The scoop on 'Misty Acres Nursery'

Misty Acres Nursery

2600 Howell Rd
Lake Park, Georgia 31636 (United States)

Phone: 229-740-3409

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

Comments:

Negative mransbot
Gainesville, GA
June 6, 2011
Mr. Daniel is a sorry person. We have a claim aginst him in Lowdnes County Magistrate Court and we will win. We have a collection attorney already working on his and his family's assets. What makes some people so disonest and sorry, I have no clue.
Negative dmremtp
Honea Path, SC
May 30, 2011
Man oh Man...I wish I would have done my homework better on this one. I ordered 40 blueberry bushes and 20 blackberry bushes from Warren back in March. He missed the first shipping date, so I contacted him and asked him to postpone shipping for a week because we were going out of town. He said he was going to ship them on April 5th...well it is the end of May, and still no plants. He will not return emails or phone calls at this point. Now I see why...I guess that was a $150 lesson learned the hard way.
Negative Fred1007
Polk City, FL
April 19, 2011
I like everyone else, wished I had known about this website! I purchased Blue berry's as well as Blackberries from Misty Acres in January 2011
I finally received the Blue Berry's but never received the Blackberry's.
Being it is now April 19th, I sent a PayPal invoice for my money back as someone else on this forum advised. So I will see if I get my money or bushes.
To make matters worse, the Blue berry's were for me and the Blackberry's were for my neighbor as he gave me the money for his order and I never got his bushes. Made it look bad on me, yet it wasn't my fault.
Fred Smith
Florida
Negative mistyacres_scam
Winder, GA
March 18, 2011
DON'T BUY FROM MISTY ACRES NURSERY ITS A SCAM! wish we seen all the negative feedbacks about misty acres before we purchased some blueberry & blackberry plants from them in Jan. we spoke with mr.warren daniel before we purchased via paypal (he sounded like a nice old man) in Feb. we emailed, called, left messages over & over again and no one from misty acres ever got back with us. we just wanted a update on our order. by the time we seen the "scoop on misty acres" 45 days had gone by and we could not dispute the charges on paypal but, they said we you send them a "request for money" (for the amount we paid them with a note to cancel the order) no matter how long ago you paid misty acres, if you never got your money back you to can "request money" via your paypal account or now you can send them an invoice. the more people that do this, the more of a pain in the butt it will be for them to scam anyone else and maybe paypal will see this is a scam and refund everyone's money. we have turned them into the BBB and sent word about this scam to local news man Randy Travis to see if the I-team will check into it and get us some answers and maybe our money back. we started getting upset when we could see they had enough time to be on craigs list everyday but wouldn't take the time to return our email. after sending the money request & asking them to CANCEL our order via paypal we got a message saying they would try to get them out that week. that was 3 weeks ago! DON'T BUY FROM MISTY ACRES NURSERY ITS A SCAM! i hope we don't need to take a trip to see mr. warren daniel and get our money back! worst customer service ever.
Positive lharris01
Marion, AL
March 9, 2011
I placed an order with Misty Acres answering an an ad on craigslist . on 2/10/11. Warren was very polite and took the time to answer all of my questions very clearly and in detail, and offered information that I needed to know and didn't think to ask.

Then, after finding negative reviews on this site I became very concerned and filed a dispute requesting a refund to my PayPal account. In addition I tried to contact him by phone on the number and left messages on his voice mail. When I spoke with him and voiced my concerns he was again very polite explaining that he had a lot of orders and my order would be filled as soon as possible, however he would refund the money to the PayPal account if I preferred. I did want the plants and I left the conversation with a pending order.

On 3/4/11 the blueberry plants were delivered by FedEx in very good condition. These are very nice plants and much better than I expected to receive from any mail order company. In fact, I believe it would be very difficult to find plants to rival the size and condition for twice the money at any mail order company or even at a local garden center.

