The scoop on 'Chilly Palm'

Chilly Palm

3107 York Farm Rd
York, South Carolina 29745 (United States)

Phone: 1-888-427-3972

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive cstart
Richardson, TX (Zone 8a)
February 24, 2013
Posted on April 7, 2012, updated February 24, 2013
Posted on January 20, 2012, updated April 7, 2012
Posted on May 14, 2011, updated January 20, 2012
I placed my order for a 7 gallon brazoria on April 25th and received it May 13th. Sean immediately returned my call to check the status. Honestly I expected more than a spear leaf and half a frond after looking over the example picture, but this was probably sizeable before shipping. It looks healthy and the root ball is massive.
On January 20th, 2012, cstart changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

The size and health of the plant as a whole really cannot be beaten. While it didn't arrive with a even full leaf, the bottom line is that I haven't found any other online seller to ship such a healthy plant (root ball or otherwise) of this size for the price. My brazoria slowly but steadily grew in 2 full leaves during the single most brutal summer of my lifetime. I will order again after I decide there is more space to fill in the yard.
On April 7th, 2012, cstart added the following:

I can genuinely say that ordering from Chilly Palm for a second year now has been a pleasant experience. I am not a fan of hurricane cut palms so this time around I discussed with Sean the price of shipping with fronds intact. He was easy to work with and in a few weeks I received a beautiful healthy palm, again with a root system much larger than expected. Of the many places I have ordered, Chilly Palm stands out. Do yourself a favor and buy from Sean so you will have strong plants able to sail through your next winter.
On February 24th, 2013, cstart added the following:

Three years running, the palms consistently arrive with large, healthy roots. Expect your plant about a month after ordering. (Ordered: Jan 22. Received: Feb 21.)