The scoop on 'Atomic Grow (High Yield Industries)'

Atomic Grow (High Yield Industries)

Made in
Fort Myers, Florida 33912 (United States)

Phone: (877) 344-2001

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Company Comment, posted on June 13, 2012:
Atomic Grow is designed to enhance your liquid or granular fertilizers by optimizing your plants potential with natural plant extracts. We do not promise miracles in a bottle and we advise interested gardeners to obtain an application guide from your local dealer or from our company. On June 13th, 2012, atomicgro added the following:

We are currenlty working with the USDA, University of Florida, Department of Environmental Protection, EPA and other research firms. Contact us via email through our company website at atomicgrow.com for a complete list of names and numbers.

Comments:

Positive ironwi11
June Park, FL
September 30, 2013
I have been using Atomic Grow for years with nothing but positive results on my shrubs and flowers. As a serious gardner using this it seems to have a positive effect on my plants with no problems with frost, insects, fungus, thrips, or other related problems. My shrubs and flowers roots I believe are stronger and more fiborious.
This product is simple and easy to use with no side effects if used as per manufacture's instructions. I would rate this product a 4 star rating.
Positive Donrpgreen
September 24, 2013
Great!!!! I haven't seen this product on retail stands yet, but it should be!
Positive lrod1
September 15, 2013
I failed miserably initially using this product. I ended up calling the company and was fortunate to speak to the owner. What I figured would be a terrible customer service experience and a short conversation ended in half hour chat and a quick tutorial.

I got the run down on how Atomic Grow works and how to apply for my original application (lawns). Since I had his attention, I also inquired about utilizing the fertilizer for a few other things I had in mind, such as a vegetable garden, and small trees I had just planted.

So far, so good. No complaints here, the product is working now that I'm understanding exactly how the fertilizer works. I'm certainly glad I got the opportunity to learn how to apply it correctly, or I may have dismissed a quality product for not knowing better.
Positive pepperjoe
Myrtle Beach, , SC (Zone 9a)
January 19, 2013
Atomic Grow is a fantastic product. I heard about it from Several members of TheHotPepper, a big Chilehead Gardening website. I tried it on Tomatoes that grew like weeds and Hot Peppers that had huge productivity. I own two Seed Companies and would highly endorse Atomic Grow.
Attention: Owner of this product: Please contact me about selling it on my two websites.
Side Note...Mischka is just an Internet Troll that bashes many reputable companies. Just ignore his silly comments. He hides behind a computer keyboard.
Fiery Regards,
Pepper Joe
Neutral msagardner
June 8, 2012
Posted on February 16, 2011, updated June 8, 2012
Posted on June 18, 2010, updated February 16, 2011
I ordered my product from Crowley's Nursery in Sarasota FL. I applied it to Hibiscus, Roses, Tomato, Watermelon and a sick lemon tree. Some plants reacted with on spray and some reacted with 3 sprays. This is some sort of miracle product as all of my plants are thriving well. I will be buying this product agian. I dont know why anyone would say it does not work unless they used it wrong.
On February 16th, 2011, msagardner added the following:

I returned to Crowley's today to purchase more Atomic Grow as I begin planting my spring vegetables. Everything I was told by these people has come true. My vegetables are sweeter and my plants are healthier. I was shocked when Kathy showed me her customer mailing list and how many homeowner/gardeners have re-ordered this product. Now that I understand how it works I will never grow without it agian.
On June 8th, 2012, msagardner added the following:

I have been a member for many years now and I am beginning to think this Mischka has a personal problem with the company or its product line Atomic Grow. Mischka also it seems is a moderator of a blog that is known for making slanderous remarks about products of which he has no factual evidence. As most blogs feed on negativity and malice to others this is a prime example of one to avoid. I know the people at Atomic Grow well as I have purchased their product for many years now and I can tell you that they are extremely helpfull and knowledgeable. I also recall the owner of the company saying there is no registration needed for this product as it is sugar based and is organic in nature. For this reason alone there is no need for a fertilizer registration as there is nothing to register. I am saddened to see such ugly comments. There is no reason for it and it has no place here as I can testify as a master gardener and licensed by the Department of Agriculture that the product is sound and it works.

Note from the Garden Watchdog Editor:

It is the policy of the Watchdog that users cannot create multiple identities in order to inflate a company's rating, nor can a company pose as its own customer in order to leave feedback. The rating, originally positive, was changed from positive to neutral so that it would not affect the overall rating given by customers.
Negative Mischka
Webster, MA (Zone 6a)
June 8, 2012
Posted on June 4, 2010, updated June 8, 2012
After reading a review about this product on another gardening website, I decided to order some to get some firsthand experience with the product.

