The scoop on 'Collector's Nursery'

Collector's Nursery

16804 NE 102nd Ave.
Battle Ground, Washington 98604-6162 (United States)

Visit Collector's Nursery at:

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Positive Strever
Hiouchi, CA (Zone 8b)
December 4, 2006
good service & great plants for decent prices is what this nursery is all about
Positive friar
May 19, 2006
IIn March of 2005 I ordered a 'Sparkling Arrow' Nootka and two Franklinia trees from Collector's Nursery, and both were unavailable. In January of 2006, I spoke to Diana on the phone, and she requested that I send an e-mail reminder to her about the nootka, which I did. In late March of 2006,I telephoned and she said because of the weather out there, she wasn't getting things from her growers. I mentioned I was receiving plants from the other mail order nurseries in her region. I have tried to call, to ask about the availiability of the nootka, but the phone is busy all the time. At this point, I am more than willing to order another item, just to end this. I e-mailed her today, and I hope I get an answer. Diana seems like a very nice person, but I would never order from Collector's Nursery again. I just want to get this over with at this point.
On May 22nd, 2006, friar changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I spoke to Diana on the phone this morning, and I have ordered items to replace the 'Sparkling Arrow' She explained that the grower has not shipped them to CN, and that many customers are waiting like I was. She also responded quickly to an e-mail sent two days ago. On second thought, I would order from CN. The other items we wanted were available, and my husband is happy we are getting them. Diana is quite gracious too, with an annoyed customer, and that is a factor in ordering from CN again.
Positive cloverhill
Katoomba
Australia
February 4, 2006
I have order from them a few time (overseas ordered)
and have had very good results,plant have been of good size,sometime hard contact via email,but alway reply.
Positive slubberdegulion
Roanoke, VA (Zone 7a)
May 29, 2005
The plant I ordered was very inexpensive and arrived looking healthy and quite large for the price. I was very happy with my purchase.
Positive gowron
Athens, GA
May 4, 2005
I placed my first order from Collectors Nursery this spring. The plants were small but of very good quality, very well rooted and vigorous. They have been in the ground for about a month now and they are growing very well, even faster than I expected. The ordering process was flawless and they responded quickly to a question about shipping dates. I will definitely order from them again.
On October 5th, 2005, gowron added the following:

An end-of-summer update: all of the plants that I ordered and planted last fall did extremely well: a Michelia yunnanesis quadrupled in size over the summer, and two different species of Cunninghamia doubled or more. This shows that their plants, even if small, are very well rooted. I ordered a few more plants as soon as the Fall list came out and received them in THREE days. As before, the plants were of superb quality and very reasonably priced.
Positive neodana
Indian Trail, NC
March 1, 2005
the edgeworthia "red dragon" and the "podophyllum "kaleidoscope" are beatiful and growing.
nice people.
Positive betwen
Channahon, IL
November 6, 2004
Purchased three Athyrium niponicum var. “Burgundy Lace” in late fall of 2003.
Communication was excellent through email, quick delivery, excellent packaging.
Plants were spectacular in 2004, and they are still going.
Will be placing another order in the spring of next year for new woodland area.

Positive Chills
Saint Clair Shores, MI (Zone 6b)
September 27, 2004
Late in the season I placed an order with Collector's Nursery. I have been looking for a rare clematis (Triternata Rubromarginata) for much of the summer and have actually ordered it from two other places only to recieve e-mails stating that they were out of stock days/weeks later.

Collector's Nursery had the items I was looking for, exactly as described and they arrived very quickly (2 weeks later) hacked very well and the plants were in ideal condition. I potted both clematis up to Quart pots (from 4") and within 10 days both were showing significant growth.

I would order from Collector's Nursery again (and probably will) should I find another place in my yard for another clematis.

~Chills
Positive CindyZ4_5
Turner, ME
August 30, 2004
I ordered a brugmansia and a rare clematis earlier this summer. I was delighted with this company's straightforward communication and with the size and quality of the plants I received. No big-box-bareroot-junk here!
Positive mouseman
July 23, 2004
I purchased a group of plants this spring, and will order from CN again in the future. The plants were healthy when received and are doing well.
Negative psychloman
Brooklyn, NY (Zone 7a)
July 17, 2004
On July 6, 2004 I ordered two ferns from Collector's Nursery over the internet. My order was acknowledged quickly but as of today July 17, still no delivery. I pulled up their web page and it says order pending. They made no effort to contact me to say there might be a problem and that it might take a while. What bothers me is that the two plants I ordered were available from another nursery from which I ordered and I could have had the plants by now.
Positive Tabassam
Beaufort, SC
June 30, 2003
All the plants I ordered are thriving except for one (that I found out after I bought it that it doesn't do well in this part of the country.) Satisfied and would buy from them again.
Positive McConley
January 6, 2003
I have visited this nursery (it's in my hometown!) and found the quality and quantity (different types) of plants to be superb. About 75% of my rare plants have come from here, always the best quality, always great service. I have personally always bought perennials and small shrubs, but their conifer and hosta selection is amazing. I love their epimediums and toad lily selection.
Positive alicef
PHILADELPHIA
United States
September 2, 2002
Yes, the plants can be small- but healthy and ready to grow. Also, they often include a little extra treat- which I enjoy.
Negative karenconner
July 1, 2002
I received healthy but very small plants. One grew the other died. I tried contacting them by phone and they did not respond. I tried contacting them by e-mail and they did not respond. They are quite irresponsible.
Positive luke32
Sebastopol, CA
March 31, 2002
Very good experience this year. Good selection of rather unusual plants and packaging was excellent.
Positive blueschiz
Landenberg, PA (Zone 6b)
January 16, 2002
I love perusing their website. Ordering was a breeze and plants arrived on time. Some were quite small and required a good bit of babying before they could go out, but overall I was very satisfied.
Positive rizaninoreyes
May 1, 2000
I'm very pleased with the selection and quality of plants I receive from this nursery. Each plant I've purchased has thrived and grown vigorously in my garden. Plants were well packaged and arrived in excellent condition. I highly recommend ordering from this nursery!
Positive dantackett
April 1, 2000
Well, I am impressed! The prices on their semi-rare plants were so reasonable that I thought the plants would be teeny-tiny. But, just got my order today and everything is a good size and packaged VERY well. The anemonellas I ordered were actually flowering with healthy foliage and the stems were not broken. EXCELLENT! All of the other plants (angelica, darmera, polygonatum) had the tiniest bit of foliage and excellent roots - perfect for planting. You know how you can just tell when roots and plants are healthy? These were. I am definitely ordering MORE from the Collector's nursery.
Positive robertaebel
February 1, 1996
A 20 page catalog with rare perennials shrubs and grafted conifers excellent quality.