I'm very happy with my order and a little ashamed that I didn't have more confidence. From this experience I would recommend purchasing from Misty Acres.
Negative rogergay44
Hartsfield, GA
May 5, 2010
He is now saying he is Scott Daniel--5/3/2010
Negative Bluegrower
Lillian, AL
December 12, 2009
I tried to deal with Mr. Al, Wayne, Warren, Daniels whatever his true name is, and have to say he is a scam artist. He finally did deliver part of our order, 100 blueberry plants, that were crowded together 50 to a gallon sized container. We had to cut them apart tearing up the tender roots and they were over 2 weeks late. Luckily I paid through Paypal and got my money back after he agreed not to send the other 900 plants. Now I get a letter saying he wants to be paid or he will take us to court. Last spring I offered to pay for the 100 plants we received but he never would ok that amount and did not contact me again. I also found out that the plants were still a patented variety and his nursery at the time was not licensed to sell them. Now he wants to charge a licensing fee and for the delivery costs of the other 900 plants which he sent to us anyway and we refused delivery of and sent back. Since he uses different names I want to warn other gardens to watch for his nursery's address in Lake Park GA. before buying any plants from it. Check with the Univ. of GA. as they have had serveral complaints sent to them about him.
Negative JAGS21
Jacksonville, FL
May 29, 2009
I want everyone to know I got ripped off too.
They were very nice on the phone...I wanted to speak with someone before I put my order in. So I called and had a great conversation about blueberries & grapes with Warren. It was Thursday afternoon March, 18, 2009...Warren said, "If you can send the $65 by PayPal today I can mail the plants to you tomorrow morning... we package the plants every Thursday night otherwise you'll have to wait a week". So I sent $65 by PayPal .... so I could plant them that weekend.
When I called the next week I spoke w/Warren again and he said 'he was trying to get some grape vines from his neighbor for me'.
It's been over 2 months and still no blueberry plants....
I've emailed and called them several times...and no response. I've contacted the Police dept in Valdosta, GA and left a message with the detective someone mentioned in their post but he never returned my call.
So, the scam continues...
My son and I may have to go visit Misty Acres...We'll stop by the police dept first. I hope we don't have to make that trip but they shouldn't be allowed to get away with theft and fraud!
Neutral muskogeecounty
Muskogee, OK
April 17, 2009
I talked with Warren about the delivery problems, this was apparently his first experience with Craigslist and he received far more orders than he could have anticipated.
I tried Craigslist to sell some Items in Oklahoma and had the same unanticipated overwhelming response.
I believe after talking with him that he is sincere and working very hard to fill all the orders. I am still waiting on my orders but believe he is working as hard as he can to fill them and certainly am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt instead of trashing his company.
If you ever started a business, you know sometimes stuff happens that you learn from, and believe this is the case with Misty Acres.
I think some of the Rabbiteye varieties he is working with hold promise for many areas and hope he is able to overcome the problems this year and get caught up.
If I was close enough I would volunteer to help him get caught up but I am going to give him a chance. I do not know him personally and have never met him in person but hope he can pull out of this backlog and get the help he needs to stay on track.

On June 26th, 2009, muskogeecounty changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

I'm afraid I'm about to give up also. I did talk to Warren once after my other comment and he said he would ship the plants and email me a tracking number. Didn't happen. My last comment was in April , I ordered in February, now it is 100 degrees here and you couldn't ship plants anyway. I really wanted to believe him and am really disappointed. He doesn't return phone calls or emails. Part of my living comes from a small blueberry patch and even if he came through and sent plants this winter, I have lost a year of growth. I may have lost my money as well.
Positive KenPen
Camden, TN
April 17, 2009
I ordered 200 plants and received twice that amount. Warren is very polite and is trying to do his best and fill the orders in a timely manner. I myself own a retail nursery and know the trials of shipping large orders out of state and meeting deadline. There are only so many hours in a day and with the weather situations we have had in the south over the last few months, I can feel his pain and understand you can not make everyone happy all the time. Like my grandmother always said, "unhappy people are always looking for a reason to be unhappy and happy people don't need a reason". I see no point in ruining a man's business over a few blueberry plants and waiting a month for delivery.
Negative rippedofftoday
Celina, TX
April 14, 2009
I must add to the people that have experienced problems. All Warren, with Misty Acres Nursery, does is make excuses. He blames everyone and everything but myself, and then has the nerve to say that he is not dishonest. Some things that can be done. Google the company profile of Misty Acres Nursery LLC. You will see that they are incorporated with the State of GA, SIC # is 5261. NAICS registration is for Nursery, Garden Center, and Farm Supply Stores. It is registered under Warren Daniel. Email Linda Gordon, Blueberry Licensing Contact at lwatkins@agr.state.ga.us. The local Police Department were you can file a complaint can be reached at 229-559-7470 and their fax for documentation is 229-559-7499. Cheaters need to be shut down.
On April 29th, 2009, rippedofftoday added the following:

