The scoop on 'Green Thumb Palms (Greenthumbpalms.com)'

Green Thumb Palms (Greenthumbpalms.com)

23370 Dixie Rd. SW
Labelle, Florida 33935 (United States)

Phone: 954-234-1370
Fax: 954-208-1512

Comments:

Positive BrandonU
Hawthorne, FL
September 28, 2011
I have ordered over a dozen plants from him and every time I do business with him it is a pleasure. He is extremely friendly and helpful, and he knows a hell of a lot about bamboo. He has answers whenever I have questions. The negative feedback above just sounds like people who have nothing better to do than get angry at someone for something petty.

The plants I have received are healthy and doing great, and you can't find cheaper bamboo anywhere else.. at least as far as I am aware- and I have searched a lot.

Thanks greenthumb!
Positive yale6035
Pembroke Pines, FL
May 29, 2011
Excellent Experience! Good product at a very good price. I purchased 4 Asian Lemon Bamboos and a Dwarf Buddha Belly in 3 gallon pots. I emailed them several times and called to ask questions. They were very helpful and honest; everything was as they said it would be. I added their website to “My Favorites” and I will definitely buy from them again.
Negative rowrowroe
La Place, LA
March 31, 2011
Wow! I cannot believe what I have just read! YOU used an image that someone else owned and used it to SELL your plants moreover than to educate the public so I find your comment to be most out of place, I would never do business with you! I am sure you will log in and reply by saying I am not one of your customers so my opinion does not matter, but you rest assured, I would have been a customer, had you not been such an A** someone trying EDUCATE the public on what these plants look like!
Company representative comment on March 31, 2011:
On Mar 31, 2011 3:23 PM, Green Thumb Palms (Greenthumbpalms.com) responded with:

I talked to Nate on the phone yesterday, as he was a gentelman and called to talk out our issue, (thanks Nate) and of course I apologised to him and explained that it was not done on purpose. I had tried a few new bamboo species last year and had a girl list them for me, she used my computer and grabed that pic accidentally. I never heard anything from Nate until i got that neg feedback. and that was what i thought was unfair. I would have gladly given nate credit or removed the pic, but I never knew there was a problem. I dont appreciate people giving me neg feedback WHO DONT KNOW ME, HAVE NEVER SPOKE TO ME AND HAVE NEVER DELT WITH ME. I never sold 1 single plant from Nates Picture, and dont even offer that species for sale anymore. And yes believe it or not people do use my site as an educational tool. Only a small % of visitors to my site buy something, the others learn something and leave. Peace

Neutral ocimum_nate
American Fork, UT (Zone 5a)
March 30, 2011
Posted on February 19, 2011, updated March 30, 2011
I have asked them to work something out with me in a very cordial way concerning the fact that they are using some of my photos without my permission they have yet to respond. I get really irritated when there is no regard to my rights.
Here is my proof.
my picture
/photos/natesplants/3183497765/in/pool-bamboo
Their advertisement (my picture is the one just below the main picture)
On March 30th, 2011, ocimum_nate changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

He has since removed the picture that I asked him to remove. I haven't received an apology yet but he has done what I asked him to do.
Company representative comment on March 31, 2011:
On Mar 30, 2011 8:42 AM, Green Thumb Palms (Greenthumbpalms.com) responded with:

whoever you are, you are not a customer and i have never done business with you, nor do I know you, or know of you. You never contacted me by email. My email address is everywhere and you never used it. Instead you chose to trash my reputation at a place where I have worked to build it up with years of solid business practices. I have a huge collection of bamboo pictures that i have kept through the years, most are originals but some are good web pics. I am soooo soooo soooo sorry that one of your pictures accidentally got on my site. Truely I want nothing to do with you or your pictures. So sorry that one of your pictures was used to educate people on what that specific bamboo looks like. now that pic is removed and people can just imagine. I am trying to share my love and collection of bamboo with like minded growers. You are obviously not a like minded grower, nor a customer so please just leave me alone.

On Mar 31, 2011 3:26 PM, Green Thumb Palms (Greenthumbpalms.com) added:

Nate is a good guy and I have apologised to him for the accidental use of his picture. I truely never knew of the issue until recently and responded immediately. he is a like minded bamboo lover and we are very easily friends.

Positive michaelschulz
Tampa, FL
February 8, 2011
Great place to get bamboo. Great service & products. Will be back for more.
Michael
Positive DancingDaisies
Matthews, NC
August 31, 2009
I recently bought a blue bamboo chungii from this retailer who was selling some stock on Ebay.

When the plant arrived it was well packaged and healthy. It also had a very good root system. I had a positive experience and would recommend them to others.
Positive MrPlow
Suwanee, GA
June 24, 2009
Received Email from this company in less than 10 minutes. Very impressive. Can't wait to get my new Black Bamboo and will follow up then. Great prices easy web site to use and lots of great information. So far very positive. Will follow up when I get my Bamboo. Oh and the price was very very fair.
On June 26th, 2009, MrPlow added the following:

Received my Bamboo as promised on today. Bamboo was very health and shipped in great shape via UPS. Great over all experience with this seller. Will buy from them again in the future 5 Star!!!
On June 26th, 2009, MrPlow added the following: