The scoop on 'Desert Garden Care'

Desert Garden Care

No address on file.

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies and plants and seeds.

Comments:

Negative Bluesmonkey
Jupiter, FL
December 12, 2011
Posted on October 20, 2011, updated December 12, 2011
Posted on September 24, 2011, updated October 20, 2011
I ordered seeds from this vender in the middle of July. It is now September 24th and he still has not shipped my seeds. I have asked him twice to refund my money & he still hasn't responded to that request. The only communication that I received was him sending a blanket communication to a bunch of people at once telling us that he is on vacation & we'll get our orders soon (which by the way - I didn't appreciate my email address being carbon copied to a bunch of people I don't know!).

About a month after the first communication, I emailed him & asked for a refund. He ignored my request and sent a message a week later with a USPS tracking number. It has been three weeks since I've received the tracking number & it still shows as not being shipped yet! I told him if my seeds weren't shipped in two days (giving him another chance) that I wanted a refund. The two day deadline has passed & no shipment, no seeds, and no communication.

My advice - stay far far away from this vendor.

I fully expect him to log on & claim that I am a liar (it seems to be his modus operandi).
On October 20th, 2011, Bluesmonkey added the following:

As much as I hate bashing someone online, I hate getting ripped off even more. Since the owner jumped onto this board the last time (the day after my bad review) and said that "things happen", and my seeds would be shipped "soon", I have received no communication from him. He has not shipped the seeds, he has not refunded my money, and he has not communicated with me in any manner. I am a very forgiving person, but three months and no product or refund is absolutely ridiculus.

He seems more concerned about how people view his business than the actual service to his customers (I use that term loosely - since to be a customer I would actually have to have received something from him after I paid him).

Since he is not interested in refunding my money or shipping my seeds - I have made it a personal crusade to warn everyone that I can about this vendor.
On December 12th, 2011, Bluesmonkey added the following:

It is now going on 6 months. No seeds, No email (or any other communication), and of course No refund.

I would not recommend ordering anything from this vendor.
Company representative comment on September 25, 2011:
On Sep 25, 2011 12:06 PM, Desert Garden Care responded with:

Understand that things happen.

Your order has been processed and will be shipped soon, I have been busy with so many other things including moving right after vacation, all my supplies being packed from vacation, not being able to find shipping supplies, etc.

Positive RickEH
Boise Idaho
United States
June 11, 2010
I purchased 2 cuttings from DGC; the price was good and they arrived in excellent condition, very healthy. Two weeks out- plants still in excellent condition. Email support from the owner was very quick, both before the purchase and afterward. There were no surprises with the transaction, and I give the whole experience with the owner an Excellent rating. I would recommend them to anyone, and will buy from them again.
Positive Acetone
Cardiff By The Sea, CA
May 1, 2010
I have ordered from DGC several times. The quality of the specimens is second to none. The order ships and arrives on time and in great condition. The seeds are excellent aswell, I have never had higher germination rates!!! A+ company
Negative CrunchyDog
April 22, 2010
BEWARE - ships short and claims you are a liar when you ask him about it. Converstation quickly goes bad and the contact person becomes belligerent and offensive in his communications.
Company representative comment on April 22, 2010:
On Apr 22, 2010 8:41 PM, Desert Garden Care responded with:

I know a lie when I see one this person bought 50 seeds, and I know for a fact he got the 50 seeds, fully counted, it is not my fault the guy is cheap and wants free seeds. Raggedy class.

Positive Beefjerky51
Beverly Hills, CA
November 6, 2009
I purchased a live Kratom plant from DesertGardenCare and it was shipped promptly and healthy. I planted it on arrival and it is now doing fine and showing new growth. The customer support was also amazing, I must have sent 10 emails asking about how to care for the plant, shipping, and pricing. All were answered promptly. I will be ordering again.
Positive salem_pete
Poplar Bluff, MO
October 12, 2009
I had a very nice experience buying from Desert Garden Care. They very quickly answered any questions I had. I bought a live plant and a variety of seeds. The live plant was packaged with extreme care. It was very healthy. I even received a free pack a seeds! With quick shipping, good communication, and a healthy plant what more could you ask for!
Negative vermiculitus
Los Altos, CA
June 25, 2009
STAY AWAY!! Desertgardencare.com is to be avoided like the plague. Be prepared for everything and anything that may go wrong with your order to somehow be your fault! Sends cuttings that are half dead and expects you to revive them. Then replacement sent that was literally one inch tall for a TREE CUTTING??!!! Seller refuses to refund money, and in checking their online feedback for eBay they have have similar pathetic attempts at getting large sums of money for 'exotic' trees that are laughably puny. My attorney even got a chuckle when I showed him the pictures!! STAY AWAY!!!
Company representative comment on June 25, 2009:
On June 25, 2009, Dgcare Moore Haven, FL wrote:

To reply to the comment above,
I sent this guy a strong healthy tree that was about 4 inches tall and it died 3 weeks later and he asked for a replacement. (I normally have replacements done within the first 3 days). So I sent him one of the smaller cuttings which are about two inches tall with 4-6 leaves. They have healthy root systems and arrive healthy. This guy either killed the plants on purpose or just cannot take care of one even after me giving him 3 or 4 emails full of advice.

He told me when the replacement first got there he would send it back if there were any problems. Instead he sent me an email saying it arrived and didn't mention any problems. Then four days later wanted to complain.

Don't listen to this guy. You can check my ebay ratings or you can see my ecrater ratings.