The scoop on 'Premium Plant Plugs (premiumplantplugs.com)'

Premium Plant Plugs (premiumplantplugs.com)

6300 North 160 Road
Beggs, Oklahoma 74421 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Company Comment, posted on August 27, 2011:
Hey Guys!

We're up and running for Fall Shipping which will start for us on September 10th (yes actually on a Saturday) and be determined by your local climate or your personal preference if you state one on your order in the "shipping instructions" box.

We have a lot of great plants and are looking forward to sending them out in weather that's hopefully a bit cooler!!!

We've also added a "customer review" feature where you can leave comments about the plants you have or buy to help out other gardeners.

AND - we've added discounted half trays of plugs in all four sizes in addition to the discounted Full Trays we already carried. Also, you can create a combination tray of any plug size and the discount (a full 20%!) is automatically calculated when you check out!

Happy Shopping and even Happier Gardening!

Patrick
PremiumPlantPlugs.com

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive ccnmeg
Champaign, IL
October 3, 2012
I made an order last fall and experienced some of the same anxiety as fellow gardeners who left negative feedback. After much waiting, calling and emailing, Patrick did respond and actually refunded my order after shipping it out rather late and in the midst of early frosts. He also gave me advice on caring for the plants. I am happy to report that after following his excellent advice and an abnormally mild winter, all of the plants survived through spring and a very, very hot and dry summer. IMO, Patrick is an honest vendor who went through a rough time without a contingency plan. Kind of like when we acquire plants but lose them because we plant in the wrong location, couldn't care for them, or experience disease or bad weather. But in spite of the circumstances, the outcome was good.
Positive DuckCreekFarms
Mounds, OK
January 26, 2012
Let me comment. I see that Patrick has received several negatives. I don't know him, and only met him once...however, I have a small greenhouse business about 15 miles away. When a UPS truck driver mistakenly took one of my plant deliveries to his greenhouse and dropped them off, Patrick took it upon himself to find me (not easy to do as I am not open to the public) and personally deliver them. He didn't know me and didn't owe me anything, but was a very generous person to use his gas and his time to make sure they got to me. He could have called the UPS and had them picked up and the extras days in transit would have probably killed them. I am learning from this experience as I also have a mail order business (duckcreekfarms.com) and I am a one man show and this could easily happen to me. Bad things can happen to good people.....
Negative walshee
Addison, TX (Zone 8a)
January 25, 2012
I ordered 25 plugs of hypericum and he shorted me by half. There was a note that the rest would arrive in a week later.

It's now been over 7 months. I've called, and called, and called. Mostly, his voicemail said "voicemail full" so I couldn't even leave a message.

My gardener would not come out to plant until all the plants arrived so all the tiny plugs I did receive died in our hottest summer on record. I watered them twice daily and but they were too small to retain any water and they all died.

It would be lovely if you could get this guy on the phone or by email or by snailmail. I'm out $157.38- the full amount. It is illegal to bill customers for goods not shipped. Shame on you for cheating and stealing.
Negative cicelychen
Atlanta, GA
November 3, 2011
I ordered and paid for plants over a month ago and still have not received them. Contacting them multiple times through email and phone did not help. Their voicemail was full every time and it was impossible to leave a message. Clearly nobody has been checking and/or clearing out old messages. Emailing them didn't produce any results either. I am very frustrated as the weather is turning cool and if I had known I would looked for other sources. I did order other plants at the same time from 4 other nurseries and I have received all my plants in a timely manner from everyone except premiumplantplugs.

I just read Patrick's responses on Garden Watchdog and while I sympathize and hope he gets well soon, the lack of communication is unacceptable. The posts show that he has been out of the hospital since at least Oct 15. It is now Nov 3, and even if he has other things to take care of and emergencies with the greenhouse, the least he can do is respond to all the messages and emails and let people know that he is receiving them and will take care of them. Even if he doesn't have the time or energy to do all that, he could ask someone to clear out the message box and to respond with a standard emergency acknowledgement/response. There is no reason why a customer would have to sit in the dark for weeks wondering what happened.

