The scoop on 'Ohio Heirloom Seeds'

Ohio Heirloom Seeds

277 Deer Meadow Dr.
Gahanna, Ohio 43230 (United States)

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive BValley
Glendale, AZ (Zone 10a)
July 12, 2014
Thank you for such great service. My order was shipped in a padded envelope and arrived quickly. Thanks for taking the extra step to assure everything arrived safely. Can't wait to get started planting. Thanks again.
Positive gardenwheels
Athens , NY (Zone 6a)
July 1, 2014
Excellent range of varieties, very good prices, and nice hobbyist-sized packets. (Only Pinetree Garden Seeds is their match for this.) Very fast shipping, swift & polite communication over one glitch (mine, not theirs). I had great germination on all the seeds I got from them. This will continue to be my primary source for vegetable seeds.
Positive ColoHusker
Denver, CO (Zone 5b)
April 2, 2014
Ordered a variety of seeds. Order arrived quickly and seed quality has been very good. Will definitely use again!
Positive armorer
Boardman, OH
March 11, 2014
Ordering seeds was easy and shipped the same day as placed order. The seeds I ordered were in stock and was good value for the money.
Positive OhioHydro
Cumberland, IN
July 20, 2013
Ordered 22 different sets of seeds. Mike had a great variety of seeds and with the fast shipping and seamless ordering we'll be ordering from him time and time again!

Jeremy
Ohio Hydro Farm
Positive theorganicfanatic
Buckhannon, WV
April 15, 2013
This is a great person to order from. Very quick shipping. Great customer service and went the extra mile.
I really appreciate the quality of seed as well.
Positive janisemom
Clarksburg, OH
February 13, 2013
I ordered a dozen types of seed from this company on a Sunday, and received them on Wednesday. Granted, I live in Ohio, but I was still highly impressed with the speed. I was also amazed by their prices. You get many more seeds per packet from Ohio Heirloom Seeds than from most other heirloom seed companies which charge twice as much. I only wish they offered more types of vegetables. Then I would be able to order all my seed from my home state.
Positive mudbugs56
Monessen, PA (Zone 6a)
April 26, 2012
Very pleased with the seeds & quick shipment - Recommended highly!
Positive TimothyT
Winston Salem, NC (Zone 7a)
January 21, 2012
Have dealt with Mike for years and always end up putting in multiple orders per year.

Excellent service, very quick shipping, good bang for your buck, very good germination %

Positive trent2210
Columbus, OH
January 5, 2012
I ordered seeds from Mike in September and have had excellent germination with all varieties. Several questions sent were answered promptly and thoroughly. Highest rating!!!
Positive tbarry
Vevay, IN
December 12, 2011
Posted on December 7, 2011, updated December 12, 2011
I have had a very positive experience with Ohio Heirloom Seeds. I had ordered seeds on very little sleep and made a mistake in the amount of money I should have sent. Mike wrote back to forget about it and would send the order out anyway. I had already sent out the correct amount and ordered a couple more things so I didn't expect him to pick up the difference. My point is that it was very generous of the company to make this offer to a first time orderer. I will continue to do business with this company in the future and tell my friends to do the same.
On December 12th, 2011, tbarry added the following:

Recieved my order with large amounts of seeds in each pack, lightning fast delivery, great prices and really nice people to do business with. What more could you ask for?
Positive hatchingbunnies
Gilbert, AZ
November 16, 2011
Great prices on some hard to find tomato varieties. I ordered from several companies on the same day, I received my order from them first. Very generous with their seeds.
Positive risingcreek
sun city, CA (Zone 9a)
October 8, 2011
great prices, low shipping, generous quantities. excellent germination. very fast delivery. will definately buy more from them.
Positive sawmillbrook
Millerton, NY
March 25, 2011
Easy ordering, easy pay, low cost and super fast shipping. Seeds packed well and good quantity for very reasonable price. Look forward to getting them started. Thanks.
Positive onedaylily
Hilliard, OH
January 19, 2011
I ordered on a holiday Monday and had my seeds on Wednesday. Very reasonable seed and shipping prices for a generous number of seeds. I'd order here again.
Positive TheFluffyOne
Aurora, IL
January 6, 2011
I ordered seeds on NewYears day (Jan 1st) the seeds were in my hands on Jan 6th. Astounding. The owner responded to e-mail queries prior to the order very promptly and was extremely helpful. I'll report back on germination rates. And then again on my thoughts on trueness to name. One word of caution, the packaging is very plain vanilla, so if you do not know how to grow the plants you order etc be prepared to look on the net. And that is not a complaint, I would much rather have lower priced quality seeds than crap seeds in fancy packaging. One other thing, the website is a bit out of sync with the order page, in that there are more varieties offered than actually appear on the variety page when you go to order. And some of those selections are awesome and rather hard to find. Awesome service on the order!!!
Positive mbrinkm
Portage, OH
March 12, 2010
I ordered 19 different packets of seeds from Ohio Heirloom Seeds on a Monday evening and had 18 of them in my hands by Thursday morning. They had run out of stock of the 19th packet and refunded me for that missing item as soon as was possible. They also provided me with a link to purchase the seeds that they were out of from someone else; something that is highly commendable in my opinion.

I chose to purchase these seeds from them because of a heirloom gardening article in "Country Living" magazine that listed them as a resource and their positive ratings here. I plan on making future purchases from Ohio Heirloom Seeds because of this experience.
Positive marcop
Plover, WI
February 7, 2010
I ordered a variety of seeds from this company--lettuce, spinach, carrots, basil etc and I agree with other reviewers: more than reasonable prices ($1.29 per packet), extremely light shipping costs ($1.99 no matter how many packets you order) and prompt service. Even more amazing than all this is the following incident. I e-mailed the owner that I was sorry his Buttercrunch lettuce seed was out of stock since it is my favorite vegetable. He replied by saying he would have a supply soon and would send me some! What an amazing fellow!
Positive anniesgranny
Pasco, WA
February 2, 2010
One of the best for price (seeds as well as shipping charges), quality and customer service. I ordered all my pepper seeds, as well as lettuce seeds, from them for 2009. The order was filled promptly, the seed germination was excellent, the plants all grew strong and healthy. This year I'm using leftover seed from my 2009 order, but Ohio Heirloom Seeds will be my #1 choice again next spring.
Positive brandie21
Tucson, AZ (Zone 8a)
January 18, 2010
I purchased some tomato seeds from Ohio Heirloom Seeds through Ebay and I was impressed with how fast they arrive. They were well packaged and I am quite happy with my purchase.
Positive keelmt
Huntsville, AL
January 18, 2010
I ordered seed for Brandywine and CP tomatoes, basil, and both red and golden CalWonder peppers for the 2009 season. Price was quite reasonable as was shipping. Seeds arrived promptly and were plentiful. Germination was excellent (tomatoes both 100%) and they all grew to be healthy plants. I am entirely satisfied with both product and service and will definitely order from this company again.