The scoop on 'The Seed Kingdom'

The Seed Kingdom

6405 Peoria Ave
Lubbock, Texas 79413 (United States)

Phone: 806-789-5789

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Negative aprilshowers201
calgary,
Canada
September 19, 2016
I bought Pepper Thai Hot seeds from the Seed Kingdom the seeds are not viable. I've tried germinating 3 batches with zero germinating. I am not a rookie I grew P. Thai Hot last year with seeds from Reimer's with no problems. The seeds are a darker color (moldy?) (old seed?) I emailed them to let them know they didn't bother to email back. I wasn't looking for money back. Don't waste your money here. Darlene Johnson
Negative ellende
Powell RIver,
Canada
August 11, 2016
I ordered seeds long ago - order 4619
I expected to get them by Christmas - yes it is August and that is how long I have been dealing with this.
I understand that sometimes things can take a while to come, however I order seeds from all over the states and have no trouble - just sometimes a little slow if it is far away.
So it didn't come - I started to email in January, then February. Then I called and left messages - when it didn't say the mailbox was full. Then in the spring I took out a complaint with the BBB local to him. Evidently he did not respond to them either.
I still continued to try to phone and did send emails with never any response. All I really wanted was my seeds; now a refund would do.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. THEY OBVIOUSLY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS.
Positive KopyKat0822
Waxahachie, TX
July 29, 2016
I recently received an order of cream peas. The order was short by 1/2 lb. I left a voice mail and was in receipt asap of not only the replacement of the peas that were shorted but an additional packet of free seed was included. Excellent customer service.
Additionally the peas I planted were up within two days and I had almost 100% germination. Much better than expected.
Thanks to Dave and Peggy for excellent seed and customer service.
Negative troyes
sheffield,
United Kingdom
September 20, 2015
I bought Crimson Sprinter from Seed Kingdom and they are nothing like them. Crimson Sprinter is an early variety its September 20 and still not ripe the tomatoes are twice as big as Crimson Sprinter should be. They took 1 month before they posted them to me. They did not respond to the 3 Emails i sent. I would like a refund but thats not going to happen since there is no way to get in touch with them. In my opinion you will be well advised to look elsewhere to buy your seeds
Negative sjamesNorway
Sokna,
Norway
September 10, 2014
I ordered Crimson Sprinter tomato seeds from The Seed Kingdom last spring, and received a packet labeled "Crimson Sprinter". The tomatoes are ripening, and to my disappointment, are a different variety from The Seed Kingdom's selection, which The Seed Kingdom calls "Grappoli Carbaniro". There exactly like "Corbarino" on Tatiana's Tomatobase, and nothing like Crimson Sprinter.
I sent an e-mail to The Seed Kindgdom over two weeks ago, and haven't received a reply.
Positive sandyrose
Orange, TX
September 18, 2013
Ordered several seeds from this company and they were a little slow shipping but sent me an email to explain why and when my order was filled they included some extra seeds as an apology. I intend to order from them again.
Neutral whitewings
Devizes,
United Kingdom
August 4, 2013
I have bought twice from this company.
The 1st time I bought bulk and I have received the right variety but regular packet.

I have sent him an email telling what happened, he was friendly and said he'd have sent the missing seeds with the next order, which I have done the same day.
I have bought the seeds again, and I have bought again bulk.

When I have received the parcel no sign of the missing seeds, he did not send, but also the new order was again not bulk, but regular packets.

I was missing 1500 paid seeds, more or less .......!

Had to contact Paypal as he never replied to the emails with the pictures included.

It was a real shame as I liked much the quick shipping and the number of seeds to choose from.

I have to add that he included a free packet of seeds as well, it was a very nice thought ( especially if my other seeds were included too....)
Negative seed350
Boston, MA
May 5, 2013
Order never arrived.
The Seed Kingdom guy blames me for "waiting so long to call" 20 days. Like that would have made the order magically appear. The only two who can make the order happen are The Seed Kingdom and the US Post Office, why blame me?
==================
Invoice No. 3342
Order Date: 4/10/13
Payment By: Discover
Confirmation No: A7535020F9

The Seed Kingdom Items
1 Crystal Apple Cucumber-RARE! @ $2.69 = $2.69
1 Orangeglo Watermelon @ $1.99 = $1.99

I never received my order. I ordered different watermelon seeds and cantaloupe seeds from a half dozen different places. As soon as they came in the mail I would open the packages and start soaking seeds on a wet paper towel. Now I have 50 different seed pots I am managing. I started counting the different types I have so I am sure I have enough of each and I realized I thought I ordered TWO different 'orange' fleshed watermelon seeds. I looked up on my email and sure enough I ordered Orangeglo Watermelon seeds and Crystal Apple Cucumber-I definitely do not remember getting those seeds.
So, May 4, I called up Seed Kingdom 806-789-5789. I told the man who answered that I don't remember getting these. He asked "when did you order them?" I told him April 10. He said that was a month ago, Why did you wait so LONG?" I told him why. He said I sent those. He NEVER asked the order number or any information. Then he says "MOST people call within 10 days if they don't get their order." Really? So there's a lot of people wondering where their order is I wonder? Anyway then he says "you sure have me confused." He goes on again about it being a month ago. Actually it is 20 days after the order would have gotten here if it had gotten here 5 days after the order. I grab my 5 other USPS packages from the other companies that sent to me, none are from Seed Kingdom I tell him. Then he again says "you sure have me confused."
He ends the call with, "You can call me a bad guy, but I'm not going to do anything on this" it's been too long."I have to go, I have a customer...."
What? I'm NOT a customer? I guess not. I could have been the postal service in Texas lost them and it's not his fault, but he never sounded concerned or like he wanted to help me, just wanted to blame me for "waiting so long" -a whole 20 days to call.
==
If for some reason I get them or they were misplaced, I will update this review, but this is what happened.
Positive Abloom
Stanton, NE (Zone 4b)
February 24, 2010
My seeds came fast and in perfect condition. They also absolutely had the best deal on Globe Artichokes that I found.
Positive buggycrazy
Lebanon, OR (Zone 7b)
March 10, 2009
VERY GOOD PRICE AND SERVICE!
A wonderful selection of Melons and tomatoes.

Copyright © 2000-2016 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.