Negative mikosh
Santa Claus, IN
November 1, 2011
Regarding order #: 1316975564-703

Paid for the order on 9/25. Numerous emails and a call or two and still no response as to when I'll get my plants.. Today is November 1st.
Negative lvyao
Katy, TX
October 27, 2011
Posted on October 20, 2011, updated October 27, 2011
Well, I guess I have the same experience as everybody else, couple of emails and phone calls without any response. Finally I decide to post a negative review here to warn other people.

Then I saw Patrick reply, understandable, I will extend my patience for a few more days to see what can I get.

Also hope Patrick get well soon.
On October 27th, 2011, lvyao changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

I have to change it to Negative. After waiting for a week, sending emails and leave voice message, still nobody get back to me.
Positive Bunnyteeth
Sand City, CA (Zone 9b)
October 25, 2011
My experience with Premium Plant Plugs could have easily become negative, if not for the excellent customer service provided by Patrick. He and I communicated via email very effectively and he made the transaction pleasant. I ordered highland cream thyme in March. Patrick let me know that it wasn't ready like he thought it would be and he recommended I wait a while for the plugs to develop stronger roots. However, by the end of the rainy season, the plugs still weren't ready and I couldn't have planted them without using a lot of water in the summer. Patrick and I agreed to wait until September for shipping. I guess the Highland Cream was still giving him some problems, because he arranged to complete my order using another grower. Thanks, Patrick for thinking of your customers first. I'll order from you in the future (don't worry, it won't be highland cream thyme)!
Neutral isabel09
Ellicott City, MD
October 21, 2011
Posted on October 8, 2011, updated October 21, 2011
I have the similar bad experience with gfilmore. I placed my order on September 19, 2011 after viewing the stellar ratings here. My credit card was charged on the same day. I still have not received the order today October 8, 2011. In last few weeks, I emailed them twice and called them many times. I did not get any response. According to their fall shipping schedule, my order should have been deliverd at the end of September. No plants and I could not even get in touch with anyone from Premium Plant Plugs. I will wait a few more days for my order. The time for fall planting in my area is almost over. If I don't received the order by then, I have not choice but to file a dispute with credit card company.
On October 21st, 2011, isabel09 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

After reading Patrick's response, I decide to change my original rating. Though things could be better, it is understandable the unexpected difficulties in managing a small business. I hope you get well soon. The weather in Maryland is too cold for planting this fall. I have to cancel my order. When Patrick's buisness gets back to normal in the future, I may consider buy more plants. Best wishes!
Company representative comment on October 15, 2011:
On Oct 15, 2011 8:33 PM, Premium Plant Plugs (premiumplantplugs.com) responded with:

Please see the reply above. So sorry...this is just such a mess, hopefully we can make it up to you.

Negative gfilmore
Raleigh, NC
October 15, 2011
Posted on October 6, 2011, updated October 15, 2011
I ordered one item (half-flat of one plant) on Sept. 20, 2011 and the order posted as paid on my credit card on Sept. 22, 2011.

I *still* have not received this. I've emailed once before, on Sept. 30, and left messages by phone, several times this week, with *no* response from you folks.

Now the voicemail message says "mailbox full".

I would like to get these plants in the ground ASAP... or at least get my money back if you cannot fulfill the order. I am posting here on Dave's Garden with my concerns, in the hope of getting a response from you folks and get an answer as to why I have not received any product, or communications from you since Sept. 20.

I made my order knowing the stellar ratings here on Garden Watchdog. I'm not usually a complainer, and understand that 'things happen' and the mark of a good company is how they deal with the 'things'. I am not happy about being the lone negative on this page… I look forward to either editing/updating this post to reflect that my purchase has been made whole and all is well ;-)

On October 15th, 2011, gfilmore added the following:

UPDATE 10/15/2011: Still no response to repeated emails and voicemail messages (but someone must have reset the mailbox, because now the "mailbox full" message is gone and you can leave a message).

