The scoop on 'York Seed Company'

York Seed Company

955 Johnson Road
Sicklerville, New Jersey 08081 (United States)

Phone: 856-302-3379

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies and seeds.

No positives

Comments:

Negative grow4funandfood
Broken Arrow, OK (Zone 7a)
February 19, 2010
I too ordered seed from York. The check was cashed and 5 months, a complaint to the BBB in NJ, a formal complaint to the NJ Office of Consumer Affairs, multiple unanswered phone calls and e-mails to the York business number, multiple phone calls to the home # (found online) and empty promises (including an empty, non-productive tracking number), I have still not received my product or gotten my money back. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM YORK SEED. TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW THE SAME THING.
Negative RENEEe
Citra, FL
November 16, 2009
I PLACED 2 ORDERS WITH THEM AND NEVER RECEIVED THE ITEMS. THEY WILL NOT ANSWER MY EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS EITHER. I URGE OTHERS TO DO WHAT I DID AND SUBMIT A COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB (BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU) ONLINE IT WAS VERY SIMPLE. I JUST WENT TO YORK WEBSITE.AND THERE STILL TAKING ORDERS AND MY ORDERS SHOW AS STILL PROCESSING, THEY TOOK MY MONEY RIGHT AWAY 8/18/09.. BUYERS BEWARE !!!!!
Negative Meemers11
Tucson, AZ
October 15, 2009
I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt so badly. I read these reviews prior to ordering and firgured, like any person with common sense, that there are always going to be a few people who have a negative experience for some benign reason and that this couldn't be a representation of the company as a whole. Their website seemed legitimate, their prices relatively on the higher end, got my confirmation email and everything... well I was wrong.

It has been about three months since I placed my order online using immediate payment and I haven't recieved one thing. I have written to inquiry about where it is or what I can do and haven't recieved any correspondence back from them. This WILL happen to you! This is not right and seeing as this is a common theme with this company, they do need to be put out of "business" (since their business seems to be blantantly ripping people off). I sincerely hoped I wouldn't have to write a review but it's painfully obvious this is an epidemic. I cringe at using this word but: BEWARE.
Negative shirldee
Delta, UT (Zone 5a)
October 6, 2009
I ordered 3 different packets of seeds from them, I mailed a money order to them July 7 2009 have not recieved any seeds at all. they will not return emails or phone calls at all. I have called a number of times and still nothing. I hope they can get put out of business.
Negative lgermain315
Syracuse, NY
July 29, 2009
I ordered seeds from york seed company around June 16th. My check was cashed and have not received my order. I tried email and phone to contact them, and no reply. I'm very disappointed and can see others are too. I will be reporting them to the BBB.
Negative irie365247
Chesapeake, VA
July 17, 2009
Placed an order June 5th to this company. They confirmed payment but I still have not received my seeds. I have left several verbal messages and at least 3 emails, still no reply or product.Is this a bogus company???
Negative pboeckman
Wall Lake, IA
July 14, 2009
Place order on 6/2/09. Received confirmation the order was completed on 6/4/09. Have not received yet as of 7/14/09 No answer on calls placed to them, only voice mail. Received no response to emails sent 6/15, 6/19, 6/22 to them