The scoop on 'Carino Nurseries'

Carino Nurseries

Indiana, Pennsylvania 15701 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-223-7075
Fax: 724-463-3350

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive Queala
Newport, MI (Zone 5b)
June 10, 2011
Posted on May 11, 2004, updated June 10, 2011
I ordered two hundred trees from them a while back and all of the trees are doing great. I did not lose one tree due to shipping, only to animals!! Well packed and quick shipping. Only word of advice, Be ready to plant when you order!! LOL
On June 10th, 2011, Queala added the following:

I ordered again from Carino's and could not be happier. There was a small problem with the order and it was quickly taken care of. The tree I received were great. Nice big root systems and as tall as stated. I ordered the homeowners special and those trees are huge!!

Thanks again for some great trees!!
Positive TuddyE
Georgetown, KY (Zone 6a)
May 9, 2006
Carino Nurseries is without a doubt the best place for trees.
I have ordered from many many others, but no one comes close to the quality and the price of Carino's. Yes when they come you will be surprised at the lush greeness of evergreens, and the long healthy roots systems of all their stock. I have ordered from them 3 times this year alone, and would buy more if more room was available. You can't go wrong with Carino's.
Positive lkz5ia
Denison, IA (Zone 5b)
December 20, 2005
I have ordered from them for the past few years and they send high quality stock for cheap prices.
Positive billy444
Fairport, NY
August 28, 2005
I have purchased seedlings and transplants for over 4 years from this company now and have yet to have a bad experience. The transplants always arrive in a timely
matter and i might say in excellent condition. I find the a great company to do business with,,:-)
Positive rmaxharrj
Lincoln, MA
May 14, 2005
We were amazed by the size and health of the bare root hemlocks and hollies we ordered via Carino Nurseries 'Homeowner Specials'. As noted previously, it's a lot of work when the trees arrive, but the value for the price makes it worthwhile.
Positive Kevin_5
Elburn, IL (Zone 5a)
January 27, 2005
Excellent! That about sums it up. I have ordered 50 conifers from them twice, and got way more tree than I expected at a great price. It is a lot of work when they arrive, but well worth it. Big plants, big root systems, and huge success in transplanting. A+ to Carino!
Positive vannmarie
Cordova, MD
July 7, 2003
We planted 800 trees in the back of our property and have used various sources, including our state forestry dept. I have gotten mixed results from different nurseries, but I cannot say enough about Carino Nurseries. In the fall, we ordered 100 white pines and they arrived beautiful and healthy. We actually abused them somewhat because of delays on our end and we still had a 96% return. (Since they sent us 4 extra trees you could say 100%.) This spring we order 10 red oaks and the quality and size for the price is unbelievable. (The lowest quantity you can get is 10.) This is a great nursery!
On September 19th, 2003, vannmarie added the following:

I noted that this company description says wholesale only, but they sell to homeowners as well as businesses.
Positive MNath
June 28, 2003
WOW! I can't say enough good things about this nursery! Price, product and delivery went so far beyond my expectations that it actually caused a problem. After years of getting teeny-tiny seedlings sent to me by various nurseries, for nearly the same price I received plants that actually required digging a hole (instead of a spade slice) to plant and I did not expect to have to do so much work!

Absolutely "WOW!"

ps: the success rate of my plantings (at 16 weeks) is 100%!
On December 12th, 2003, MNath added the following:

In the Fall of 2003 I bought 50 Arbor Vitae and once again was not disappointed in any way.