I have initiated a dispute with my credit card company to get my money back since I have neither received any merchandise, or even one word as to why. I see another user has had a similar experience. I'm sorry to see this, I wonder if another retailer succumbed to the bad economy. If that's the case, it's unfortunate that they didn't have the simple courtesy to notify folks… and not take their money.

As before, I'm willing to modify my opinion if presented with evidence I'm wrong. Thank you DG for the watchdog, BTW ;-)
Company representative comment on October 15, 2011:
On Oct 15, 2011 8:31 PM, Premium Plant Plugs (premiumplantplugs.com) responded with:

Well there's certainly no evidence to present showing that you're wrong. You're completely right. I just got out of the hospital and am pretty much caught with my pants down because I didn't train anyone adequately to cover for me if I was out of commission. I'm trying my best to get it back together but currently am facing a 3000 sq. ft. greenhouse that needs the plastic replaced on it immediately before the weather turns sour. We're almost there...just one more day, but I'm still at about half strength.

Monday I'm going to start calling people and seeing if they want their order shipped (if they're in mild climates like Southern Florida or Coastal California or South Texas) or offering store credit plus bonus credit (for the inconvenience) or a full refund to those needing it (most likely the majority).

So...if you have an order with us, I'll be contacting you Monday or Tuesday at the latest to make this right.

I completely apologize for the poor job we've done at handling this disaster, the lack of communication and any inconvenience. If you're completely exasperated at this point I fully understand. It's not your fault, it's my fault on this end and in the coming week we're going to make amends to the fullest extent possible.

Patrick
PremiumPlantPlugs.com

Positive marleec
Adairsville, GA (Zone 7b)
June 26, 2011
I placed my first order on 6/16 and received the plants on 6/24. Even though two plugs had become dislodged during shipping, all the plants were in good shape and healthy. They were well packed and still moist. I will definitely order more and would recommend Premium Plant Plugs to others.
Positive bloom79
Arlington, MA
June 16, 2011
We have been very interested in increasing the planting area of our yard and decreasing the (non existent) lawn - this can get pretty expensive. Glad to have found Premium Plant Plugs - their clearance was an awesome incentive to try them out. The plants arrived pretty quick and in good condition; still slightly damp and looked pretty healthy out of the box. Patrick is very good at responding to emails and is very helpful. Overall very happy and will definitely buy from Premium Plant Plugs again!
Positive naturemaiden
Cutchogue, NY
June 8, 2011
Posted on June 8, 2011, updated June 8, 2011
Placed my first order with premiumplantplugs.com- fast ship and Patrick was a great help assisting me with my order. Nice plants. Will order again.
On June 8th, 2011, naturemaiden added the following:

I'd also like to add that Patrick was quick to ship out replacements for some plants that broke in transit. Customer service is such an important part of any company- and I appreciate Patrick's fast response and FAST plant replacement. I highly recommend this company!
Positive l_m_stephenson
Saint Louis, MO
June 5, 2011
I ordered multiple plugs of hostas, lavender, ferns, and autumn joy sedums. Most of the plants looked healthy (the hostas had really nice roots) but I had concerns about the Japanese Ferns (they were small and didn't look right). They sent out healthy replacements of the three Japanese Ferns. The replacements arrived quickly.

