The scoop on 'New World Orchids'

New World Orchids

9588 Meadowcrest
Manchester, Michigan 48158 (United States)

Phone: 734-369-1776

Comments:

Positive IndianaGardener
August 22, 2014
There should be a higher rating than positive for this company and the wonderful people behind it. The communication, service, friendliness and professionalism in every aspect is above and beyond. I ordered a couple Neofinetia and they are potted 100% professionally and authentically to Japanese practice. I'm thoroughly impressed!
Thank you to everyone at New World Orchids! :)
Positive JC8Artist
Commerce Township, MI
April 27, 2011
I recently purchased a Furan orchid from NWO and I recieved wonderful service and quick delivery. It looks very healthy and well-grown, not to mention well-potted in the traditional mounded style! New World Orchids specializes in rare Japanese orchids and has an incredible selection of these exotic plants.

I HIGHLY recommend this company if you are interested in hard-to-find orchids like Neofinetia, Dendrobium moniliforme, Sedirea japonica, and Sophronitis.

Five Stars! * * * * *
Positive Nobody
Frankfort, KY
May 5, 2009
I initiated a contact with the owner. I asked him if he had three Dendrobium moniliforme plants that I was interested, and he said that I should send him an e-mail, which I did. I had checked the price ($20 ea.) and I knew how much they were. I also asked him if he had ones in spike, bud, etc.

He told me that he had them. Before I made a payment (I was not feeling well for a few days), he shipped the package. He called me and said that he put an extra plant because one of the pink ones that I wanted was very small. I gave him credit card info., and etc., and I later noticed that he charged me $70. I thought, "Well, maybe he charged me because he was sending me 4 plants instead of 3."

Then I received the package, and I only see three. One looked ok, but two others were far less than impressive. One was very, very small thing with last year's spike. Another one was large enough, but leaves were suspiciously mottled (I have a plant path background), and two-spotted mites on the back of leaves. There was a old post card for an orchid show in Japan (2008), and a shamisen CD, which I am not sure what to do with.

So I contacted the owner, who nonchalantly wrote to me that the pink one was $25 ea. despite the price list on the web. And he basically wrote that "oops, thought that I sent you for plants. Sorry."

His personality seemed to be pleasant, but my purchasing experience was not.
On May 10th, 2009, Nobody changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I have changed my rating. After my reply, the owner responded and apologized. That was enough, but he also proceeded to write that he sent me two plants to compensate. I very much appreciate his gesture and effort.