The scoop on 'Shrub Source'

Shrub Source

Shrub Source has 231 products listed in PlantScout.

4902 96th Ave
Zeeland, Michigan 49464 (United States)

Phone: 1-866-860-1060

» Like them on Facebook

Company Comment, posted on May 9, 2010:
ShrubSource is a leading online supplier of flowering and ornamental landscape shrubs. We distribute premium quality name brand shrubs throughout the country during our spring through fall shipping season. We offer branded shrubs because they are the best selection of new and improved varieties available to our valued customers. ShrubSource currently offers over 130 Proven Winners® ColorChoice® flowering shrub varieties. Our online catalog is always growing and available for placing orders 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year long (including the non-shipping off-season)! Please make sure to visit our website often for new products and sale items: http://www.ShrubSource.com. Whether you may be planning a new landscape, adding to an existing landscape, or simply looking for information and ideas, we welcome you to ShrubSource.

We specialize in growing the following shrub brands: Proven Winners® ColorChoice® flowering shrubs (130+ varieties) and the Knock Out® Family of Roses (5 varieties). Our shrubs are available in a number of different container sizes.

Comments:

Positive p3pner123
Clarksville, TN
August 27, 2014
Just found this shrub nursery on-line & ordered a shrub from them. I am more than pleased with the size & shaping of the shrub. I highly recommend them if you are looking for just about any shrub.
Positive ippslee
Grass Valley, CA (Zone 9a)
April 13, 2012
Posted on April 12, 2012, updated April 13, 2012
Communication with this company is very poor. They cannot combine orders so they said they would cancel my orders and combine them as one. I have asked four times for my password to be sent and received nothing, so I have no idea what is happening with my order or even what it is at this point.
I received a notice from FedEx saying a shipment was on its way from Nature Hills Nursery. I contacted them and they have no idea about the shipment. They said sometimes another nursery uses their FedEx number, but not Shrubsource.
On April 13th, 2012, ippslee changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I received a call today from Shrubsource and received an explanation of the confusion regarding my order. My password was reset and I am now awaiting the shipment.
Negative antiM
Hobart, IN
October 12, 2010
Not so happy with these folks for a number of reasons:
1. Apparently didn't process my order for 10 days, then called to say they were out of stock on one of the two items I requested.
2. At that time, they told me the other item would ship that day, but it wasn't sent for 2 more days.
3. When it arrived, the poor plant, a Winterberry Holly, a plant that likes boggy spots, was in very poor condition.
Although the 1 qt. pot was bagged in plastic, there was no sign of moisture whatsoever, the soil was bone dry. There were very few leaves on it and what there were showed insect damage, had black spots, or were dry and curling. The tips of several twigs were dead, as well.
Could send it back, at my own expense for return shipping, but might as well go ahead and plant it in my boggy spot and hope the elements smile upon it - kinda doubtful it will survive, though.
$12 for this plant - so not worth it.
Positive dennyboy34
Yonkers, NY
July 9, 2010
Ordered 3 Techny Gold Arborvitae. No significant issues. Plants arrived well packed and healthy. Would use again.
Positive marianaj
Woodstock, GA
July 6, 2010
This was my first order with Shrub Source and I found them quite by accident on an internet search for hydrangeas. I lucked out when they were having their hydrangea sale in June with great prices. I checked the Garden Watchdog and it had positive reviews although there were not many entries so I gave them a try. I had emailed them after entering my order to add a few things the next day. The man emailed me on Saturday and I called him and he was very helpful in getting my order adjusted. The plants arrived in beautiful condition which wasn't easy when Geogia was having 95+ degree days in June. Great job, Shrub Source!

Positive candiland
Minneapolis, MN
June 3, 2010
Today I received my order for the Invincibelle hydrangea and it arrived very quick. It was properly shipped with the soil still being moist when I received it. The plant is beautiful and I can't wait to watch it grow and beautify my garden. The contact with the people at Shrub Source tells me that they are knowledgeable and willing to help their customers. I rate them a 10+ and will not only buy from them in the future, but will recommend them to all my friends. Thanks Shrub Source.
Positive ibewgirl
Wilmington, DE
May 21, 2010
Healthy shrubs, packaged well and still moist. (8 total)
I have been considering purchasing from them for over a year and I am happy I finally did. I think the Lo and Behold plants are a great buy from SS.
Positive Harry
Indianapolis, IN
May 9, 2010
Have received my order, 3 Coral Berry, 4 Weigela, and a Hydrangea. All were in beautiful condition, packed well and carefully wrapped to hold the soil and moisture in the pot. Very well satisfied with this supplier.
Positive CMW21
Murrysville, PA
August 6, 2009
I was a little bit concerned with the low number of reviews for this company, but since they were all positive I figured I would give them a shot. I ordered 5 fine wine weigelas. I am extremely pleased. They were a very nice size and were well packaged. The shipping was reasonable and very quick. I am already checking their website for additional items. Thank you!
Positive Cinecine
Cambridge, MA
July 11, 2009
I ordered two different hydrangea bushes, several weigelas and a deutzia. All were in healthy fresh condition, in adequately sized pots, still moist, and extremely carefully wrapped. After a half dozen bad experiences with other vendors in the past two months, ordering from this company was a truly welcome experience. I will definitely order from them again.
Positive PerfectJudy
Birdsboro, PA
June 28, 2009
We purchased six Chiffon Hibiscus Plants from Shrub Source and were extremely satisfied with our purchase. All six plants were received in excellent condition. We have ordered plant items from other companies via mail order or internet and must say, without a doubt, this company was the first company to ship their plants in an excellent and healthy condition. These Hibiscus Plants arrived safely packaged, looked in excellent condition, appeared as very healthy specimens, and even had some buds on them. In fact, after planting these six plants, one is blooming already. It is fantastic and is everything we had hoped for when we ordered these plants. Being so pleased with the first six Hibiscus Plants that we received, we ordered six more and are looking forward to receiving them also. This company is to be congratulated and thanked for providing such excellent products and at a reasonable price. We definitely feel we got our money's worth from this company. We are definitely one very satisfied customer and would highly recommend this company for future plant purchases.
Positive paulrichjr
Savannah, TN
June 7, 2009
I ordered 16 Oso Easy Fragarant Spreader roses. All came very well packaged and in excellent shape. The shipment even came in 2 days from Michigan (shipped from there). The company returned phone calls very quickly and answered all of my questions in a very professional manner. The plants were slightly smaller than I expected but were priced reasonable and were described as being small. Overall I am happy with my order and would recommend them for anyone looking for hard to find Proven Winners products since they do carry a fairly large number of them.
Positive DianaT
Mullins, SC (Zone 8a)
May 16, 2009
Nice plants at a good price, prepruned and well packaged for shipping. Shipped on schedule and communicated well. I will definitely buy from again!