The scoop on 'Randall Burkey Company'

Randall Burkey Company

117 Industrial Drive
Boerne, Texas 78006 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-531-1097

Comments:

Positive tami528
Desert Hills, AZ
December 10, 2012
After looking all over the internet for items I needed only to find out they would be out of stock until Spring, Randall Burkey Company said they would try to fulfill my order. I just received an email from them (they are very good about replying the same day) and they made my day. They said my order would be here in time for Christmas!!!!

Nice people, great service
Negative GriffBar6
Harbeck-Fruitdale, OR
September 16, 2011
Received a specialty order in May 2011, about a $500 order. I received the chicks, a few died which I guess can be expected. What I called the company about is the amount of roosters that I received after ordering Pullets. What I was told by the customer service representative who I spoke to was "Well, the roosters are typically lighter in color than the pullets." Okay, so my response: "So why didn't the Hatchery make sure they were checking that before placing them in the shipping boxes?" "Because they are so busy trying to get out multiple orders!" according to the representative. I asked what Hatchery was used...they just don't know because the company uses so many. I'm really disappointed in my order. Even though they said it was written somewhere in the catalog that there is a possibility of getting 10% roosters, I used the internet and I never did find it in the FAQ sections or anywhere on the website. I've ordered pullets in the past from McMurray Hatchery and guess how many roosters I got? NONE! And not one died. McMurray Hatchery will definitely be getting my business in the future. I'm done with RB Company.
Neutral joeyjo
Tridell, UT (Zone 4b)
February 7, 2010
I've had overall success with this company, but they do seem to have problems getting the shipping correct. Also, I've not had much success in hatching their eggs. Last year I bought eggs for school and home. I hatched one batch of Randall eggs with eggs brought in by students. The student's eggs far exceeded the hatching rate of Randall's eggs.

They are willing to work with you when they make a shipping error and their customer service is friendly and responsive. So, I will probably place another order this year for supplies (sans eggs.)