The scoop on 'Chestnut Hill Tree Farm'

Chestnut Hill Tree Farm

Route 1 Box 341
Alachua, Florida 32615 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-669-2067

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive nukusjeff
Wendell, NC
June 11, 2012
Posted on April 16, 2011, updated June 11, 2012
I ordered two chestnut trees and 2 grapevines this year (2011). The lady on the phone was very polite and helpful.

The plants arrived quickly and well packaged. The plants had no damage. They are all growing well.

In contrast I had 5 plants dead and only 2 alive after 2 years (including replacements with Willis Orchard).

I would not hesitate to recommend Chestnut Hill Tree Farm or order from them again. They are awesome!

On June 11th, 2012, nukusjeff added the following:

The grapevines are now huge and we need to replace our 2nd set of trellises with something bigger. One of the chestnuts is doing very well. The other one didn't make it. Perhaps too much shade? Both planted along the tree line of our driveway.
Positive PARRISHNM
Dade City, FL
December 1, 2010
I purchased 2 Chestnut trees this last summer, and both are very healthy. I had also requested that they mail order some nuts to my daughter when they were available and they were delivered in time for the holidays. I wouldn't hesitate to mail order plants, nuts or supplies from them, as their stock is very healthy and they are very helpful, unlike the disasterous situation we experienced with the south Georgia nurseries.
Positive cannonballfun
Jacksonville, FL (Zone 9b)
November 22, 2010
Beth absolutely made my experience here one worth driving back to repeat. I am so glad I found them after my Willis debacle I never thought I would garden again, but Chestnut Hill has reinvigorated my faith in nurseries.
Positive thgardeningfool
Orlando, FL
March 4, 2010
This happened about a month ago but I am just now getting around to posting about it. I had ordered two different plums to ensure proper cross pollination.

They arrived packed beautifully and looking healthy.

I planted them the same day and a few days later when I was taking some photos I realized that they both were of the same kind. I emailed the nursery and they replied right away. They sent me the other variety I had originally ordered no questions asked and even said I could keep the extra one they sent me for my trouble.

I did not expect any of it. Not the quick emailed response, nor the apology and even less that they'd just let me keep an additional plant. This type of service just does not happen these days!

I'd order again from them in a heartbeat and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a reputable nursery with great variety and super customer service.

Pam

Positive tc20852
Virginia Beach, VA
May 28, 2006
I purchased Dunstan Chestnut hybrids in the spring. They were all very healthy, great root system and are now growing like bonkers. The team there are very helpful and accomodating on delivery time. I am already making a little list for spring 2007.
Cheers Chestnut Hill!
Positive plantsdirect
Old Town (Gainesville), FL (Zone 8a)
December 9, 2002
We purchase from Chestnut Hill regularly and they have beautiful trees, and Beth and the rest of the crew at Chestnut Hill are all wonderful!