The scoop on 'Orange Pippin '

Orange Pippin

33 Algarth Rise, Pocklington
York YO42 2HX
(United Kingdom)

Phone: 1759 305079

Company Comment, posted on October 3, 2009:
http://www.orangepippin.com is a website about apples, their flavors and inter-relationships. We also sell high quality fruit trees for sale in the UK, western Europe, and the USA.

If you already have an apple tree in your garden, please visit our Apple Tree Register and record the details, and help us to build an international database of apple trees.

Comments:

Positive merichar
Las Cruces, NM
April 23, 2013
I was able to get a variety of apple tree from them that I couldn't find anywhere else. The customer service was excellent. Also, the website is incredibly informative, particularly on the topic of pollinators.
Positive rebecca101
Madison, WI (Zone 5a)
May 6, 2012
I ordered 3 dwarf apple trees from them which arrived this spring. I was very pleased with both the trees and the whole ordering process. They have an absolutely awesome website with all sorts of detailed, intelligent information (cross-pollination issues, rootstocks, pruning instructions, etc.). They offer apples on a variety of rootstocks and you can select which one works best for you. Lots of rare and unusual varieties. Communication about my order, packaging, and planting instructions were excellent. And the trees themselves were giant - hard to believe they are only 1-year old trees. This is definitely the company for the obsessive compulsive gardener (like me).
Positive smartchick
Ridgecrest, CA
May 4, 2012
I bought two varieties of apple tree from Orange Pippin- Mutsu (Crispin) and Wolf River. I had experienced difficulty in finding a nursery that could provide a Mutsu and decided to give this vendor a try. The trees were received in January and were monsters. The diameters of the trees really surprised me when they arrived. They are both leafing out and look very likely to thrive. I would recommend this company highly- they are especially worth a look if you are searching for a hard-to-find variety. These were the best quality trees I have ever received via mail order.
Positive snowangel77
Camarillo
United States
April 21, 2012
I ordered a Burgundy apple tree from Orange Pippin in March to be shipped to California, and am very pleased with the purchase.

They were very communicative about my order even though I hadnīt submitted any questions. They updated me via email when my order was estimated to ship, and again when they had shipped it and when I should expect it to arrive.

As for the tree they sent me - it is a very healthy, vigorous tree. It came shipped dormant with its roots carefully wrapped in a heavy duty plastic wrapper and some soil.

I followed the planting instructions provided on their website when I put it in the ground. I was a bit concerned as it had rained very heavily for 3 days after I had planted it, but as of the end of April, the tree seems settled into its new home and its dormant buds are now unfurled into leaves in sunny Southern California weather.