If he is working so hard, then why didn't he offer to refund our money to make things right. He did not offer to send me plants or my money. All he said was that he was not dishonest. Yes, he may be trying to run a business but why would an honest person want to start a business on the backs of other people that did not buy his plants to donate to the cause of his business. Bottom line is that I "bought" his plants in good faith that he would send them to me. All I got were excuses. No plants, no refund, nothing. I want my money back and he will not give it to me. How much more dishonest can you be than that!!!!!
On May 26th, 2009, rippedofftoday added the following:

Well, here it is Memorial Day and I am still waiting for the blueberry plants or my refund. I guess when he.......... freezes over I will get one or the other. Yeah, Warren, you sure are honest!!!!!!
Negative brentmobley
Orlando, FL
March 31, 2009
Well I guess I took this scam..I should have googled for comments about Warren Daniel 2400 Howell Road Lake Park. Ga .31636.
I payed them for $89.00 worth of plants(blueberry) for shipment to Orlando. For one month he has been giving me bogus UPS numbers and promising to ship.. I have tried for almost one month to have my plants shipped. No luck..
I have started a complain with paypal and hope to receive my money back. I sure that I can kiss that money goodbye.
These people will take your money and run and hide...
I repeat do not send any money to this company in Ga.
Mr.Brent
Negative atlnative
Atlanta, GA
March 24, 2009
Warren was very knowledgeable on the phone and was a nice guy to talk to. I found him on Craigs List and Paypaled $175 on March 5th to the address he gave leisa71@bellsouth.net for 21 Blueberry Plants and as of March 24th 2009 all I have is 21 empty holes dug, several promises but no blueberry plants. My money is very tight and I was planting this patch for my elderly parents so this is very much a bummer.

On April 30th, 2009, atlnative added the following:

Still no refund.. Call Detectice Priddy with the Lowndes County GA Sheriffs Department if he has taken your money.
On May 27th, 2009, atlnative added the following:

Still no refund, no contact, no nothing....
Negative ReneesBerryGarden
London, AR
March 18, 2009
Do not order blueberry plans from Misty Acres Nursey in Georgia (Warren Daniels, owner). This operation is a scam! They'll take your money but will never send your plants (in our case, they even created a phony tracking #).

On May 19th, 2009, ReneesBerryGarden added the following:

I did eventually receive some plants from Warren; quality was extremely poor (plants were obviously dug prematurely and included many rootless twigs). Plants were received six weeks late, and I only received one of the two varieties I ordered (Alapahas were not included; I learned, after the fact, that Warren is not licensed to propagate this variety although he did take payment). These plants were not field ready; I placed them in misting beds and some did survive.
However, I'm hesitant to place them in the field this fall--nothing was labeled, and maybe these plants are Vernons and maybe there not. Given Warren's track record, who knows!
Negative twigsnberries
Titusville, FL
February 27, 2009
I just want to let everyone to know about this company. I ordered and paid for my 100 plants with paypal, after waiting almost a month and making multiple calls and emails about my plants I received them. I did not get what we had talked about on the phone, It was 12-15 plants jammed into a one gallon size plastic bag. The plants were ok, but blueberries have very fine roots and separating them severely damages the roots, I was not able to plant these and the vendor does not want to take them back. Do NOT ever buy from these guys, they use craigslist to sell. buyer beware!
On May 14th, 2009, twigsnberries added the following:

I still have not received a refund, I will not return the plants intil I get my money. I have notified florida foundation seed producers that he is illegally propagating patented varieties, he can deal with thier lawyers and see what happens to his business. I have given them some of the stock Warren DanielIsent me, they are doing a DNA test to determine if he is propagating illelgally, there are patent fees due on these plants he ripped me off with. think the two positive comments were created by Warren, the members have not added anything else to there profile, just the comments about his nursery, seems kinda strange to me its all they contributed.