! I was indeed impressed. The order came with directions on how to care for the worms, and they continue to thrive in my worm bin. So for the quality of the worms, I give Earthworms4Sale an "A+," but their customer service and business practice rate a "poor"; hence I'm moved to change my rating to "neutral."
Positive KayeArnold
Seagrove, NC
December 27, 2012
I ordered red worms on Friday, 12-14-12. They were shipped the following Monday and I received them on Thursday in excellent condition. They have the best prices I could find, so I will order from them again.
Positive JWWC
South Bend, IN
May 20, 2010
My order of worms arrived this afternoon. They were happy and wriggling around upon arrival. They are now at home in my bin. The whole transaction was quick and efficient.
Positive KJinFF
Lexington, KY
August 4, 2009
Excellent communication, fast shipping, and worms arrived fat and happy. A+
Positive rvaneperen
Riverton, UT
March 18, 2009
I just made a purchase of some worms and while I can't yet comment on the product and service, I did want to say that the shopping experience was very good. The product line and prices were very good. The web site was easy to use and checkout was a breeze. If they deliver a good product on time, and stand behind what they sell, they will have a perfect score from me. I'll comment again once the order is completed.
On March 27th, 2009, rvaneperen added the following:

I just received my worms, and they look great, they are all alive and active. I would definitely do business with them again.
Positive dmcarte2
Clayton, NC
March 11, 2009
Got the worms fast and healthy. Good communication. Will do business with again!