The scoop on 'GenericSeeds.com'

GenericSeeds.com

64 West 600 North #2
Springville, Utah 84663 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-735-0630
Fax: 1-888-726-8791

» Like them on Facebook
This company is affiliated with WheatgrassKits.com

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Company Comment, posted on May 26, 2009:
The mission of GenericSeeds.com is to provide high quality garden seeds and supplies at rock bottom prices.

Did you know that most seed companies spend more on the full color seed packet than they spend on the seed in the packet? At GenericSeeds.com we get our seeds from the same manufacturer as everyone else… Mother Nature! We just put the high quality seeds in much cheaper packaging and pass the savings on to you!

Comments:

Positive SeniorGardening
Sullivan, IN
November 12, 2012
I think it’s probably just human nature that we tend to post comments about vendors when we have a problem with them. I certainly have done so here in the past. But when I put together my list of recommended seed suppliers for a Senior Gardening posting this year, I realized that I should make a positive comment here about each of our suppliers that have performed so well over the years.

We generally only order from seed houses that supply a print catalog, but have used Generic Seeds successfully for several spot orders of stuff we couldn’t find anywhere else (at a decent price). One year they had Walla Walla sweet onion seed when nearly everyone else listed the variety as unavailable due to a crop failure. We’ve been satisfied with the results of each order.

Negative PlanterJoe
Dearborn, MI
June 11, 2012
This was one of those seed companies I really didn't enjoy much.
The following seeds did not sprout after nearly a month from my observations:

Larkspur Flowers (400 seeds)
Triple Moss Parsley
Roma Tomatoes
Lavender
Sweet Banana Pepper

Positive SoTX
Karnes City, TX
January 24, 2011
I received my sees within a week and in four days had some up! Ones up are cool weather crops--lettuce, cabbage onions, were planted with no special treatment (inside). This is some very fresh seed and it is a thrill to see them pop up after what I have received from other suppliers. I will most certainly order from them again.
Positive Dewtz
Jefferson, OR (Zone 8a)
June 10, 2010
As i am new to gardening, I wasnt really sure what to expect from an online seed company. Imagine my happiness when i encountered no delay in my order and almost 100% germination! I love cheap prices for quality products! I'll definitely be using GenericSeeds.com again.
Positive DGRich53
Janeville, WI
March 26, 2010
Posted on March 15, 2010, updated March 26, 2010
Looks like I'll do the first review. Just sent them my first seed order.
They appear to be affiliated with WHOLE FOODS which should make for a good product and service. I'll update when the seeds arrive.
Monday March 15, 2010
On March 26th, 2010, DGRich53 added the following:

Most of the order arrived last saturday but one item was missing (the highest priced item was "back ordered"). Problem is, they charged my account for the full order. The back ordered item arrived this morning so all is well. Still, I have had similar problems in the past with other companies. This company will need to make a commitment to charging ONLY for the product they ship. As for the seeds from last week, I have them in my greenhouse and several have already sprouted!