The scoop on 'Mattslandscape.com'

Mattslandscape.com

San Juan Capistrano, California 92675
(United States)

Comments:

Neutral ricktorr
Las Cruces, NM
July 6, 2014
I have been trying for months to place an order but when it comes time to pay, the site is broken. I t simply won't accept payment. I wonder how one can stay in business this way. A full time secretary or accountant would be a big help.
Negative Minime8484
Chandler, AZ (Zone 9b)
January 16, 2014
Wanted to order several of their Trichocereus/Echinopsis hybrids for my sister's birthday. To be sure they were in stock, I sent them a message on November 1, 2013 through their own message process. I immediately received a generic email that said that they would get back to me in 24 hours.

It's now been over 2 months, and I've not heard a peep.

Probably a good thing I didn't hear from them, as I'd be afraid the order process would be just as bad.
Negative Max64
Las Vegas, NV (Zone 9a)
July 1, 2013
Their communication lacks big time. I finally got my order after weeks of waiting without any notice of shipping, email response,...
I would never order from them again as one of my biggest pet peeves is not responding to any for of communication send or left l in a timely manner.
Positive hcstds
Strasburg, VA
June 19, 2013
Posted on June 11, 2013, updated June 19, 2013
I placed an order through email, because the website is not working. The order was placed and I received confirmation that they had received it and they sent an invoice was for the total. It was invoiced on April 27, 2013 and paid for through Paypal on the 29th. It was to be shipped the following week. I waited that week and the next and nothing. I was hoping for Mothers Day so I emailed them and didn't receive any reply. I did this several times and I also found a phone number of the store in CA so I called and left messages. I received a call on the 3rd of June!! She was very nice and said that my order had been shipped on Saturday the 1st and that I would receive it on the 4th or 5th. Again nothing. It is now the 11th and I have emailed them twice since then and have called the number that she called from and left several messages and no reply. I am again sending an email today to see if I can get some response. This was my first order from them, so I do not have any experience to go from as to previous experiences. I will be more than happy to reverse my negative experience if the plants are received. I just want this resolved.
On June 19th, 2013, hcstds changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I received my plants today, June 19. It included a letter of explanation that it was their busy time and they apologized for the delay. Also included some extra cuttings. The plants are absolutely beautiful and the cuttings, some of the best I have purchased from anywhere. I am extremely satisfied with the transaction. I was just concerned when I could not make contact with anyone with any answers. Thanks again to Mattslandscape for such nice plants.
Neutral Johnboy369
Fort Collins, CO
January 7, 2013
Posted on February 28, 2011, updated January 7, 2013
I've ordered from this company twice. The plants arrived quickly and included extras both times. The cuttings are large and in good shape. There's plenty of different varieies to choose from on the website too.
On January 7th, 2013, Johnboy369 changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

I'm not sure what's going on with Mattslandscape. They finally have one of the epi's in stock I have wanted and now the website does not work when trying to pay. I emailed them but no response back. It looks like i'm not the only one having problems with Mattslanscape as well.
Negative IndaShade
Kylertown, PA (Zone 5b)
October 3, 2012
Posted on June 15, 2012, updated October 3, 2012
Posted on May 24, 2012, updated June 15, 2012
Bless his heart, I have gotten some good things from Matt in the past. I placed an order in March of 2012,and my credit card was charged around March 29. Around May 9, I wrote asking about my order, and he said it was boxed up and sitting on his workbench. Here it is May 24, 2012, and I have yet to get it. Luv ya Matt, but you really shouldn't be in business.
On June 15th, 2012, IndaShade changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

Well, it's June 15, 2012 and I still don't have my order from Matt.
On October 3rd, 2012, IndaShade added the following:

October 3, 2012 and still nothing from Matt.
Negative milocat4
New York, NY
May 23, 2012
Posted on May 14, 2012, updated May 23, 2012
Does anyone have a phone number for this company?

I had placed an order on May 2 and didn't received any email confirmation of my order. However, my credit card was charged. I contacted them on May 9 asking about my order status and still have not received any reply. I only received an auto reply that my email was received so it seems they are going through. Today I emailed them again inquiring about my order and am currently hoping for a reply.

I recall previously other customers had similar problems but that they were corrected after they had posted the problem on Dave's. There also used to be a phone number for this company which I don't see on this page anymore. The rating page for Mattslandscape seem to have changed. I remember it had more ratings and comments before which was why I took a chance and ordered.

Any phone number for Mattslandscape is appreciated. Thank you.
On May 23rd, 2012, milocat4 changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

I hate to give a negative but I'm forced to since after finally searching and finding a phone number to call them and managing to get in touch with Matt, and was told he'll get back to me to let me know about my order, I still have not heard back from him. This happened about 2 weeks ago. Since then I've kept calling and emailing to ask about my order. I still have not received any confirmation email from them but my credit card was charged on May 4.

All I would like to know is did they receive my order? Previously they were using Google Checkout which from what I've read after placing my order had a lot of problems. They have since switched to PayPal as the method of paying.

I just emailed Matt to let him know that I understand the problems with Google Checkout and I don't mind re-ordering if they never received my order or payment. However, I need to know if they received my order or even my payment from Google before I can contact my credit card company to have them cancel the charge of $75.07. Hopefully, I will hear from Matt soon so I can know what to do.
Positive colchie
Vashon, WA (Zone 8a)
April 27, 2011
I was so pleased to receive my order of dragon fruit cuttings- each cutting was HUGE and so healthy and well packaged and labeled. Matt even threw in some surprises. With the awful weather we've had in Seattle, I was worried, but they're starting to root, and can't wait for summer. In more ways than one!
Positive hawaiiroses
Honolulu, HI
October 11, 2010
I've ordered epiphyllums from Matt a few times. The orders always arrive healthy. Cuttings are large, and he often includes extra cuttings, both what I ordered and surprise cuttings. Plants have also been quite large and healthy, with plenty of roots. He has a store on eBay too, but the variety is greater on his website. Some of the other sellers on eBay sell very small cuttings that don't take and plants with just a few small roots. I also highly recommend looking at Matt's website for the descriptions of each cutting/plant, which are the most detailed I've found anywhere on the web. Besides epiphyllums, he sells related plants and dragon fruit plants.