I'll keep it short and sweet: this stuff is crap-ola. It doesn't work as advertised, and in fact I believe it REDUCED the yield of my tomato plants. I should have known better, considering the outrageous claims made by the manufacturer.

Bottom line: SAVE your hard-earned money! This is just another one of those overhyped "miracle in a bottle" type products that claims to give you wonderful results with a minimum of effort. I would hate to see anyone else get ripped off by this company.
On June 8th, 2012, Mischka added the following:

I see that several bogus accounts have since been created here with the deliberate intent of shilling this snake oil. I would also like to state for the record that I've received several threats via email from the company's owner, Jim Shellenbeck, for posting the truth about this worthless product.

However, I don't scare that easily and stand by my original review. Atomic Grow is crap crap crap. The EPA, USDA and the Florida Department of Agriculture agree with me and have refused to issue him a NOP certificate and a Fertilizing Material license.
Company representative comment on June 13, 2012:

On June 13th, 2012, atomicgro responded with the following:

The statements that were made by Mischka are simply not true. We have checked our shipping records over the last 3 years and there is no record of ever shipping any product to anyone by the name of Mischka. We have never recieved a phone call or letter from Mischka proposing a refund or dis-pleasure with our product. We are available via email 24/7 and can be reached through our website.
Neutral greenco247
January 25, 2012
I joined this site today after reading several pages of material about atomic grow and its history. I have a commercial spray company and have worked with just about every product on the market to date. We use products everyday on many different types of plant and tree material so a new product will typically have about 30 days to prove itself or its out of my wharehouse and off of my trucks for good. Our customers expect results fast or there shopping for a new service. We started using atomic grow as an adjuvant to get foliar fertilizer into woody ornamentals faster. We have worked with it for about 90 days now and it works good. Shrubs and ornamentals respond fast. We see new growth after about 2 weeks of the first spray. The product makes the plants much more resistant to insecticidal attacks, fungus etc.. It enables the plants to develop a much harder wax layer on the leaf. I have noticed my technicians are reaching for atomic grow instead of raiding my chemical cabinet every morning. This is a first for me, I am excited about it but still a bit skeptical as Iam still experimenting.

Note from the Garden Watchdog Editor:

Positive GardeningFiend
Union, IL
June 10, 2011
I purchased this product not knowing which reviews to believe. At the time there was only 2 reviews on this site and it was a 50/50 stance. I also read other reviews on other websites and again some where good and others not so good. Well, I am a believer! This product saved my perennials that I grew from seed last year. The temporary area I had to plant them in last summer is mostly clay and to my surprise they made it through last summer, this past winter and were flourishing this spring. However, our plan was to make this area a raised garden bed and bring in good top soil to fill it. Needless to say I had to dig (lift) all the perennials and replant them once we had the good soil in place. The clay made it difficult to dig deep enough to get all the roots and after planting in the new soil the plants looked as if they were dead or dying (flat on ground and leaves browning and yellowing). So I felt I had nothing to loose and mixed up some Atomic grow with some Quick Start fertilizer and drenched the soil (vs spraying on the leaves since they were so wilted). They began to perk up in a few days and I repeated the process a week later. Within two weeks of the initial feeding they are healthy plants with blossoms or buds. They intially had lost 2/3 to 3/4 of their leaves but have grown 1/2 again as many. The fox glove are smaller then the ones I did not have to dig, but the blooms are beautiful! I am extremely impressed and happy with this product! I will be using it every year in my gardens.
Positive stephaniedob
Monticello, FL
June 2, 2011
My husband and I tried this product on several different plants including blueberries, figs, roses, crepe myrtles, hydrangeas, grape vines and apricot trees. The results are very noticeable. There are more blooms and the fruit is sweeter. The manufacturer told us how to use the product with fertilizer which really sped up results. We were impressed with how helpful the manufacturer was and how much time he spent explaining how use the product. We were also surprised that such a small amount of Atomic Grow went so far. We have told all of our gardening friends about this product.
Positive jlg248
Dacula, GA
May 24, 2011
I was a little skeptical at first but decided to try this product myself to see how my plants responded. For the sake of argument we will stick to the tomato plant. I had a few plans that were having some issues with late blight.. I followed the recommended guidelines/usage of the product for my specific plants and it worked well. I plan on buying more of this atomic grow product. I am extremely happy with the results and now will probably grow more of a verity of veggies now that I have a decent product to use.. So my overall experience with this product had been great.