The scoop on 'Succulent Gardening'

Succulent Gardening

552 Seabright Lane
Solana Beach, California 92075 (United States)

Phone: (858) 342 9781

No positives

Comments:

Negative shengtao
Olathe, KS
March 10, 2014
My daughter purchased 5 plants from this company which was a purchase of over $50. That is the minimum you can purchase. When we received the plants the leaves had been badly frozen and the stems were very limp. When I called to speak with them about the problem, I was told they would call me back. That has not happened. My daughter lives in CA and I live in KS. She sent this as a special spring gift as a bright spot after our hard winter. She is now broken hearted and I am furious that these 5 plants that were not worth $20 came almost dead and this company will not return a call. This is not a good way to do business....Be very cautious before you buy from them.

Company representative comment on March 10, 2014:
On Mar 10, 2014 4:19 PM, Succulent Gardening responded with:

so here it is... The purchase was $32 for plants plus freight and packing. Our minimum is actually $50 but we had no problem shipping under minimum order.
I also suggested a note which I included and included an extra plant as i always try to do the right thing and the daughter said she wanted to brighten her mother's day.
The daughter called today asking me how to take care of the plants that they seemed frozen. I asked her to have her mom send a photo so I could decide what should be done.
she said that she would... When the client called I was handling a "Real" emergency and i said i would call right back... My apology I didn't call right back... I was also waiting for the photo. I did call back prior to receiving this email and left a message.
The client has written a terrible review as you can see... I suggest you read the comments on our website.

We are a good company and take good care of our clients. Had Shengtao waited she would have seen that. It is best to take a breath and act in kindness not in anger. a credit has been applied to their paypal account.

Neutral murecons
Yonkers, NY
March 4, 2013
I went to this site for one plant in particular but had to spend $50.00 minimum. When my order arrived, the plant I wanted was accidently left out of the package. I did receive a refund and the shipping charges were reduced.
Neutral Toddott
Kentwood, MI (Zone 5b)
September 26, 2012
Lot's of things I would like to buy, but, wow, a ridiculous minimum charge and outrageous shipping charge. They tell us to take time, look around their site, and enjoy. How can I enjoy when I can't afford the $78 minimum I would have to spend. They say, "We are a website devoted to introducing magnificent, low water, low maintenance Succulents to the world," unfortunately most of the world can afford then. The prices would most definately cause beginning growers to not want to grow any more. Absolutely, no reason why a company should charge such a high minimum!