The scoop on 'Quick Growing Trees (quick-growing-trees.com)'

Quick Growing Trees (quick-growing-trees.com)

686 Basham Road
Altamont, Tennessee 37301 (United States)

This company is affiliated with Tennessee Wholesale Nursery (also dba D & T Wholesale Nursery; formerly TN Nursery)

Comments:

Negative mikewhall
Manhattan Beach, CA
May 30, 2013
I wish I had read the reviews first!

I ordered 10 x 3' privet plants and they arrived, as other people have said, as bare sticks. I contacted the company and was told that the plants will still be alive and will grow once planted.

After the spring growing season I still basically have 10 bare sticks with a few leaves here and there.

Quick Growing Trees have refused to refund my money but offered a 40% discount on replacement plants if I wait until October.

I can not recommend this company.
Positive bearfield
November 27, 2012
fast growing trees--i ordered a 4 in 1 apple tree early 12, it arrived march 12 and i planted it. had a few blossoms on the granny smith branch. had a hard frost 3 weeks after planting it, the blossoms turned black anf fell off. watched through the summer and i contacted fast growing trees and told them it died. they said they will be sending me a replacement in april 13. i believe the hard frost killed the tree, but of course, the hot summer we had didn't help any.
i also ordered a 3 in 1 plum tree in may of 12 and it is doing well, i expect a few plums in 13. i have had only positive experience with the company. thats about it.
Negative Laurie777
Renton, WA
November 26, 2012
Posted on October 1, 2012, updated November 26, 2012
BEWARE!!!! DO NOT BUY PLANTS OR TREES FROM THIS COMPANY!! I BOUGHT FOUR RED MAPLE TREES FROM THIS COMPANY AND A FEW BUSHES FOR ABOUT $25.00 PER TREE AND BUSH AND WHAT I GOT IN THE MAIL WAS A JOKE!! THE FOUR TO FIVE FOOT TREE WAS A TWIG WITH A VERY SMALL ROOT THE WHOLE THING PROBABLY DIDN'T EVEN WEIGH A POUND. I BOUGHT A SIMILAR TREE ONE TIME ONLINE FROM A STORE AND IT COST ABOUT $2.00. AND IT TOOK ABOUT FOUR YEARS TO GROW INTO WHAT LOOKED LIKE A TREE, SO TO CHARGE ME $25.00 FOR A TWIG IS A HUGE SCAM! I CALLED THEM TO GET MY MONEY BACK AND THEY REFUSED TO GIVE ME A REFUND. I'M CONSIDERING REPORTING THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. SO WE ENDED UP GOING TO OUR LOCAL NURSERY AND GETTING BEAUTIFUL 12' TREES (WITH BRANCHES AND LEAVES) FOR $50.00 A PIECE. EACH ONE OF THEM WEIGHED ABOUT 60 POUNDS. I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE ELSE NOT TO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE. THANKS
On November 26th, 2012, Laurie777 added the following:

I WANTED TO ADD THAT WHEN I LOOKED THEIR COMPANY UP ON THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU PAGE, THEY WERE GIVEN AN "F" RATING!!!
Negative quntmphscs
Falcon, MO
May 16, 2012
One of the plants I ordered was missing from the shipment. They will not send a refund and will not call back.
Negative lola22
Oak Hill, TN
January 6, 2012
Absolutely horrible!!! Steer clear! Very Poor product and company! Extremely overpriced! Shorted the quantity and when I called to correct, was lied to and then hung up on. Why does Dave have this company on its site? The worst possible experience! Again, steer clear!
Negative jjm859
Cynthiana, KY
November 14, 2011
Wow. What a scam. I have to thank the other commentors for warning us all about this company. They got busted posting a large number of positive reviews under different usernames, on the same day! The people running this "company" should be behind bars.
Negative greygal
Murfreesboro, TN
October 21, 2011
Posted on October 21, 2011, updated October 21, 2011
Posted on October 20, 2011, updated October 21, 2011
I ordered ten Loblolly pines and two Pink Dogwoods from Quick Growing Trees. com on Monday. They arrived via UPS last night. Upon opening the burlap wrapped trees, I was sorely disappointed. The two dogwoods look completely dead, like sticks with brown crunchy leaves on them. The pines are a bit better but the overall impression I get is that these trees are not worth $287 dollars. If I were at a nursery I would never pay this much for these trees. I expected a high quality product from this website and was terribly disappointed. I contacted them immediately via email and was told, "I'm sure they are fine. It is the fall of the year, and the leaves are off of the trees, and they look dead. You won't know if they are not okay until Spring time. Trees look almost dead in the fall and come back to life in the Spring." None of the trees I had considered locally looked this bad and I just wish that I had bought trees that I had seen and not wasted my money on this terrible website. I wish I knew to look up their name and complaints BEFORE I made my purchase. I offered to send the trees back via UPS today and asked for a refund and I was told, "We don't give refunds. Our policy clearly states that. We can replace your order for 50% of the original price." and "They do look terrible this time of year. They will not look lively until the Spring. If they are not dead, there's no reason to replace them. That's why we don't. Come Spring, they will look just like they did last Spring." I wish their website said something to that effect, like, Our trees look terrible in the Fall, be warned!
On October 21st, 2011, greygal changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

After I posted the above, I wrote basically the same thing to the BBB (Better Business Bureau). I assumed that would just be counted somewhere in some overworked person's office. No! They emailed me today to say they contacted the Nursery regarding my complaint and the Nursery has agreed to give me a refund if I send back the plants. I was able to flag down my UPS man this afternoon and secure the bundle and send them off today. We are considering going out and buying trees locally tomorrow but I might wait until the money shows up in my account. So, issue resolved, almost, but not without filing a complaint.
On October 21st, 2011, greygal changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

Negative treecay
Bothell, WA
March 15, 2010
No refund Policy, no address on the website and no contact information. If a plant send to you is damaged you need to send it back to them within 24 hrs (this means you need to send it back overnight package). the boxwood which i bought from them has small one branch about 5 inches long for 7.99 while the website state that it should be 1 foot long. My other plant is totally destroyed don't know due to wimpy packing (there was no box) or plant was broken before shipment. i sent them the photo but there was no offer of replacement.
Negative BBrandon77
Knoxville, TN (Zone 7a)
January 8, 2010
What a disaster of a company. The owner of this company seems to have very limited knowledge of anything related to plants. She posts SPAM messages on other gardening sites and uses many names (like TyTy does) to keep her bad reputation from spreading. Some of the names they go by include D & T Wholesale Nursery, Fast Growing Trees, Quick Growing Trees, Tennessee Wholesale Nursery, TN Nursery, and Wetland Supplies. To top all this off, she tried to post a bunch of fake positive reviews for her own company (see Tennessee Wholesale Nursery reviews) but got caught!
Negative ksilvas
Chattanooga, TN
April 24, 2009
I ordered a 2-3 ft Loblly Pine, and an American Holly.
The order came to about 70$. The trees came quick enough, however,
the were bare root, in horrible shape, they looked like someone had
driven out to a field pulled them from the ground and thrown them in a box.
They won't last the week.
Do not order anything from this company. Beware.