I would recommend this company and I will use them again.
Positive GreenandGrowing7
Marcola, OR
May 31, 2011
This is the first time I have ordered from this company, and I couldn't be happier. I was somewhat reluctant to order plants so late in May, but the echinaceas were shipped quickly and arrived in perfect condition. The plants are very well-rooted, large and healthy. I received great communication from Premium Plant Plugs before I placed my order. This is a great online company that offers a large selection of plants at very good prices. I will definitely order from them again.
Positive museumgirl
Royal Oak, MI (Zone 6a)
May 11, 2011
Just received my first order from them this week, and the plants looked great. They were still damp, looked very healthy, and not at all stressed. (two huechera and a sedum). I needed to wait a day before planting, and they still looked fine and look fine now in the garden. I am very happy with both the quality of the plants, the communication from Patrick, and the shipping. I will order again.
Positive moored
Spokane, WA
May 10, 2011
Plants just arrived. This is the first time I have bought from them and the experience was wonderful. Good web site, fast excellent shipping and plants arrived perfectly even though I bought them at the end of the season on sale. When my credit card didn't go through, I called the number listed at the site and got immediate and helpful service. This is how online plant buying is supposed to be and rarely is. Bravo!
Positive bryana
Albany, NY
May 3, 2011
I ordered 5 Echinacea, 1 Caryopteris, 1 Heuchera & 1 Asclepias.
The Enchinacea were all good sized and healthy.
The Heuchera was good too. The Caryoptereris & Asclepias were small and wilted but perked up after planting, watering and a couple of days of cool weather. Good value overall.
Positive rgabriel
Hebron, MD
April 30, 2011
I ordered a Mega-Plug 32 assorted tray last weekend. The order was promptly shipped the flowing Wednesday. The plants arrived in pristine condition and were all extremely healthy looking. The package was packed extremely well, and all of the plants were still moist from watering prior to shipping.

The only issue I ran into was with the USPS, the seller stated USPS was the best way to ship and they hadn't had any issues. I shipped via what the seller suggests on their website. USPS stated delivery would occur on Friday April 29th. Delivery did not occur, I tracked it this morning and found it was at my local Post Office and delivery was slated for Monday May 2nd. I called them and talked to the Post Office on the phone, and they let me pick the package up. My only concern is shipping times in the future via USPS. If delivered Monday that would have been a six day transit from OK to MD. Although the seller packed in such a manner they I feel everything would have survived six days in transit.

All, in all I will buy from this company again. I'll just put a note to please hold shipment until you can ship on a Monday to prevent this issue from occurring again. Also hats off to the USPS for just letting a customer call up and explain the situation and pickup a package.
Positive hairyjo
Danville, CA
March 27, 2011
I ordered a tray of little plants. They were shipped when I asked. They all look great and I am so excited to see them bloom this summer. They all seem very healthy. I transplanted some into larger pots in my cold frame. I put the echinacea right into the garden today because the weather is warming up in the 70s this week. I am sure I will order from them again next year.
Positive Flimsy
Murfreesboro, TN (Zone 6b)
September 7, 2010
Wonderful company to do business with. The hosta looked a little sad when I received it, but within a week it was putting out gorgeous leaves. All plants had a very healthy root system. The sedum I ordered fell out all over the box, which was probably from shipping, but Patrick replaced it with double the amount ordered. Fast shipment and excellent customer service. I will order from them again and highly recommend them.
Positive Jamee
Bloomington, IN
July 14, 2010
Love these folks! I have a problem (which wasn't their fault - post office) and they made it more than right (if only other companies (all!) would be like them.) Please don't hesitate to use their services. I wish Dave's Garden had a higher rating - Premium Plugs would certainly deserve it.
Positive murphynetwork
Northbrook, IL
July 11, 2010
John Creech Sedum plugs were great. Planted them in early spring and they are already looking great. Also ordered sedum, hostas, and heuchera plants. Love the no pot shipping and all of the plants have been healthy and happy. Great customer service as well.
Positive NoNora
Roslindale, MA
July 6, 2010
There were problems with my order, both in terms of quantity and quality, but, once notified, they bent over backwards to make it right. Can't ask for more!
Positive 1lolita1
Elgin, IL
July 5, 2010
Hostas and heucheras- My plants arrived quickly and in great condition. Even though they were little liner plugs, they were hearty and leafy. They've been in the ground only about a week and have continued to produce new growth,and everything has at least one new leaf! Very pleased!
Positive brenda_gardens
Greensburg, PA (Zone 6a)
July 1, 2010
My order arrived quickly. It was very well packed and the plants were in excellent condition. I had ordered 40 ajuga plugs. They sent at block of 100. I assume this was to assure that I had 40 good ones as the plants had grown tight root masses by this time of the season. I planted all 100 and they are doing fine.
I will definitely order from this company again.
Positive mellen1954
New Providence, IA (Zone 5a)
June 30, 2010
I had a great experience with this company as a first time buyer. Plugs were healthy, well-rooted, and delivery was quick. Also had good communication as to when the plugs were mailed. I have always wanted the hosta Tattoo so was thrilled to get 2 of them at a very reasonable price. Thanks for the wonderful plants!
Positive cat64129
(Cathy), MO
June 23, 2010
5 Stars! I just received my first order from this company, and I was very happy!!! They are "plugs", so I expected super small. I ordered some brunnera and they were small like I expected. But I'd also ordered a couple of hostas and they were VERY nice sized! I have already sent in another order and will definately continue to order from them in the future.
Positive lilaclily
Lombard, IL (Zone 5a)
June 16, 2010
Posted on May 19, 2010, updated June 16, 2010
Couldn't be happier with my first order from this company. The selection of heucheras, heucherellas, and tiarellas made me swoon, as did the prices. I saved even more with a coupon code that their website provided. I was kept informed of my order status and called personally when something was out of stock (thank you for the generous substitution, Patrick!). Received two days after my order had shipped. I would definitely order from them again. Rarely does a mail order company make me as happy as they did. And believe me, that says a lot!

