The scoop on 'Idaho Seeds (Seeds4u)'

Idaho Seeds (Seeds4u)

897 S. Curtis Rd.
Boise, Idaho 83705 (United States)

This company offers a variety of bulbs.

No positives

Comments:

Negative Mainecoon
Shepherd, MT
December 26, 2009
BerthaEmma pretty much says what I would have wrote, since 208seeds4u2008 stopped selling due to to many negative feedback a new name appeared bulbdiva who I dealt with, I emailed this seller and asked on iris with made up names who was the hybridzer and year information on year of introduction and never got a answer back, why are people selling iris that can not even give you information on them. All names above have used Keith keppels pictures from his catalogs and no permission.
One iris I got from this outfit was a very long skinny tuber that was orange color and very flexible that you could twist and bend this rhizome/tuber without it breaking, it had no babies starters and only one narrow fan just a little over 1/4 ince wide
I did mention on a forem here I was going to leave negative on ebay and bulbdiva closed the ebay account right after, and you can not leave feedback when the seller closed down there account. yes I to know the other name of the seller on ebay who i believe is involved in this also Like BerthaEmma
says beware on ebay.
The address bulbdiva used on the ebay listings was Rigby ID and the plants came out from Boise ID with no name just an address in a yellow bubble envelope the plants were wrapped in glad sandwich bags, not anything a real iris seller or grower would use. and real iris sellers and growers do use there names and do not use other peoples pictures.
Negative BerthaEmma
Central, SC
December 25, 2009
Items were not as advertised. In the case of five of the iris I bought, she used other pictures and made up names. I am receiving a full refund from eBay. It is my understanding that she no longer can sell on eBay, but beware. This involves more than one name: 208seeds4u2009, bulbdiva and bulbs4belinda. There is another name on eBay at present that I think is a relative. I
have learned a lot quickly. Before buying iris on Ebay, write the seller and ask if they are using their own pictures, are they using the correct hybridized name, ask them to post a picture of the size of the rhizome they will be shipping...things like this. Ask them to attach a picture of their iris gardens. Beware of anyone who is not easily willing to provide answered to these kinds of questions.
Negative midrashist
Philadelphia, PA
September 24, 2009
I was sent about three dollars worth of bulbs as opposed to what was pictured on ebay (which would have been worth about the fifty I paid). I sent an e-mail to seller; no response.
What was pictured were clearly bearded iris. Some had well known official cultivar names. The difference between bearded iris and dutch iris is unmistakable. Bearded iris and siberian iris are largeish tubers. Dutch iris have little tiny bulbs worth ten to thirty cents apiece.
Since these sellers purport to have a whole site selling bearded iris, it would seem unlikely they didnít know the difference. (And if they donít know the difference, they have no business selling either.)
One of the pictures did not have a beard. Seller e-mailed me it was a Siberian iris. It too was a bulb which can not be a Siberian iris.
Furthermore, they didnít even send me the correct amounts. Of the fourteen plants I ordered, nine were missing.
I could try returning them, but I suspect itís not even worth my time or postage as this appears to be a scam.
Other iris sellers on ebay so far have been fine......