The scoop on 'Eastern Leaf'

Eastern Leaf

4789 Cheyenne Way
Chino, California 91710 (United States)

Phone: 1-888-684-8377

» Like them on Facebook
This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Negative FacebookUser
Lakewood, OH
August 13, 2015
I wish I read reviews online, before ordering from this place. It was a total nightmare. Ordered a Red Maple Tree and a Spruce Tress Gift Kit for a total of 108$, including shipping and handling. First of all, Red Maple Bonsai had leaf burn, was green (not red) and lost 90% of its leaves within first week. The spruce kit, came with Tiny (cheapest possible tree with a broken branch). Now, I did not order and pay for product that looked 100% on the site to be delivered looking at "D" at most, and to be told that now I must nurse it back to life. So, I immediately initiated credit card dispute, and would suggest to everybody who gets into similar situation with them - do not wait for 30 days, replacement, etc. They are crooks. We corresponded for a while and we heard everything from "not everybody has a green thumb", in fact I do; Red Maple changes color and leaf burn is normal, etc. When they offered us substitutions it was other types of trees that would be send in some plastic trays, etc. In the end, we were stuck with a) back and forth shipping and handling fees b) awful customer service that only makes sure their financial interests are guarded c) complete dissatisfaction d) money loss. So, to make a long story short - file a credit card dispute on day 1, at least you will get your money back.
Negative combien
Seattle, WA
July 24, 2012
Posted on June 27, 2012, updated July 24, 2012
I ordered a Ginkgo bonsai tree from this company. When the tree arrived it came with the top cut off, and lots of rust spots on the leaves. After several excuses/reasons via email why the tree looked that way, I returned the tree. I went to look at a couple of large Ginkgo trees in my neighborhood, none of them had rust spots from being in the sun. That was one of the reasons they gave me. The return shipment cost me almost as much as the tree (I should have just thrown it out). Well, at least they will refund the cost of the tree, but I won't ever order from this company again. I took several pictures of the tree, sent them a copy, but kept the negatives.
On July 24th, 2012, combien added the following:

Eastern Leaf is an incredible bad and cheap people to deal with. I was charged $39.45 for the original order for some really bad Ginkgo bonsai tree and when I returned it (which cost me $15.36), they only credited me $31.50. I hope people will see this comment and remember never to order from them. If they need to return the product they better just throw it out or it will cost them a lot more than what it was worth.
Company representative comment on June 29, 2012:
On Jun 29, 2012 8:25 AM, Eastern Leaf responded with:

We take pride in sending out well maintained and care for plants which is why we inspect and prepare them carefully in fulfilling each order. This does mean from time to time we must trim or prune some items just as we water and fertilize them before they leave our care. We try our best to provide many options to rectify the situation in a rare occasion that the customer was unsatisfied. We allow for returns within our policy time-frame as well as offer a 30 day replacement on most our products; in addition we have customer service and a wealth of knowledge via books and internet on our site. We do believe these many options provide an accommodation to every situation as well as allow us to stay within company policies.

Positive Suebob
Eau Claire, WI (Zone 4a)
April 27, 2012
My bonsai arrived in perfect condition and was exactly as pictured.
Company representative comment on June 28, 2012:
On Jun 28, 2012 11:38 AM, Eastern Leaf responded with:

We wanted to thank you for your business and hope to see you again.

~Best Regards

Positive Mage973
Sylvania, OH
May 9, 2011
Posted on May 7, 2011, updated May 9, 2011
I ordered, thru Amazon marketplace, 1 pot and a 3 oz. bag of bonsai fertilizer on 4/28. On 5/5 I received 1 well packed pot, which is quite nice, but no fertilizer. I contacted them thru Amazon email. I also called (yay for a toll free customer service number). When I called, after some checking they said they would send the fertillizer the next day. I haven't received it yet...nor was I given a tracking number. I will update this review if it arrives or if it doesn't. Eastern Leaf's bonsai plants, pots and accessories are beautiful with reasonable prices. Their website is quite nice and user friendly. You can view several items on a page and read or leave a product review. If an item is not in stock the site won't allow you to add it to your cart. I'd recommend Eastern Leaf if I get my full order.
On May 9th, 2011, Mage973 changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I received the fertilizer today (USPS). It and the pot are as described. I am ready to order again! I would definitely recommend Eastern Leaf for your bonsai needs. Good products, prices and customer service!

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]