Buy with confidence here.
On June 16th, 2010, lilaclily added the following:

Placed another order with Patrick yesterday, I couldn't resist the clearance sale! Although I haven't received that order yet, I am following up to comment on my original order from a month ago.

The brunnera I ordered arrived with two tiny leaves on it. I remember thinking, "Wow, that's super tiny, I don't think that little guy's gonna make it." Well, it's been a month and it now has over a dozen leaves on it and is growing like a weed! That is how ALL of the plugs are growing. Yes, they arrived small, but with just a little love and patience, they are of the size you'd find in a quart or gallon container at your local nursery for a much higher price.

I am really in love with what Patrick offers and can't wait until next year to order again!!
Positive Jenntrip
Caldwell, ID
June 15, 2010
Premium Plant Plugs provided an email to let me know when to expect delivery. They were timely with my order and followed up to be sure that everything arrived as expected.
Positive daylily970
Coshocton, OH (Zone 6a)
June 15, 2010
great communication, service and delivery. the hosta's were small, they added extra one. they are doing great. would recommend.
Positive dcookie
Idaho Falls, ID
June 14, 2010
Plugs arrived promptly, and an email notice was sent out ahead to let me know they were coming. Warning: the plants aren't impressive to look at when you open them up (just a couple of leaves on each Brunnera I ordered), but that's not important! The root ball was extremely dense, and although I only planted them yesterday, I don't think there will be any problems. Their customer service is very good and has a personal feel. I would do business with them again.
Positive schufrei
Luzerne, PA
June 14, 2010
My heuchera plugs arrived looking pretty shabby and some near-dead. I think there had been some delay in delivery. I notified the company immediately, with pix, and they were very gracious and responsive and offered to replace them. I thought I'd give the little heuchs a chance, though, just for the challenge, so I planted and doted on them a bit. Well, they came back and are doing great. Just wanted to offer this to anyone who might be disappointed at first when they receive their plugs. My first thought was, "I guess you get what you pay for...," but it turned out to be a really good way to get a bunch of nice plants at a relatively low cost. However, I'd say plugs are probably not a good choice for the beginning gardener, since they require a bit more nurturing and skill to get them established and thriving.
Positive foxy1
Burleson, TX (Zone 7b)
Posted on April 10, 2010, updated June 14, 2010
Excellent.
On June 14th, 2010, foxy1 added the following:

Very pleased. Ordered again and received the same excellent service, packaging, and plugs.
Positive bigrock
Marion, MA
Posted on June 1, 2010, updated June 14, 2010
Well, I guess I have some new best friends. I stumbled on Premium Plant Plugs while perusing Dave's Garden and looked at their offerings after reading their reviews. I clicked on the "specials" and could not believe the prices on the remaining plants (of course I was too late on most of them). I ordered several plants, including 4 hellebores. When the plants arrived I was amazed at their size, especially the root balls (some of the greens had to be removed to fit in the box). One hellebore was absolutely gallon-sized and the rest half-gallon or more...FOR TWO DOLLARS EACH, and these were Barry's hellebores from Sunshine Gardens!!! "Such a deal..." The Maltese Cross were also huge. The only problem I had was that I didn't order more. Beautiful plants, well shipped. I will definitely be back for more. Thank you, Patrick!
On June 14th, 2010, bigrock added the following:

