The scoop on 'Color Farm Coleus'

Color Farm Coleus

1604 West Richway Drive
Albert Lea, Minnesota 56007 (United States)

Paper Catalog Cost: Free

Editor's Comment:
Question Mark January 2013. We were alerted by a reader that the URL is now used by a completely unrelated business located in California. If anyone has a status update on Color Farm Coleus, please contact the Garden Watchdog editors.

Comments:

Positive coleuslover123
Mount Laurel, NJ
September 24, 2013
Posted on September 24, 2013, updated September 24, 2013
Posted on September 24, 2013, updated September 24, 2013

The above is their new address.

On September 24th, 2013, coleuslover123 added the following:

On September 24th, 2013, coleuslover123 added the following:

I called them once and the owner (Vern) answered and we had a very nice lengthy conversation. He was so helpful!
Positive galvin
Alta, IA
March 21, 2009
In the spring of 2008 I ordered a collection of 20 coleus from Color Farm.
They arrived as soon as the weather had settled. The plants were well rooted, labeled and in great condition. Once planted they continued to flourish.
I was even able to remove their labels from the packages and use them to mark my containers until permanent markers were made. They receive a high rating.
Positive royalbud
Saint Louis, MO
June 8, 2007
Great shopping experience. This is the best mail order outfit I have dealth with. My order got to me much faster than I expected. All the plants were healthy and looked great. Very good experience. I would rate them A++++!
Positive americandragon
Hot Springs Village, AR (Zone 7b)
May 19, 2007
After a Garden Club presentation on Coleus where we were given several mail order / internet companies specializing in Coleus, I sorted through the options (the seemingly endless options!!!!!) and decided to try the Color Farm's "grab bag" starter collection of 10 plants of their choosing.

The plants arrived, and were in great condition. They were well started, about 12 inches high or so, and were all clearly marked with the variety, including one "unknown" marked as such (I guess I get to give that one my own name!). The plants were shipped laying flat, cushioned with newspaper, via priority mail. When you consider that the cost of shipping is included, this was quite a bargain. Now this isn't a mega-corporation with perfectly printed labels etc. In fact, it is more like something you might receive from a good friend if you were trading some plants by mail. Packaged with care, using materials at hand.

What was nice, was that the collection had a nice selection ranging from almost completely green to almost completely red, with some great variations in between. With another firm, the cost of just 5 of the varieties I received including their shipping charges was more than I paid for all 10. I have no problems giving this company high marks and full recommendation.
Positive Pioselli
Chester, NY
September 14, 2003
I have ordered coleus from Color Farm numerous times in the past, including this year. The plants are well-packaged, correctly named, & are well grown. They offer many unusual coleus cultivars, some of which have been hybridized by Color Farm. An added bonus-shipping is included in the purchase price. An ideal outfit with which to do business.
Positive TLynn
Matthews, MO (Zone 6b)
May 21, 2003
I just recieved a order from The Color Farm absolutely wonderful. Prices were great, plants were beautiful, packaged very well. Will definately buy from them again!
A+