The scoop on 'Stanton Iris Gardens'

Stanton Iris Gardens

1074 Robertson
Escondido, California 92025 (United States)

Phone: 760-415-3248

Comments:

Positive JenniferRuth
San Diego, CA (Zone 10b)
December 18, 2010
Gardenwatchdog Entry for Stanton Iris

I found Stanton Iris Gardens through Gardenwatchdog, and put together an order. I live within a reasonable driving distance of the gardens, so I emailed the owner, Alex Stanton, and inquired about just picking up the irises rather than having him ship them. He was very cordial and invited us to come out to see the farm when picking them up. (And he was very gracious when we had to change the date.) What a wonderful day that was. His growing fields are out in beautiful countryside, and we had such a great time talking with him and admiring the rebloomers that were putting on a show.

As for the irises themselves, I was very pleased with their quality, and he was more than generous with the extras too. I will definitely be buying from him again.
Positive Betja
Bakersfield, CA
October 9, 2010
Alex Stanton has beautiful plants and always sends the most fantastic rhizomes, usually with multiple increases, and sometimes more than one rhizome per variety. I have purchased from him for two years now and think he is the best! He is still working on his website so you need to email him and let him know what you would like to order, and it usually takes him a few days to confirm your order. But I highly recommend Stanton Iris Gardens to everyone, and for those of us in warmer climates he does ship through November -- another plus for me!
Positive Calif_Sue
Northern California
United States (Zone 9a)
September 2, 2010
While the email communication was a bit slow, (probably because they were busy filling orders) I received the best looking order I have seen yet! Nice bonus' and extra rhizomes of the ones I ordered, not small little side ones but equal in size, which were quite large to begin with. They sure know how to grow them!
I had to email an apology right away as I had just sent them a cancellation letter the same day I got the order (too bad I didn't catch the mailman!) I wasn't sure when they were shipping and the following week we were moving so I panicked. A happy ending and customer.
Highly recommend them.
Positive Carolsflowers
Brunswick, MO (Zone 5a)
August 10, 2010
An iris specialty company. Very large rhizomes & excellent quality. Good communication. Fair prices.
Positive Pegwesttx
Midland, TX (Zone 8a)
October 5, 2009
Iris arrived promptly, properly cleaned and shipped. Extras were included. Largest rhizomes I've ever seen!