I made another. larger order with Premium Plant Plugs and it came in perfect shape. I was concerned about when it was going to arrive because I needed to set up the plants in pots to get established. The order arrived just before this weekend which gave me plenty of time. Thank you again, Patrick! My order included 15 hellebores and they were huge, with immense rootballs. I was grateful for the one or two that could fit into quart-sized containers because the rootballs on all the others were too large - I was running out of large containers! Wonderful plants, great service, plants came very well packaged. Thank you, again, Patrick and I wll be checking back on Premium Plant Plugs frequently for more!!!
Positive kswob
Chippewa Falls, WI
June 13, 2010
I was apprehensive at first but saw all of the positive feedback so thought 'what do I have to lose?' I couldn't have been more pleased. The communication is wonderful; even followed up with me to make sure everything was satisfactory. When I opened the box I was extremely pleased with the condition of everything from the packaging to the plugs themselves. I planted them immediately in soilless medium and they are all doing wonderfully. I have since placed another order and plan to do so again next year. When I can save myself this kind of money by buying plugs and growing them rather than paying someone else to grow them for me, I will be able to have a wider variety of plants in my gardens. I am so excited that I found this site, I am telling everyone I know.
Positive stormcloud
Yonkers, NY
June 4, 2010
Posted on April 29, 2010, updated June 4, 2010
Posted on March 17, 2010, updated April 29, 2010
These plant plugs are fabulous. Well packaged.Even though.They arrived looking lush and healthy.Nice full root systems and nicely leafed out on arrival. Well packaged.
I highly recommend this place. A pleasure to deal with the owner.Quick response to e-mail questions.Sheila/Stormy
On April 29th, 2010, stormcloud added the following:

I just received another order from Premium Plant Plugs and these plants are just fabulous !
Great place to do business with ! I am very pleased once again.
On June 4th, 2010, stormcloud added the following:

Today I received another lovely order from this company...Their plants as well as the ease of dealing with Patrick are terrific ! I sure do wish more online vendors were as efficent as Premium Plant Plugs.All plant material from past orders are alive and thriving now .
Excellent customer service, Great communication. Plants arrived in excellent condition, nice and neatly packaged and promptly shipped.
Positive Sherry77
June 3, 2010
I am very happy with my two orders from this company. I ourchased both plants and plugs, all were very healthy and well-packaged. I will definitely order again!
Positive WeeklyWeeder
Polson, MT (Zone 5b)
June 3, 2010
This is a very nice company to deal with and has good stock at great prices. Patrick is a good communicator and is very willing to work with you.
I ordered 400 sedum 'Angelina' plugs which have arrived in excellent condition and well packaged.
You can't go wrong with this company. Great experience.
I will be ordering again.
Colleen in Polson, MT
Positive SeedBead
Brooklyn, NY (Zone 7a)
June 3, 2010
Simple ordering process, Excellent customer service, Great communication. Plants arrived in excellent condition, nicely packed and shipped promptly.
Positive Kent711
Northville, MI
May 30, 2010
I couldn't be much more impressed with the both service and the products this company provides.

They sent me the following email relating to my order. "This is just to let you know that your order was on hold until we received an item or items we needed to fill it…so it didn’t make it out until Thursday. Still, there’s about a 90% chance it will be delivered today. If it ends up in transit over the holiday weekend and there are any problems as a result, don’t hesitate to contact us. We will take care of it."

Not only did the order arrive the same day with no premium shipping charges but it also was beautifully packed and contained plants that were very healthy and larger in size than I was expecting.

This is a company that I found through the Dave's Garden website and I highly recommend them based on my experience with them.