The scoop on 'Berkey Supply Inc.'

Berkey Supply Inc.

15500 Woodinville-Redmond Road, Suite C-100
Woodinville, California 98072 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-959-8353
Fax: (425) 487=1161

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

No positives

Comments:

Negative rally123
Pearland, TX
August 2, 2009
My Berkey Supply Review:

Berkey Supply did a terrible job of communicating and getting my order shipped to me. I ordered bamboo root barrier from them this past Spring (2009) and at first was very impressed by their promptness in getting the order and calling me about my comment in the order form. I was glad they are prompt because their website clearly says 'shipped within 48 hours' and I wanted it to come in as soon as possible. The man told me that he would be sending my order out 'today' when he called me (the day after I put in my online order) and that it would ARRIVE in 4 days. I was pretty happy with this.

Three days later I get onto the website and look for a UPS tracking number so that I know when to expect it. It has not been shipped yet. Thinking they did not update the website but still sent my shipment I sent in an email to ask for the tracking information. I got an email back with no greeting or anything - just a two liner saying that there was a manufacture delay and that it hasn't been shipped yet and will be shipped 'tomorrow'. This email came to be the day that it was supposed to originally arrive. The shipment was shipped 5 days after my order and one day after it was supposed to arrive. When it was shipped I looked online and it said it would take 7 days to arrive to me (and it took 8 days).

How is it that the estimated shipping time was only 4 days the first time but 7 days the second time? Why were they so prompt when I first ordered but then did not contact me if there was a delay to let me know my order was not coming yet? After I sent them an email there was no apology or explanation - just an unprofessional two liner email saying it was delayed. After my product FINALLY arrived I sent an email expressing my thoughts and got NO reply. Even if there was a manufacture delay - why wasn't I contacted about this? They were totally unprofessional.

I will never be ordering from this company again and do not recommend anyone do so. Apparently 'ships within 48 hours' doesn't mean it actually will. I would rather have a safe estimate of the time rather than be lied to and have my time wasted for something that wasn't coming for another week.